Page 321 of 531 FirstFirst ... 221271296311318319320321322323324331346371421 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 7957

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin6592 View Post
    So, while your chances of becoming a face character are low through the CP, you're still allowed to audition to become one right?

Also, do you think working in the CP would help your chances in terms of auditioning after college? Or even just auditioning after the CP? I want to be a face so bad.
    When you audition for a CP entertainment role, you are going to pretty much a smorgasbord or auditions. They may pull you for face from the audition, you may get cast as a fur character, you may get put in a show (i.e. Hollywood Studios live attractions, possibly the Beauty and the Beast show, but I doubt that one because of the vocals) or you may not get cast at all. If you are casted in entertainment, you will get an email saying congratulations you're in entertainment but you won't know exactly what displine/character you got until you get down there. As for the CP helping you, I really think it would especially if you use your time down there to get to know the performers, supervisors, etc. If you bring a head shot and/or resume to the face auditions later, the casting directors might not recognize you perse, but if you had (possibly) built up some good friendships with CMs that lasted after the CP, they might be able to put in a good word for you.
    Sorry, I tried to do two quote boxes but failed miserably at it!
    KaitlynWDWCP- I'm applying/auditioning for this fall too! Maybe we'll see each other down there. Just so you know though the CP Entertainment auditions are completely separate from the regular face/fur character auditions (see above for a slightly better description of what I mean by this). If you want to try out for both CP and for a CM, just realize you'll have to attend two auditions. CP audtions will be posted on this site sometime in February: https://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sa...wcp/index.html

That all makes sense! Thanks for the info harpist!

No problem!

Last edited by SydneyDanae; 02-04-2011 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyDanae View Post
    hey guys i'm applying for the CP for fall semester at Disney World! again thank you for the tips and best of luck to everyone auditioning. oh and harpist1991 you mentioned that the cp auditions are a bunch thrown together, my question is it a very general audition? does everyone do the same thing and we all just wait for an email? or is it a dance then cut a look over then cut another dance or acting then cut?
    They do heights first, then you dance and do animation, then after that they look at you.
    Thats what everyone has told me and I applied for this fall as well!

I emailed the auditions web site and asked if the CP auditions were any different from the regular auditions and they said the process was the same.

thanks guys! i appreciate it

Sounds great! Maybe we'll see each other down there.
    I'm sorry I was a little vague about the auditions. I meant the outcome was more diverse, it's not just: you're a fur/face character or your not, there's more choices for them to choose from. At Disney World, a performer who is a face character also does fur and parades so unless you're auditioning for just parade dancer, the auditions are all going to be the same process. For the CP, they also add shows into the mix, or so I've heard. I talked to someone who's nephew was in the program and he double majored as a stage performer and attractions. He described the guy's costume as being a cross between Mardi Gras and traditional commedia dell'arte. I couldn't really place that in my mind (I'm thinking maybe Tiana's Showboat) but it definitely means that you might not necessarily do characters if you are cast in entertainment.
    If you have any questions about the process, you can ask them here or private message me! If I don't know the answer, I can usually find it out pretty quickly for you! Good luck to everyone!

Does anybody know if you are hired, do you pay for your own living expenses?

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfanatic21 View Post
    Does anybody know if you are hired, do you pay for your own living expenses?
    If you are hired for the Disney company, you will have to provide your own housing and transportation. It is like any other job that you would get.
    However, if you're talking about the college program, they do have housing and transportation on site. They take the costs for your housing out of your paycheck each week, so you do kind of still pay for your living expenses.
    Did that answer your question or am I completely off track?

Yep, you answered my question! Thanks! I guess that's the one thing that concerns me about auditioning, is that if I get hired, I'll have to find housing...I definitely wouldn't want to live by myself.

My dreams of being a face character was shot down when someone told me that they wouldn't like me because of my tattoo on my ribs (which you can't see) the only people I couldn't be was Ariel(mermaid form), Jasmine, and Fawn(fairy). Oh well I wish the best of luck to everyone that is auditioning, I hope your dreams come true!

Quote Originally Posted by disneylove0907 View Post
    My dreams of being a face character was shot down when someone told me that they wouldn't like me because of my tattoo on my ribs (which you can't see) the only people I couldn't be was Ariel(mermaid form), Jasmine, and Fawn(fairy). Oh well I wish the best of luck to everyone that is auditioning, I hope your dreams come true!
    Don't get down about it! Did you go audition? I suggest that you still do. I'm only guessing, but I really think that wouldn't matter (unless they would ONLY want to cast you as a character that does show their stomach). I really think you should still give it a try!
    Auditioning on February 3 in Disney World!!

Today's audition went animation first, then dance. I got past the first round and cut the second. That dance was faaast! Dang. I had fun, though. Did anyone else go?
    Everybody’s got a laughing place. Trouble is, most folks won’t take the time to go look for it. And where it is for one, it mightn’t be for another. ~ Splash Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by disneylove0907 View Post
    I would definitely say audition! Depending on your height, you may not even be in their height range. The website just says visible tattoos are not acceptable, if you're doing any other character besides those you'll be fine! Besides, that's only three characters out of tons that they offer! Don't let one person ruin your dreams.