Page 326 of 548 FirstFirst ... 226276301316323324325326327328329336351376426 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,890 of 8213
  1. #4876

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    11

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by MaryBrooke View Post
    Hey girls, I've been reading this page and noticed concerns about dress sizing. I've been sized and costumed three times for face characters and thankfully, I could zip up my dress. However, the dresses run VERY small. I'm about a size 4-6 in regular dresses and could barely fit into their size 8. (One more potato chip and that thing would be done for.) The dresses are very structured in the bodice and if you aren't sure if you're a little heavy or busty for a princess, you might be; there's not much breathing room. I really hope you girls make it as far as I did both times because the whole audition process is really great and seeing yourself as a princess is so fun. My advice would be to try and get to around a size 2-4 and Disney's version of a 6-8 would probably fit you great. Sadly, I doubt I'll be auditioning again, but if you need advice let me know and I'll gladly help out.
    This was awesome info! Thanks so much. Do you happen to know what sizes the dresses go up to? The princess ones that is? And did they end up just not hiring you in the end?

  2. #4877

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    11

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    @ MaryBrooke: Sorry one more! Were you auditioning at DL or WDW?

  3. #4878

    • Always Dreaming
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    359

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by MaryBrooke View Post
    Hey girls, I've been reading this page and noticed concerns about dress sizing. I've been sized and costumed three times for face characters and thankfully, I could zip up my dress. However, the dresses run VERY small. I'm about a size 4-6 in regular dresses and could barely fit into their size 8. (One more potato chip and that thing would be done for.) The dresses are very structured in the bodice and if you aren't sure if you're a little heavy or busty for a princess, you might be; there's not much breathing room. I really hope you girls make it as far as I did both times because the whole audition process is really great and seeing yourself as a princess is so fun. My advice would be to try and get to around a size 2-4 and Disney's version of a 6-8 would probably fit you great. Sadly, I doubt I'll be auditioning again, but if you need advice let me know and I'll gladly help out.

    Really though, go for it, no matter how far you make it...it's a great experience.
    Oh well, I'm screwed then. Even at my smallest I was lucky to be a size 6.
    http://aurorahermione.tumblr.com - costuming and random Disney stuff

  4. #4879

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    28

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    I've heard the dresses go up to a size 10 in Disney's sizes. So probably a regular size 8 would fit. (I have no idea if that's a fact, just what I've heard from my friends who are friends with princesses, they're all a little on the smaller side but not super skinny.) And yes, sadly, I went to two CP auditions and made it to the final round and I was fit for the same role. I didn't get either however. They said they didn't have a need for the character at the time. My third audition was just for Face Characters in a new role and I made it to the final round again. (It was even for the role I'd been wanting.) They called me a few days later and told me I wasn't a perfect fit for the role. Both were WDW auditions.

    I hope this helps....aurorahermione, like I said this is all hearsay and please don't let anything I say discourage you.
    In dreams you will lose your heartache...<3

  5. #4880

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    11

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Okay another question for anyone who knows ... MaryBrooke you may know since you have friends that are friends with princesses. What are their schedules like? How often do they get breaks and about how many hours do they put in on days that they work?

  6. #4881

    • Always Dreaming
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    359

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by MaryBrooke View Post
    I've heard the dresses go up to a size 10 in Disney's sizes. So probably a regular size 8 would fit. (I have no idea if that's a fact, just what I've heard from my friends who are friends with princesses, they're all a little on the smaller side but not super skinny.) And yes, sadly, I went to two CP auditions and made it to the final round and I was fit for the same role. I didn't get either however. They said they didn't have a need for the character at the time. My third audition was just for Face Characters in a new role and I made it to the final round again. (It was even for the role I'd been wanting.) They called me a few days later and told me I wasn't a perfect fit for the role. Both were WDW auditions.

    I hope this helps....aurorahermione, like I said this is all hearsay and please don't let anything I say discourage you.
    Meh, I suspected I was too fat to ever be a Princess, I always look twice as big as them when I take picture with them, and unfortunately I have pretty big boobs, bigger than most of the girls I see. I guess I'll just have to stick to making myself costumes.
    http://aurorahermione.tumblr.com - costuming and random Disney stuff

  7. #4882

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    458

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    beckix.o.x- Glad I was able to help! That picture makes me really happy because my teeth aren't quite that crooked but I thought it would be an automatic dealbreaker for me!
    I'm surprised the dress sizes are so small. I would have a hard time fitting into the dresses and I'm a very petite girl! MaryBrooke, if you really feel like you're a good fit for the role, don't give up! The fact that you were dressed so many times in the character they must really like you. It's just a matter of time before they hire you!

  8. #4883

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Pixie Hollow
    Posts
    10

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    i asked this previously, but no one responded.. any one going to the march 10th Face Character audition in WDW!?
    Believe. "Faith, Trust, Pixie Dust"

  9. #4884

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    458

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleTinker View Post
    i asked this previously, but no one responded.. any one going to the march 10th Face Character audition in WDW!?
    Sorry! I saw it and probably made a mental note to comment but just forgot! But no, I'm not going to that one. I am going to the Nashville CP auditions on the 26th though, so mine will be right in that general timeframe!

  10. #4885

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Pixie Hollow
    Posts
    10

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    thats awesome! good luck and keep us updatedd!
    Believe. "Faith, Trust, Pixie Dust"

  11. #4886

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    458

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    I will! And you must do the same!

  12. #4887

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    .
    Last edited by Disneyparent; 02-16-2011 at 09:51 PM.

  13. #4888

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    458

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    I have no idea! Did she get any papers or anything at the audtion? Three weeks, I would think, it right on the edge of being too long of a wait. I would suggest going onto the Disney auditions website (disneyauditions.com) and click on "audition experience", underneath the video link on the right of the main section there is a link to email them about audition questions. I couldn't find a phone number though. Even through the email, if they can't help answer your question exactly they may be able to direct you to someone who can.
    Hopefully this helps you!

  14. #4889

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Under the sea.
    Posts
    84

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Hey guys! I used to post some on this thread, but I've been invisible for awhile.

    But anyways! I'm auditioning for Face Characters on March 24th at WDW! Stephanie, or I believe her username on here is MarilynMonroe, is going, too!

    Can't wait!
    Dream a dream, a fantastical wish.

  15. #4890

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    11

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    I want to try out for a character look alike hopefully a princess and I am having a hard time understanding the type of auditions they have....

    march 5th(1st)parade performers and character look alikes

    and

    march 25th(2nd)college program and full time positions


    Is the second for college prgram only? or for 2 different things? the second one is way closer to me. I also noticed that the second one said cant attend if auditioned in the past 6 months and the the 1st one didnt.

    I have done a little acting and done martial arts for about 14 years so I am very coordinated and can memorize things well and I am not shy at all. I wonder if that would be enough to help me with the auditions. I have seen them perform and I feel it is something I could learn easily. Since the audtions are coming up in a few weeks I cant find any acting or dance classes for the added help before then.

    Are the people in these positions done dance and acting for a long time? Can someone like me who hasnt taken those specific classes have an opportunity? Please give me some feedback.


Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Anyone attending Hollywood auditions for Tokyo Disney face character/dancer?
    By lauranelson27 in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 03:48 AM
  2. Face Character auditions...AGAIN!
    By Raiderette4gnr in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 02:08 AM
  3. face character auditions!
    By pineapplewhipaddict in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 09:38 AM
  4. Disney Face Character Auditions
    By Rocker in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-25-2007, 07:53 AM
  5. Disney Face Character Auditions
    By broadwaybaby615 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 04:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •