Page 331 of 535 FirstFirst ... 231281306321328329330331332333334341356381431 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 8019

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Yeah, normally they do let CMs go in early, although there were a lot of them in the line. Some of the girls who received the email were wearing the guest stickers they give you, so it wasn't all CMs going first. Even when they do get to go in earlier, it doesn't take that much time to get everyone else in. I've been to 5 or 6 auditions at TDA, and it's never been that long of a wait, maybe an hour to hour and a half after the first group has gone in.
    "Look there she goes, that girl is so peculiar...with a dreamy, far-off look, and her nose stuck in a book..." Yep, that would be me!

I tend to post in a thread and forget to check it ever again, or even worse, I kill it. Yay me.

Oh man. That sounds insane. I've been to 7 auditions, and none of them have been like that. Hopefully it goes smooth tomorrow. And I guess i'm going to be wearing shorts and bringing sun block with me as well. o.<

Ooh that sounds awful! I would think that by the time you got into the building, you were probably so hot and drained from the sun exposure that that is why you couldn't do the dance properly. Especially since you said it was so easy. I would blame this audition on the heat exposure and take comfort in knowing that you would have been able to do the dance had you not been so dizzy and lightheaded from standing outside!
    All of your experiences are helping me a lot too. I have my character auditions just under two weeks from today for the CP!
    Congratulations to all who made it in today and for those who were overlooked this time, there will always be another audition soon. Don't ever give up!

• "CA - CA! RAWRRR!"

Anyone going next Sunday to the Character Host Auditions?

Whomp. Didn't get it this time around. Soundsational is gonna be a really really good parade though.

And I want to go to the auditions next week, but I'm gonna be gone on a leadership retreat, unless I can somehow get out of it early and go to character host auditions.

Does anyone have an idea of what the "Character Host" auditions would look like?

been to 2 character host auditions, the first one, they put us all in a conference room, took us out 5 at a time, and asked "why would you make a good character host?" The second one, there were much more people, so they did it like the typical face character auditions; we stood in 10 lines, were asked to say our name, and something interesting about ourselves. Then they cut people from that. Don't know what happens after that, but they cut a good 75% from just that.

• The Pirate Girl

I tried looking back and didn't see anything in regards to this.
    But there are two auditions this weekend. One for Character Performers and one for Character Hosts. What exactly is the difference? Is one more for parades, and the hosts those around the park?
    Clarification on this would be much appreciated <3.
    For certain you must be lost to find the places that can't be found. Elseways, everyone would know where it was.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalSkye View Post
    I tried looking back and didn't see anything in regards to this.
    But there are two auditions this weekend. One for Character Performers and one for Character Hosts. What exactly is the difference? Is one more for parades, and the hosts those around the park?
    Clarification on this would be much appreciated <3.
    The character performer auditions are for the actual characters. I may be wrong about this, but I think it's for fur/fuzzy characters only. The character host auditions are for the attendants that walk around with the characters and, if they're fur/fuzzy characters, talk for them, keep the lines orderly, etc.

• Characters are my friends

That is correct
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

The auditions here go so differently than the ones in Florida. My friend in casting said they had over 750 people show up for auditions over the weekend.
    Last edited by Maureen7; 12-16-2011 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maureen7 View Post
    The auditions here go so differently than the ones in Florida. My friend in casting said they had over 750 people show up for auditions over the weekend. When I got casted usually the auditions were only up to 3 or 400. Make sure you all keep going to the auditions! That shows your interested and they take that into consideration! I went to 3 in FL before finally getting casted! Never give up guys!
    You got hired by WDW to be a character?? I'm going in about 7 weeks and I'm so excited/nervous. I've never wanted anything so badly haha. Can you tell us anything about the experience?

• Banned User

Hey there - I've been coming on here for a while in order to not ask the same question twice, but unfortunately I can't find anything related to my question. Specifically for the Face Character auditions, but really for any of the Parade Performer/Dancers for WDW or the cruise line does anyone know how chest size plays into if you get cut or not? It wouldn't be that big of a difference if I was taller I think, but I'm 5 1/2, have a small waist, and a D sized chest. I've been dancing for forever so I have an athletic build, but because I look pretty youthful (I don't know if I have the "Alice look" but something similar to that, I'm worried that that is what is going to hurt my chances to be anything at DW. I'm trying to decide what to wear for the dance auditions and whether I should try and bind them or not - I've had to do it for a show before. Has anyone done something similar or know of a Disney cast member who has that kind of build? Thank you!

I'm going to both Satuday's and Sunday's Auditions so Hope to see some of you there!

Quote Originally Posted by PearlGirl View Post
    Hey there - I've been coming on here for a while in order to not ask the same question twice, but unfortunately I can't find anything related to my question. Specifically for the Face Character auditions, but really for any of the Parade Performer/Dancers for WDW or the cruise line does anyone know how chest size plays into if you get cut or not? It wouldn't be that big of a difference if I was taller I think, but I'm 5 1/2, have a small waist, and a D sized chest. I've been dancing for forever so I have an athletic build, but because I look pretty youthful (I don't know if I have the "Alice look" but something similar to that, I'm worried that that is what is going to hurt my chances to be anything at DW. I'm trying to decide what to wear for the dance auditions and whether I should try and bind them or not - I've had to do it for a show before. Has anyone done something similar or know of a Disney cast member who has that kind of build? Thank you!
    I would say to not bind them because if you do get hired, you won't want to bind them every day you work. I have seen some Alice/Wendy combos that have bigger chests so I don't think it should be too much of an issue, as long as you still fit in the dress. Granted, I'm not a good person to try to judge chest sizes because I'm at the other end of the scale (same height as you but an A sized chest!).
    Maureen7- Congratulations on getting through! I would suggest that you take your picture down (if it's fairly current) if you got face because of all the rules against sharing information. We want you to keep your job!
    IridessaChan and disneylove16-Break a leg on your auditions! Hopefully you'll get through!