Page 323 of 531 FirstFirst ... 223273298313320321322323324325326333348373423 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,845 of 7957

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by beckix.o.x View Post
    i was wondering, i have said this before but a long time ago,
    i would like to audition for DLP or WDW but on the audition site it does say that all face characters will perform as costumed characters.
    what if they really liked you for a face character but you had a slight case of claustrophobia, would you not be hired at all or could it just limit your chances?

any help is appreciated.
    I don't think Disneyland makes you do fur. Disney World does it because there are so many characters out and about every day that they can't physically hire that many people to portray all of the characters. I'm not sure if it would hurt or limit you from getting a job there. I would suggest sending them an email and ask about it. It might be that you'd have to get a doctor's note or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by beckix.o.x View Post
    i was wondering, i have said this before but a long time ago,
    i would like to audition for DLP or WDW but on the audition site it does say that all face characters will perform as costumed characters.
    what if they really liked you for a face character but you had a slight case of claustrophobia, would you not be hired at all or could it just limit your chances?

any help is appreciated.
    I'm just going by what they said at the DLP audition last Friday. Like WDW, you start out as a fuzzy. And actually, in DLP after fuzzy, you go to parade performer before moving on to face character. So all the parade performers are characters. The casting director said you had to be really comfortable in small spaces. One of the questions on the form we filled out asked us if we were claustrophobic.
    Everybody’s got a laughing place. Trouble is, most folks won’t take the time to go look for it. And where it is for one, it mightn’t be for another. ~ Splash Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyLocks View Post
    All I imagine is casting directors saying "lose 10 pounds!" or "your nose is too big!" (but something tells me Disney wouldn't do that...please tell me Disney wouldn't do that).
    They won't tell you to "lose 10 pounds" they might they you to tone up. They are looking for people who are healthy and in shape.
    Also, if anyone is worrying about freckles (as I saw mentioned before) they could always cover it up with makeup. You wouldn't believe what Cinderella looks like without her make-up

Anyways, I was just wondering about height for faeries...I'm 5 feet even, weigh 105 with muscle (I like to keep in shape) and I have curves, which I know may help for a TinkerBell look.
    How do you specify, without actually saying it it blatantly, that you want to be a faerie and not a princess? I'm afraid they'll cut me for my height before they give me a chance to show what I can do and how I can be a great TinkerBell!
    And how many of you know about the Disney College Alumni Program? And what you have to do to join?

I don't know how many of you can actually answer this, but all answers help!

Warning you now that the Alumni program doesn't offer character roles.

www.wdwcollegeprogram.com and click the alumni tab and then follow the directions.

• aliceindisneyland

Thankyou for the info, that helped
    (:

Quote Originally Posted by CTMickeyD View Post
    Anyways, I was just wondering about height for faeries...I'm 5 feet even, weigh 105 with muscle (I like to keep in shape) and I have curves, which I know may help for a TinkerBell look.
    How do you specify, without actually saying it it blatantly, that you want to be a faerie and not a princess? I'm afraid they'll cut me for my height before they give me a chance to show what I can do and how I can be a great TinkerBell!
    I don't think you need to worry about that. From what I've heard/read, you're too short to play a princess. I think they start at 5'3". Tinkerbell is the shortest of the fairies and I think she's 5'0" and under (the others go up to 5'2", except Vidia, who's taller). The only other parts they may consider you for is Alice/Wendy but,I don't know if you're auditioning for Disneyland or Disney World, but Disney World has been advertising that they're looking for fairies, so I would think that means they're good on Alice/Wendy combos. Does that all make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole220 View Post
    Today's audition went animation first, then dance. I got past the first round and cut the second. That dance was faaast! Dang. I had fun, though. Did anyone else go?
    I went too! I got past the first two cuts then got cut after they looked at us all up close. I had a friend who made it to the next round, then another friend who had an interview!

How long do yo need to stay when you go audition? I'm from Louisiana and I don't want to go all the way home only to find out that I needed to stay to find the results.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessAlex91 View Post
    How long do yo need to stay when you go audition? I'm from Louisiana and I don't want to go all the way home only to find out that I needed to stay to find the results.
    From what I've heard, if they decide to hire you they will let you know that day (or the next, if it stretches out to a two day audition). They then ask you when you can start and if you need time to move, they will probably give it to you.
    I have a rather odd question. Does anyone know if you become friends with one of the fairies if you may be friends with any other characters? Kind of like how if you're friends with Alice you'll probably be friends with Wendy?

Thanks! One more question. What should you wear? I mean I want to look cute but since we'll be dancing I know it needs to be something comfy too. So no jeans or anything right? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessAlex91 View Post
    Thanks! One more question. What should you wear? I mean I want to look cute but since we'll be dancing I know it needs to be something comfy too. So no jeans or anything right? Lol
    I would say wear something that you feel comfortable in but that also allows you to move in it. You may look great in a leotard and not much else, but if you don't feel comfortable with yourself in it that insecurity will translate to the judges. Bring dance shoes if you have them, otherwise tennis shoes would work. If your hair is long and gets in your face a lot, I would advise pulling it back.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I am going to be auditioning for Disney Cruise Lines on the 8th... first audition for Disney ever. I am doing a singing audition at 10 and then a character at 1:30. what should I expect?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

I'm auditioning on Thursday at Disney World (woohoo for a trip to Disney!! And I'm wondering if anybody has any last advice? I know that I should show up early, smile a ton, be energetic, wear comfortable clothes and shoes...anything else I should know?! I'm getting super nervous but SOOOO excited! It's so cheesy, but if I got the job, I would really be achieving one of my dreams.

Thanks everyone!

P.S. it's been great reading through this thread! I wish I had time for all 300+ pages.
    Auditioning on February 3 in Disney World!!

Thank you! I'd be going to WDW, so this is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin6592 View Post
    Warning you now that the Alumni program doesn't offer character roles.

www.wdwcollegeprogram.com and click the alumni tab and then follow the directions.
    Yes, I do know that, you just work in the parks. But thank you, it would be a start, you know?