Page 328 of 541 FirstFirst ... 228278303318325326327328329330331338353378428 ... LastLast
Results 4,906 to 4,920 of 8103

• Future Tinkerbell!

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Hey guys...most of you probably don't know me haha but I thought I'd drop in and say hi!

DisneyDarling- I might be going there next year! Maybe we will work at Disneyland together! (: Oh, and congrats!

Nous sommes tous fous ici
    What do ya wanna know? http://formspring.me/littleactress
    I be bloggin' Tumblr

First off, thanks for the info. I auditioned at WDW last week and ended up taking a cab there and got a ride back. There were 110 or so people. I made it through the first cut (which cut a lot of people, at least half or more, according to a girl's mom who came along with her daughter). There were at least 2 different groups. I was in a group that was 90% people with a lot of dance training. I was placed in the hiring pool and will maybe get a call in the next 6 months. My friend had the same thing happen a few years ago and did get called. I think they are waiting for all the auditions to be over in the next month or so before they start casting for summer and beyond to see what they have to choose from. The other group that passed was people of extreme height differences, girls with ethnic looks (for Tink's friends I assume), guys maybe for princes, and maybe a few other people. So I and most of the people in my group were around 5'4-5'6 and there just wasn't a lot for that height at the moment. I have no idea who was hired/how many spots/what positions. I had a ton of fun, met nice people, did my best, and feel fortunate that Disney at least liked me enough not to cut me immediately and keep me on file along with a tape of me dancing. Don't feel bad if you don't get hired on the spot or get tested as a face char. A lot of people start as fur and go from there, or so I've heard. Do your best and have fun! It's the funnest, most cheerful audition I've ever been to. There was a guy singing part of the audition song from "Chorus Line" which was hysterical. Hopefully I'll get a call in the summer, after school is done, but if I don't, I don't mind trying again. Sometimes it takes more than once...

Congratulations for making it that far! And that positive attitude will definitely get you far in life!

Thank you harpist1991 and littleactressann :-) I am super excited!!! And littleactressann, I totally hope to end up working with you some day in the near future! hahaha!
    * "Hey Mr. Crocodile! Do you like codfish?... Yo DOOO! hahahahahaha!"* <3

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDarling552 View Post
    AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I got accepted in to Cal State Fullerton next semester and it's only like 5 minutes away from Disneyland! I can not WAIT to go and audition!!!! It has been one of my dreams to work there for the loooonnngggeesssttt time! :-D Oh my gosh!!!! I am so beyond excited!!!! Sorry... I had to get my energy out. haha. I just can't believe this is happening! :-) Things are finally starting to go right for me! :-)
    Congrats. Good luck with parking. Hahaha. J/k CSUF is a nice campus.

And I decided that i'm going to go to the audition on the 6th. I've kind of been preparing for this for awhile now, so might as well do it.

I think my first post was deleted so if it wasn't forgive me for messing things up. But to make a long story short. I was planning on attending the March 5th audition, but was told by the gentleman on the call line that it is just for dancers and that they only do face character auditions as needed. The looks and acting is not a concern for me, but the dancing sure is. Does anyone know how I can get past the obstacle of dancing to get through this audition?

By the way hello everyone and glad to be apart of a nice friendly group!

Welcome to MiceChat! Even if you did happen to post twice, don't worry about it! It takes awhile to get used to things and if you had, that means you would have had twice the chance of getting a response!
    As for your question, I'm not so sure you can. Even if you were to get chosen as a character, they are casting for a parade so you would be required to dance in the parade if you were hired (unless you got one of the characters literally chained to the floats, but even they have some basic arm movements). From the audition website, it does say that the performers must have strong movement and dancing skills so I'm sure they're going to be looking for that first and foremost. Just smile a lot and really enlarge what moves you can so that they look at you and see what you can do. Don't worry so much about getting all of the choreography either, facial expressions are more important and if it comes down to it, just keep your arms moving. From a distance, people look at arms before they see your legs.
    But, I think you should still go. Worse case scenario you get cut in the first round but you'll learn how a parade audition works and see what type of dancing is required for them. If you want to, you can them take dance classes in that particular area to make you better prepared for the next audition because they required some type of dance/movement in all of their auditions, even face.
    Besides, you don't have any shot of being hired if you don't try out!

