Page 333 of 547 FirstFirst ... 233283308323330331332333334335336343358383433 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,995 of 8204

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

I'm going to college program auditions next Thursday! is anyone else? I got cut at height for character performer and can't wait till Thursday! I'm really hoping!!

ALSO....I have braces on right now..I get them off in a few weeks...Does anybody know how bad that will be for face characers if I have braces?

i would just let them know that you're getting them off soon otherwise i would say yeah it will make a difference. are you going for disney land or world? also, do you know if the college program auditions any different than the regular face character auditions?

Disney World is the only one that offers character entertainment auditions in their college program. From what I can tell (from talking the the college program recruiters and people on here) that the college program auditions are slightly different from the regular face, fur, or parade auditions. In face or fur, the first cut is based off of heights. After that, it goes to a look over cut (face) or an animation round (fur). Then both go to dance/movement (the rounds may be in different orders, I just put them in this particular order for organisational purposes). At parade, first cut is based on dance and unless you're looking for fur/face, chances are your height won't play too much of a factor. At the CP auditions, they are looking at you for fur, parade, face, and shows so the auditions will include aspects of all of those. They measure your height, have you do an animation exercise, and then a movement/dance routine. If they like you for face, they might pull you and have you wigged (full costume if they really like you!) although you might not know what they are looking at you for because I've heard of some new technique they're implementing called virtual wigging (they use a computer to "put" the wigs on your face and see how you look). Be forewarned though, if you are casted for anything it will probably be fur. You have a better chance for face/parade/show only in those other auditions. Sorry for the long post, but hopefully your question is answered!

It definitely is! And I figured out that I am going to regular full time employee auditions at the college auditions. It's for WDW. And I don't care what I get! I would love to be fur but my height is 5'7 and 1/2...I know there are a lot in my range but not as much as people 4'8 to 5'2... SO I can only hope they are desperately in need! I would totally take face but I have braces on for a few more weeks.

If it makes you feel any better I need braces! At 5'7", you're getting up into villains height and they would be a ton of fun to play (I would think!). I think if you just let them know that the braces are coming off in a couple of weeks it shouldn't affect you too terribly much because that is your training time and you'll porbably have them off by the time you enter the park as a character. Disney World requires you to be a fur character, even if you are face, so they might cast you as a fur and you have to re-audition later for face.

Alright. I don't know how satuday went since I was cut before we even went inside (darn you 5'6"), but I made it to the final cut for sunday, so i will say how that went. For the character host auditions, 232 people came. First they split us up into groups of about 40-50. Than, they had us line up in a rehersal hall in about 5 lines of 10. From there, they went one line at a time and had everyone introduce themselves, say something interesting, and say why they wanted to be a character host, from there they chose about 2 or 3 people from each line. Then you filled out some info on a card and got a number. At this point it went down to about 70 people. From here they would call you in by groups of ten and then split up into smaller groups of five. From here they asked a question like an experience you had or something from your paper. From here they cut to 11 people. Then we were split into one group of 6 and one group of 5. This was when we got asked the questions that everyone has heard about (why tigger has a zipper and stuff like that) then they cut to 8 (i didn't get it=_=)...but yeah..thats a character host audition.

Best of luck to everyone auditioning tomorrow! Break a leg and tell us how it goes!

Anyone go to WDW face character auditions today?? How did it go??

No sorry I'm going to Saturday's!

it was rough! there were about 130 of us and all they did was line us up, look at us for about 10 minutes, and only picked one guy and one girl to stay. and there were a lot of people there that i thought looked EXACTLY like some of the princesses. guess they're looking for something really specific....

Just wanted to say that Saturday's auditions for the CP and full-time roles went pretty well. They didn't cut anybody so I'm not really sure how far I made it since everyone made it to my round! There was just over a hundred people there. Hopefully it went well and I'll let you all know once I find something out!

Congrats to everyone who went to the auditions and I wish you all the best of luck. Crossing my fingers for you harpist ^ and hope you hear back soon(:

Quick question ... I heard from someone that the princess dresses FC wear are actually two pieces ... like a separate top and skirt bottom. Is this true? I would assume if it is that the skirt has to go pretty high up to your waist so that your skin never shows? ...

Thanks!
    As for the dresses, I would think that they would be two separate pieces just so that they are easier to get into and out of. I think it might actually depend on the princess too. I made a Civil War ballgown, much like Belle's and it is in two pieces. I would guess that all of the dress-wearing traditional princesses have a two-piece dress (i.e. Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Tiana, and Rapunzel; Jasmine wears a pants, Pocahontas would be a one-piece, and I don't consider Mulan a princess because she is a commoner who marries a general). With a two piece dress, the princess doesn't have to have a standard dress size. If she has a 35" bust and a 30" waist, she wouldn't fit on a typical pattern but with two pieces you can give her the bodice with the 35" bust and the skirt with a 30" waist. Also, if a kid comes along and spills their Mickey ice cream all over the skirt, it's easier to change into a new skirt than trying to track down a whole new dress. As for keeping the skin from showing, I think each dress has different adaptations for that. Aurora's dress has the long points off of the bodice that would hide the waistband easily. Tiana's has leaves hanging off of it to hide the waistband. Cinderella has the two side swoops that help to hide it, but I would think she would also have some hooks and eyes (which is what my ballgown has). Snow White, Ariel, Belle, and Rapunzel would probably have hooks and eyes around the top/bottom of the skirt/bodice that are alternating (i.e. on the bottom of the bodice, it would have a hook and then an eye all the way around) so that no matter how you moved the two pieces would stay together and move as a single dress. Does that make sense? I know I rambled!

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    Thanks!
    As for the dresses, I would think that they would be two separate pieces just so that they are easier to get into and out of. I think it might actually depend on the princess too. I made a Civil War ballgown, much like Belle's and it is in two pieces. I would guess that all of the dress-wearing traditional princesses have a two-piece dress (i.e. Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Tiana, and Rapunzel; Jasmine wears a pants, Pocahontas would be a one-piece, and I don't consider Mulan a princess because she is a commoner who marries a general). With a two piece dress, the princess doesn't have to have a standard dress size. If she has a 35" bust and a 30" waist, she wouldn't fit on a typical pattern but with two pieces you can give her the bodice with the 35" bust and the skirt with a 30" waist. Also, if a kid comes along and spills their Mickey ice cream all over the skirt, it's easier to change into a new skirt than trying to track down a whole new dress. As for keeping the skin from showing, I think each dress has different adaptations for that. Aurora's dress has the long points off of the bodice that would hide the waistband easily. Tiana's has leaves hanging off of it to hide the waistband. Cinderella has the two side swoops that help to hide it, but I would think she would also have some hooks and eyes (which is what my ballgown has). Snow White, Ariel, Belle, and Rapunzel would probably have hooks and eyes around the top/bottom of the skirt/bodice that are alternating (i.e. on the bottom of the bodice, it would have a hook and then an eye all the way around) so that no matter how you moved the two pieces would stay together and move as a single dress. Does that make sense? I know I rambled!
    No totally fine! You did great I like long messages ... more info(: But yeah that definitely makes sense with the hooks and stuff like that. Thanks for your input!