Page 330 of 541 FirstFirst ... 230280305320327328329330331332333340355380430 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 8103

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by nicolefromflorida View Post
    I will be at the March 31st audition in Orlando, Florida!
    Wow on the 31st? That is awesome! I will pray that you get selected as one of the princesses/or character that you want to be! Please keep in touch and let me know how things go! I hear that they have a lot more opportunities in Flordia than here in CA!

Talking Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Only three and a half more weeks or so until my audition! Yayyyy

Just for an fyi, I'm 5'3"-ish, auburn hair! My picture is old & doesnt show me very well.

But I'm sooo excited!
    Dream a dream, a fantastical wish.

one week till WDW and 9 days till my auditionnnnnnnnnn!!!
    Believe. "Faith, Trust, Pixie Dust"

Goodluck at all of your auditions!
    Last edited by Maureen7; 12-16-2011 at 04:56 AM.

Parade audition is getting closer. I get anxious and nervous every time I think about it. Hahaha. Think I would be used to it by now. NOPE

If I don't get to say this before your auditions actually come, break a leg! I've still got a few weeks before mine too.

Hello all. I've been a lurker of this thread for a few weeks now and finally decided to join. I'll be attending this weekends soundsational auditions and I was wondering if any of you could answer a few questions about it.

How early should someone arrive? The audition starts at 10am, is 9 or 9:30 alright? Earlier?

Is there anything I should bring with me to fill out the application? Social security number, list of references, resume?

What is normally worn to a parade audition? Is a plain Tshirt alright or should it be something more dressy?

Shoes... Are sneakers like Vans or Converse ok? Or should they be more athletic, like nike?

If all goes well and I get through, should I bring an extra, more formal, set of clothing for an interview after the audition?

Sorry for so many questions. I guess I'm a bit nervous. Thanks and good luck to anyone else auditioning this weekend.

Arg. So I had this long post typed out, and I clicked the wrong button to post it. So I have to start all over again. -____- Haha but anywayyyyy I'll go ahead and answer your questions. =)

1. How early should someone arrive? The audition starts at 10am, is 9 or 9:30 alright? Earlier?

I'm expecting there to be a huge turnout this weekend, so I would suggest probably a bit earlier. Maybe 8 or 8:30 ish. The closer it gets to 10:00, the longer the line to audition will get, and trust. Those lines get long. Haha. Getting there early just means that you'll be one of the first few groups to go in and audition. Getting there at 9:30 or 10 doesn't make your chances slimmer. It's just means that you'll be waiting around outside for a bit longer.

2. Is there anything I should bring with me to fill out the application? Social security number, list of references, resume?

If you've had previous dance experience you can go ahead and bring a dance resume printed on the back of a headshot. This is not required though. If things go the way I think they will and you happen to make it past the first round, you'll be asked to fill out a simple application with basic info (i.e. name, address, age, availability, etc.)

3. What is normally worn to a parade audition? Is a plain Tshirt alright or should it be something more dressy?

For parade auditions you want to wear something that you'll be able to move around freely in. You don't want anything dressy because you will be sweating during the audition, and i'm pretty sure you do not want to get sweat all over your dressy clothes. I would suggest sweats or basketball shorts. Jeans are fine as well, but again, you want to be able to more around, and jeans are a little restricting in regards to movement. I'm going to be wearing sweats, a plain shirt and a sweater. So whatever you feel more comfortable in.

4. Shoes... Are sneakers like Vans or Converse ok? Or should they be more athletic, like nike?

Just like with the clothing, you want to be able to move around a lot in your shoes. Converse and vans are ok, but make sure that there are laces (for the vans at least) I know people that are fine with dancing in those kinds of shoes. I'll be wearing Cr8tive Recreation shoes to the audition because I know I can dance fine in them. As long as they're comfortable and you can move pretty well, they should be fine. If you happen to have jazz or ballet shoes, those should be fine as well.

5. If all goes well and I get through, should I bring an extra, more formal, set of clothing for an interview after the audition?

This one i'm not too sure about. If they do ask for an interview after the audition, they will probably just have you go straight to the interview in what you're wearing. This is pretty much to save time since i'm pretty sure the audition process will be kind of long. If anything, they might just have you go to the TDA building after the audition (if you make it though) and have you fill out the online application and then plan a separate day for the interview.

Another suggestion I have for the audition is to make sure you bring a bag with you with water and some snacks. Just like any other event that requires physical activity, you want to stay well hydrated and depending on how long the audition is, you may get hungry, so a small snack like granola bars and what not should be able to tide you over during the audition.

Since it will most likely be cold in the morning, bring a sweater to stay warm. You don't want to be standing around in the cold. haha. And while you're waiting, probably stretch out a bit because once you go in, you're gonna be learning the choreo right away.

