Page 320 of 526 FirstFirst ... 220270295310317318319320321322323330345370420 ... LastLast
Results 4,786 to 4,800 of 7887

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Just wear something you're comfortable with and normal makeup. Honestly, this isn't really all that important all they want to see is your facial structure. Then if you make it past that it's your acting and movement.

• Future Princess

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin6592 View Post
    Okay so I have a few thoughts/questions.

I plan on going through my next 3 semesters (Spring '11, Fall '11, Spring '12) Disney-free. If my grades permit me to do so, I'll end up applying for the CP for the Fall '12. However, my plan as of right now is to pay for a flight and hotel room for May in 2012 at WDW, audition there and if I make it, spend the summer there then apply for the fall CP while I'm there. Would that be frowned upon? Or is that a legitimate idea?
    With the CP, the application goes up (usually) in Feb. So you would be applying late to the CP and most of the spots would probably be filled if you apply during/after May. I'm not 100% sure about the general number of people they take for entertainment, but I don't think it's many, so you may be banking a lot on just assuming - and please don't take that the wrong way! I'm not saying you won't make it, but I just want to make sure you keep things realistic.

I plan on doing the Fall 2012 CP as well, so long as freshman year works out, and I want to apply the first few days of the application being out, as will many people who are dreaming of the same thing. I'm not sure how the audition process plays into the application-for-CP process yet, but applying very early might help you secure a spot someplace else if entertainment doesn't work out.

Usually, you apply for the program and then you attend a specific entertainment audition (even if you are chosen for an entertainment position, this doesn't mean that you will necessarily be a character. They also cast for stage shows from the CPE auditions. Chances are, if you are lucky enough to even be a character you will be doing fur only). They like to have an interview with you before you attend the audition, which I would recommend becuase then they know who you are when you audition.

If you want more information on the CP, there's this thread here:
    College Program

Hi Everyone!

Is anyone planning on going to the Disneyland Resort Paris auditions on Friday in North Hollywood?

I've been to one Disney audition before, but never for a foreign country resort. Does anyone know what the process is, especially in terms of language? I took French for 6 years and speak it decently, but I certainly don't sound like a native.

Also, has anyone been a character at a DLP/any of the foreign parks? What is it like??

Thanks!

Kate

Quote Originally Posted by kateburke View Post
    Hi Everyone!

Is anyone planning on going to the Disneyland Resort Paris auditions on Friday in North Hollywood?

I've been to one Disney audition before, but never for a foreign country resort. Does anyone know what the process is, especially in terms of language? I took French for 6 years and speak it decently, but I certainly don't sound like a native.

Also, has anyone been a character at a DLP/any of the foreign parks? What is it like??

Thanks!

Kate
    From what I've heard, if you are hired as a character for a foreign park in America you are not expected to know the language. Instead, they emphasize hand movements to get their points across to the children. Most children in other countries speak English and enjoy practising it with their favorite characters so it usually works out good. I'm not sure if the auditions are any different from regular auditions, I highly doubt they'll only speak French while there! As for being a character in the park, I've heard that they're having a little trouble with crowd control and some of their characters have been literally mobbed. I'm sure they're working on that though! I've also heard that you live in a hotel during your stay, but I'm not sure if that's true or not. Good luck in your audition!

• wishing upon a star :)

I'm planning on going to the DLP auditions on Friday as well. I took French from 3rd-8th grade, but that's it haha. Oh well! I'm just hoping to have fun at a new experience, and who knows? Maybe my wish will come true :P

Hello Everyone! I'm new to Micechat and I'm glad that this thread was started, it was very helpful (read through all 320 pages lol). I plan to apply for the WDW College Program and audition for character performer, I truly can't wait to audition. I would like to be a face character, but I would be happy being a fur character as well. My height is 5'4 and i would like to be anyone, maybe Rapunzel..hmm I just don't know who I look like. I have dance experience maybe like 2 years and 4 years of cheerleading. The only thing I worry about is acting, I have done it in school with Shakespeare, but this is different and it's making me nervous.

Is the animation and acting hard or is it easy?

