Page 325 of 523 FirstFirst ... 225275315322323324325326327328335375425 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 7839

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

So here's a question. I'm auditioning in WDW next week and am staying on property. My plan is to ride the bus to Animal Kingdom. Once I get there what do I do? I know I go to the warehouse, but do I walk all the way around the outside of the park, meaning I need to allow plenty of time, or do I go through the park somehow (without buying a ticket, like a back entrance or something). I called the Entertainment number, but he seemed confused by my question...

• Characters are my friends

Quote Originally Posted by dancer418 View Post
    So here's a question. I'm auditioning in WDW next week and am staying on property. My plan is to ride the bus to Animal Kingdom. Once I get there what do I do? I know I go to the warehouse, but do I walk all the way around the outside of the park, meaning I need to allow plenty of time, or do I go through the park somehow (without buying a ticket, like a back entrance or something). I called the Entertainment number, but he seemed confused by my question...
    The audition isn't at the park, unfortunately. It's at the CM costuming building (and it's not really within walking distance). So you would somehow need to find a ride there
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

Quote Originally Posted by mavmaestre View Post
    So does anyone plan on going to the Soundsational Auditions? I'm debating about it right now. =/
    Oh heck yeah! I read this and immediately ran to the audition calendar website, because I hadn't heard about this except that you already had to be in Entertainment in order to audition - guess that was wrong!
    "Look there she goes, that girl is so peculiar...with a dreamy, far-off look, and her nose stuck in a book..." Yep, that would be me!

I tend to post in a thread and forget to check it ever again, or even worse, I kill it. Yay me.

The audition building is on the south side of Disney's property, outside of it's physical gates. There are a couple of hotels in the surrounding area and one actually looks like it might be within walking distance. But again, you would need to find a ride to the hotel. I would suggest you look on something like mapquest or googlemaps and find out the walking distance time from the nearest point that the bus can drop you off (like the nearest hotel or park), or if you can even just walk outside of the park.

Where are you staying? I stayed at the animal kingdom lodge, and then we took a taxi to the rehearsal facility. It only cost about $5 both ways, so well worth the taxi. Otherwise it would've been about a 2 mile walk. Like everyone else said, it's not actually at animal kingdom...it's at the animal kingdom rehearsal facility, so you won't have any issues getting in because it's obviously not a park, so you won't have to buy a park ticket!

If I were you, no matter where you are staying, I would probably take a taxi from your hotel straight to the animal kingdom rehearsal facility. It won't do you any good to go to the Animal Kingdom Park. Good luck, you'll have to update us once you are done!
    Auditioning on February 3 in Disney World!!

Disneyfanatic-I just noticed you said you auditioned on the 3rd. How did it go? You may very well have mentioned it earlier and I just forgot
    Dancer- Hopefully we were able to help you with your plans! The taxi is definitely a better option than walking! Let us know how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    Disneyfanatic-I just noticed you said you auditioned on the 3rd. How did it go? You may very well have mentioned it earlier and I just forgot
    Dancer- Hopefully we were able to help you with your plans! The taxi is definitely a better option than walking! Let us know how it goes!
    The audition was fun! I didn't get very far. They bypassed the "first round" of just looking at people and went straight to the dancing. There were over 100 people!! About 40-50 got callbacks, and at least 1/3 or 1/2 of the people that got called back were men. (they have it so much easier! ). One of the girls I talked to that made it on to the second round said that she was in the "pool" of names, so I don't know if anyone actually got hired on the day.

I was pretty bummed out, But that's ok! I might try again in a year-ish! =)
    Auditioning on February 3 in Disney World!!

Ew that's no fun. At least if you make it past the first "look over" round you get an ego boost that'll carry you through the dancing. And guys do seem to have it easier. Was it a parade audition? Because I know then they might forego the look overs for dance right away and they have been advertising that they were looking for guy dancers for awhile. The pool of names is slightly different from being hired, it just means they really liked you but didn't have a part ready at that moment. If one becomes available in the next six months or so, they'll call her, if not, she'll have to re-audition. And you should definitely re-audition! Never give up!

Hey everyone! I'm just joining MiceChat but I've been reading everything for a couple months now. I live in Orlando and havve been dying to audition for about a year now. Just needed to lose some weight. Almost there! Planning on trying out in April.

Just wanted to send out some info for all of you interested in trying out for WDW. My best friend/roommate actually went to yesterday's audition. WDW has two different auditions usually every other week. One week is Parade Performers/Face Characters while the other is just Face Characters. I plan on going to just the Face Character one and that's the one my friend went to yesterday.

My friend told me that they took the first group of 50 (she was #11) and lined them up in five lines of ten. The staff then told the first line to talk amongst themselves for a couple minutes. While they talked, they were looking at all their facial features: teeth, cheek bones, eye shape, everything. Then, they did that for the other four lines. Out of 50, they only called back two. Yes, two. LOL. She didn't make it unfortunately.