Quote Originally Posted by disneylove16 View Post
    Okay another question for anyone who knows ... MaryBrooke you may know since you have friends that are friends with princesses. What are their schedules like? How often do they get breaks and about how many hours do they put in on days that they work?
    From one of my friends who was there last Spring, Summer, and this past Fall... the princesses were VERY busy. 14 hour work days and sometimes 6 days a week. Staffing might have changed since she left and schedules could be different, but it didn't sound glamorous. They do get frequent breaks during the day when they're on the floor. If you're ready to work hard, go for it. Of course, if you're doing what you love, it's not really working at all. Good luck to all of you!

And minnieandsteph, there is dancing at the end of Face Character Auditions. You're required to do a "Poise and Movement" routine before they put you in costuming. (It's a lot of arm motions, and turning..almost like ballroom.) If you've had any dance experience it really isn't hard. They mainly look at the way you move and your enthusiasm. They want to know that you're able to be taught to move like them if you're cast.
    In dreams you will lose your heartache...<3

Harpist1991: Thank you very much for welcoming me to Micechat as well as for the honesty and the confidence building. I am still going to audition. I took ballet when I was little and although I am in my late 20's now I still remember some of it. I may not remember ever name to every move but if I saw it I would remember how to do it. I am just not that coordinated, which is why I decided to give up dancing because I had gotten to a point where my long legs became a problem where balance and accuracy were concerned. I just do not know first of all what kind of dancing they are looking for since I only took a week of tap after ballet (and totally gave up dancing after that) and have never taken a modern dance/jazz class. I do know how to slow dance and waltz, but again I have to work at anything remotely modern. I suspect my confidence is the problem not so much the inability to shuffle my feet. I think I will still audition like you said. I really want this so I need to get past my fear of messing up and people laughing at me.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryBrooke View Post
    And minnieandsteph, there is dancing at the end of Face Character Auditions. You're required to do a "Poise and Movement" routine before they put you in costuming. (It's a lot of arm motions, and turning..almost like ballroom.) If you've had any dance experience it really isn't hard. They mainly look at the way you move and your enthusiasm. They want to know that you're able to be taught to move like them if you're cast.
    Thanks that makes me feel a little bit better. I can handle ballroom dancing if that is all it consists of. I just can't handle the motown philly stuff that you see at those dance competitions where they are battiling it out to be the best dancer i.e. break dancing and modern dance. I can be taught I just need the proper training.

are disney character look alikes the same thing as face characters?

Apkick21: Good question! I forgot to ask that as well. I do not think so, but then again I am still green in the lingo myself! Thanks for asking that because I forgot to ask it myself!

I have always defined character look-a-likes and face characters as the same thing. I have never seen them hold auditions specifically for face characters, it's always been described as character look-a-like. Atmosphere characters are the "Audition" term for fur or fuzzy characters.
    Minnieandsteph- I started off in ballet too! I took ballet starting when I was four and took my last class in fifth grade. I am not flexible so it was not a good dance choice for me! I would think that having the ballroom dance experience would help, especially for a princess character in a parade because they do a lot of ballroom dance. Ballroom and ballet are both very graceful dances so having a little bit of experience in those two dance forms would probably get you further than years in something like hip-hop and breakdancing!

Any dance training (even if it's been awhile) is better than no dance training at all. You'll see all levels at Disney auditions, from people who have obviously never danced before to people who are professionals. The people they take also varies, as I've seen them cut someone who was a professional dancer, and take someone who messed up the routine a lot. It really just depends on your enthusiasm and your look.

For the March 5th audition, they'll likely take people back in groups of 50-60 or so, and teach them the dance. Then, you'll do it a few times in front of the mirror to make sure everyone has it as well as they can, and then you go across the floor 2 by 2, and that's when they make cuts.
    "Look there she goes, that girl is so peculiar...with a dreamy, far-off look, and her nose stuck in a book..." Yep, that would be me!

I tend to post in a thread and forget to check it ever again, or even worse, I kill it. Yay me.

Last edited by sg0714; 06-03-2011 at 01:35 PM.