Well I wish everyone the best of luck on their auditions, I know that everyone will do a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by kaitlynWDWCP View Post
    Is the animation and acting hard or is it easy?
    I've never gotten past the first round, so I don't know much about the acting portion other than what my friend who is friends with Peter said and what has been said on here (reading from a script/telling a story in character? I think). As for animation, you should be big, as in if you don't feel stupid, you're not doing it big enough (does that even make sense? lol) However, you don't want to let casting know that you feel stupid (because they will be able to tell you're uncomfortable), so it's best to just let yourself go and have fun with it.

Animation is not hard, per se, but coming up with a character and movements can be tricky. I've had them tell us to "interact" with our favorite character, or do certain movements as a character (like point out something the child is wearing, do your happy dance, oh look mom has a camera!) I've practiced beforehand, picking a character that I know I can do movements for and feel comfortable with, because confidence is key!
    "Look there she goes, that girl is so peculiar...with a dreamy, far-off look, and her nose stuck in a book..." Yep, that would be me!

I tend to post in a thread and forget to check it ever again, or even worse, I kill it. Yay me.

Quote Originally Posted by KBelle5 View Post
    I've never gotten past the first round, so I don't know much about the acting portion other than what my friend who is friends with Peter said and what has been said on here (reading from a script/telling a story in character? I think). As for animation, you should be big, as in if you don't feel stupid, you're not doing it big enough (does that even make sense? lol) However, you don't want to let casting know that you feel stupid (because they will be able to tell you're uncomfortable), so it's best to just let yourself go and have fun with it.

Animation is not hard, per se, but coming up with a character and movements can be tricky. I've had them tell us to "interact" with our favorite character, or do certain movements as a character (like point out something the child is wearing, do your happy dance, oh look mom has a camera!) I've practiced beforehand, picking a character that I know I can do movements for and feel comfortable with, because confidence is key!
    Oh okay sounds like it won't be too hard. Thank you so much for telling me this information, it was helpful and I truly appreciate it! I'm defiantly going to practice my movement and acting out things.

No matter what happens, just keep smiling and pretend like it was supposed to happen! Just a warning though, don't get your heart set on a face for the college program. I've only known of two people who have ever done face while on the CP. You have a better chance at getting fur. Are you going to apply for this fall's CP?

Quote Originally Posted by PinkElephant View Post
    I'm planning on going to the DLP auditions on Friday as well. I took French from 3rd-8th grade, but that's it haha. Oh well! I'm just hoping to have fun at a new experience, and who knows? Maybe my wish will come true :P
    It should definitely be fun! From what I understand it's going to be different from the Disneyland one a few weeks ago where they just lined people up and said yes or no. I have a few friends who went to a character/parade performer audition and apparently everyone learns movement/dance combinations first and then they make decisions. But who knows, every Disney audition is different
    Maybe I'll see you there! If not, best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    No matter what happens, just keep smiling and pretend like it was supposed to happen! Just a warning though, don't get your heart set on a face for the college program. I've only known of two people who have ever done face while on the CP. You have a better chance at getting fur. Are you going to apply for this fall's CP?
    Yes I do plan on applying for this fall. I really don't plan on making face, it would be nice if I could but I just want to be a character performer so bad, it's been a dream and passion of mine for so long, so if I got fur I truly would be happy.
    But if I don't get accepted in the college program, I 'am going to go audition still.

So, while your chances of becoming a face character are low through the CP, you're still allowed to audition to become one right?

Also, do you think working in the CP would help your chances in terms of auditioning after college? Or even just auditioning after the CP? I want to be a face so bad.

Also, here are some shots of myself with a few face characters from last week.

And me getting ready for the Indiana Jones stunt show!

• wishing upon a star :)

Quote Originally Posted by kateburke View Post
    It should definitely be fun! From what I understand it's going to be different from the Disneyland one a few weeks ago where they just lined people up and said yes or no. I have a few friends who went to a character/parade performer audition and apparently everyone learns movement/dance combinations first and then they make decisions. But who knows, every Disney audition is different
    Maybe I'll see you there! If not, best of luck!
    Awe Thank you! I'm super excited! Best of luck to you as well