Couple things to share with everyone: The time that you decide to audition is a big deal. My friend told me she met a guy that had gone through the entire process down to them putting him into the costume and yesterday when he auditioned he didn't even make the first cut. Also, as unfortunate and as much as you want it, you sort of have to go in not expecting much. They literally chose two out of 50. I know, its hard. Trust me, I want this so badly and will be crushed if I don't get it, but just try to have that mindset as sucky as it is. Okay, last, the tactics they use to audition sometimes changes. I've heard that before they go up to each individual person and ask them to smile and now my friend told me a completely different new audition process yesterday. BE PREPARED FOR ANYTHING!

Okay so sorry for my book that I decided to write above lol. Hope it helped some. One question for any of you out there ... well, the ladies, lol ... anybody know if they consider boob size as a huge factor? I know, a little embarrassing to mention but I'm just worried that'll be the make it or break it for me. They're not huge, but I'm not an A cup either lol. Let me know what you think (: Take care! (I fall in princess range by the way)

Hi everyone! I just joined, but I've been reading different things on here for quite a while. I plan on auditioning for a face character as soon as I'm old enough I'm about 5'1 (maybe a little less) and I'm really hoping for Alice in Wonderland! Any audition advice? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by disneylove16 View Post
    One question for any of you out there ... well, the ladies, lol ... anybody know if they consider boob size as a huge factor? I know, a little embarrassing to mention but I'm just worried that'll be the make it or break it for me. They're not huge, but I'm not an A cup either lol. Let me know what you think (: Take care! (I fall in princess range by the way)
    I'm not entirely sure about this, but since you're in princess range I would think an A cup would be a bit small. I don't think that really matters, as long as you're not spilling out of your costume (or, if you bend over, giving the guests a view of your bellybutton!) it shouldn't matter too much. I've seen Alice/Wendys with large cup sizes and I've seen Belles that are at least a D cup. If you look at the princess' cartoons, they're not exactly flat chested so I think you'll be fine! I've heard the costumes go up to a size 12 (?). I'm not sure if that's fashion or pattern sizes though.

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    I'm not entirely sure about this, but since you're in princess range I would think an A cup would be a bit small. I don't think that really matters, as long as you're not spilling out of your costume (or, if you bend over, giving the guests a view of your bellybutton!) it shouldn't matter too much. I've seen Alice/Wendys with large cup sizes and I've seen Belles that are at least a D cup. If you look at the princess' cartoons, they're not exactly flat chested so I think you'll be fine! I've heard the costumes go up to a size 12 (?). I'm not sure if that's fashion or pattern sizes though.
    Thanks so much! Yeah I've heard that the costumes go up to a 10 before but who knows lol. And you never know, they may run small or big. Wish I knew =/

Fashion sizing is ridiculously small compared to pattern. I'm a size 2 fashion but a size 10 pattern (except for the bust area, I have to take that in) so you can kind of use that as a guide. It's really depressing when I go to buy patterns!
    Aliceswonderland- We're about the same height! Yay for short people! The best advice I could give is to be yourself. I'm not sure if you're looking for Disneyland or Disney World, but Disneyland specifies what movies they're looking for characters from so you can look for Alice. Disney World usually lists specific characters but I've never seen them advertise for anyone other than princesses, fairies, and the male counterparts. Don't be surprised if you don't get casted on your first audition, expect to go to several if you really want the job. Unfortunately, for our height ranges, face characters are very competitive as there is pretty much only Alice, Wendy, and Tinkerbell (if I remember correctly, the other fairies start at around 5'3"). The first two are usually best friends too so that limits the number of people needed. I haven't auditioned yet, but I plan to in March via the college program so I can't really give you too much inside information on how the audition process works, except for repeating what's already been said in the blog.

Hey girls, I've been reading this page and noticed concerns about dress sizing. I've been sized and costumed three times for face characters and thankfully, I could zip up my dress. However, the dresses run VERY small. I'm about a size 4-6 in regular dresses and could barely fit into their size 8. (One more potato chip and that thing would be done for.) The dresses are very structured in the bodice and if you aren't sure if you're a little heavy or busty for a princess, you might be; there's not much breathing room. I really hope you girls make it as far as I did both times because the whole audition process is really great and seeing yourself as a princess is so fun. My advice would be to try and get to around a size 2-4 and Disney's version of a 6-8 would probably fit you great. Sadly, I doubt I'll be auditioning again, but if you need advice let me know and I'll gladly help out.

Really though, go for it, no matter how far you make it...it's a great experience.
    In dreams you will lose your heartache...<3

• aliceindisneyland

the link works, thank you