Page 332 of 547 FirstFirst ... 232282307322329330331332333334335342357382432 ... LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 8193

• Banned User

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Thank you so much for your input harpist! When I audition in a few weeks I'll let y'all know how it goes!

You're welcome! Hope you do well! When's your audition date?

Quote Originally Posted by SteamboatAlodie View Post
    Anyone going next Sunday to the Character Host Auditions?
    I am! I'm going to character performer auditions and if I don't get that I will go to host auditions the next day!

Hey everyone! I am going to character performer auditions on Saturday! I am really excited! Does anyone have any tips?

Wear comfortable clothes that you can dance in (wouldn't reccommend a dress and heels) but that also show off your figure. Try to avoid logos and pictures. I'd suggest solid color yoga/dance pants with a solid tee. Keep your hair pulled back and out of your face, trust me, it hurts when you're spinning and it whips around and hits you in the eyes! And above all else, continue smiling and remember that there will always be another chance if this one doesn't work out. And I really can't stress the smiling enough!

anyone been to a character host audition? this one is my first time so i'm figuring i'll dress like a normal interview.

PS: If your there on Saturday and see a spacey black girl in Olive green dance pants, wave hi!

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    Wear comfortable clothes that you can dance in (wouldn't reccommend a dress and heels) but that also show off your figure. Try to avoid logos and pictures. I'd suggest solid color yoga/dance pants with a solid tee. Keep your hair pulled back and out of your face, trust me, it hurts when you're spinning and it whips around and hits you in the eyes! And above all else, continue smiling and remember that there will always be another chance if this one doesn't work out. And I really can't stress the smiling enough!
    Thanks! Would it be totally lame to wear a mickey and minnie shirt?

I don't know. I think I read somewhere they prefer you don't wear their character shirts because it'd seem like you're suggesting a character to them. They really don't want you to emulate any character through what you're wearing or how you do your hair. I would advise against it, especially if you're anywhere near their height range!

I'm dying to hear about the auditions today! I was planning on going, but I couldn't at the last minute. Let us know how it went (though hopefully all of you who went are still at the audition . )

Hi! i've read a lot of this discussion and it seems like a lot of the information is coming from a disney land perspective...would a disney world audition be different? are they a little less strict on what they're looking for than disney land? I'm 5'1" and 100 pounds so i only really meet the requirements of a fairy, but they have such little round faces and little features! i'm a little nervous auditioning with my long face and big nose

Quote Originally Posted by ROBINJ003 View Post
    Hi! i've read a lot of this discussion and it seems like a lot of the information is coming from a disney land perspective...would a disney world audition be different? are they a little less strict on what they're looking for than disney land? I'm 5'1" and 100 pounds so i only really meet the requirements of a fairy, but they have such little round faces and little features! i'm a little nervous auditioning with my long face and big nose
    At 5'1", you're actually in a lot more characters' range. You're also in Alice and Wendy. From what I can tell from everything I've heard, Disney World is more lienant on their characters only because they haveso many roles in the park to fill. Disneyland, you maybe need only three friends of a princess working on any given day (one in Disneyland, one in DCA, and one for parades). Disney World, there are princesses in pretty much every park, plus parades. With that being said, Disney World also holds auditions almost every week, so they have more time to find the perfect person to fit each role. All in all, it really depends on the casting director at that particular audition. I know I sound like I'm contradicting myself and going around in circles (it's after midnight here!) so please take everything I say with a grain of salt! I would say reguardless, if you can afford it, attend an audition! The worst that can happen is you're cut after the first round, but you'll then take with you the experience of the audition and you'll get your face seen by the casting directors.

thank you! that information helped i'll definitely be going to one- i live in orlando so i guess i don't have any excuse not to! Just a little nervous..

Haha lucky! And yes, you definitely have no excuse then for not going to at least one. Have you seen their auditions website? They post pretty detailed descriptions of which characters they are looking for and I know they are still looking for Tinkerbells!

yeah! i'm on it like all the time haha. all the ones i've seen have said they're looking for the main princesses and princes and then any of the fairies. i haven't seen any for the other characters like alice and wendy. but the only requirements they list are the heights.

ALSO...if anyone is still even checking this thread (it looks like i'm a little late!) i'm completely open to any opinions or suggestions! I've been doing musical performances my whole life so i'm used to constructive criticism ;-) my audition is the 24th and i'd really like to get some feedback or even just talk to someone who is knowledgeable on disney before then! Thanks!