Lastly, just relax and have fun with it. The judges want to see that you can have fun and that you have energy. If you mess up, that's ok. It's not the end of the world. Just keep going. It's better to mess up and keep going instead of messing up and just stopping. As long as you give it your all. If you don't happen to make it, it's fine. There will be more auditions in the future, promise. Just use what you learned from this audition and apply it to the next one. These are all learning experiences after all. =)

If you have any more questions, go ahead and ask. I, as well as everyone else here, will have no problem answering them for you. =) Good luck this weekend!
    Last edited by mavmaestre; 03-04-2011 at 01:34 AM.

wow Thank you Mavmaestre. So detailed and informative. Just one more question out of curiosity. Are the female auditions any different than the male auditions in terms of choreography?

Just to add/reiterate what mavmaestre has said.

1. Arrival time - when I would be coming up from San Diego, I would usually shoot for getting in line at 9, and would sometimes get there as early as 8:30, sometimes closer to 9. I was usually in the first or second group to go in, so it really does depend on how long you want to wait outside. I'm shooting for around 9, mostly because I don't want to wake up all that early, haha.

2. I've never made it past the first round, so I don't know about anything past that, but I've never needed a resume/headshot at these bigger auditions. Even when the audition info has said to bring one, a lot of times they never ask for it (maybe they do in later rounds, I don't know, sadly).

3/4. Clothing/shoes

Since this is a dance audition, you don't want to wear jeans, unless that is the only thing you have, because you do want to move freely, and also it shows that you might have more than a little dance talent. If you have any dance shoes (probably not heels, though), you'll want to wear those. If you don't have any dance shoes, some go barefoot, or wear shoes that have good flexibility to them. I'm going to wear black dance pants and a plain colored shirt with jazz shoes.

5. Interview clothing

I would agree with mavmaestre. They know you've been dancing all day, so I don't think they would berate you for not looking nice.

Definitely bring water and snacks! Sometimes I'm too nervous to eat, and I get done with the audition and bam! I'm starving. Your snacks will save you, haha.

Perhaps I'll see you tomorrow! If not, break a leg!
    "Look there she goes, that girl is so peculiar...with a dreamy, far-off look, and her nose stuck in a book..." Yep, that would be me!

I tend to post in a thread and forget to check it ever again, or even worse, I kill it. Yay me.

Quote Originally Posted by nadia918 View Post
    wow Thank you Mavmaestre. So detailed and informative. Just one more question out of curiosity. Are the female auditions any different than the male auditions in terms of choreography?
    I'm not too sure. I've only been to two auditions where there were both guys and girls. During one of the auditions the choreography was the same, except the girls had to dance for an additional one to two 8-counts.

Hi there. Nice to meet you all. I've been reading these in order to prepare for the character look alikes/ character hosts auditions coming up next weekend, and its been really helpful so I decided to join in. I did the WDWCP (Fall Advantage 2010) for Westside Merchandise in Downtown Disney, so if anyone has any questions i'll try to answer them. Nice to meet you all!

I wonder how the auditions went forever one? I've been scanning twitter, and apparently a lot of people showed up today. Apparently people were waiting outside of TDA for like 3-4 hours.

Ugh, the wait was horrible! Someone mentioned 700 girls...I'm not too sure about that, but I can never guess how many people are in a crowd. I got there 9, 9:15ish, and the line was already close to the end of the parking lot. Normally when I've gotten there an hour before, I'm much closer to the front. The line ended up winding about 5 or 6 times. It was soooo hot, as there is little shade out there.

They started late, around 10:45 the first group went in, but apparently there was an email list that went out and if you got an email, you got to go in first. No idea how some people managed that! The first 2 groups finally went in around maybe 11:30. Normally, the lines have moved pretty fast, but after the initial move, we waited about an hour. I don't know what time we went in, probably after 12:30, but I didn't finish until about 2:15.

The dance was really easy, and I totally had it until it was my turn to go 2 across with the directors watching. Got off on the counts slightly and totally lost it on the most important part of the dance. I knew I probably wouldn't get picked anyway, but the fact that I didn't do my best really irked me.
    "Look there she goes, that girl is so peculiar...with a dreamy, far-off look, and her nose stuck in a book..." Yep, that would be me!

I tend to post in a thread and forget to check it ever again, or even worse, I kill it. Yay me.

• Always Dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by KBelle5 View Post
    Ugh, the wait was horrible! Someone mentioned 700 girls...I'm not too sure about that, but I can never guess how many people are in a crowd. I got there 9, 9:15ish, and the line was already close to the end of the parking lot. Normally when I've gotten there an hour before, I'm much closer to the front. The line ended up winding about 5 or 6 times. It was soooo hot, as there is little shade out there.

They started late, around 10:45 the first group went in, but apparently there was an email list that went out and if you got an email, you got to go in first. No idea how some people managed that! The first 2 groups finally went in around maybe 11:30. Normally, the lines have moved pretty fast, but after the initial move, we waited about an hour. I don't know what time we went in, probably after 12:30, but I didn't finish until about 2:15.

The dance was really easy, and I totally had it until it was my turn to go 2 across with the directors watching. Got off on the counts slightly and totally lost it on the most important part of the dance. I knew I probably wouldn't get picked anyway, but the fact that I didn't do my best really irked me.
    The first group was probably in house, as in those who already work there or have worked there in the past. They usually go first.
    http://aurorahermione.tumblr.com - costuming and random Disney stuff