Page 334 of 534 FirstFirst ... 234284309324331332333334335336337344359384434 ... LastLast
Results 4,996 to 5,010 of 7999

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

No problem!

Robin, I think we were at the same audition! Was yours on Thursday the 24th at AK Rehearsal Facility?

I was super bummed about all the cuts. I just wanted to have a chance to at least show something I can do. I know it doesnt work like that though!
    Dream a dream, a fantastical wish.

• Future Princess

Anyone know how intense any vocal auditions for show characters are? I'd love to do something like that if I minor in theatre in college or something..

Last edited by SierraBanana; 04-11-2011 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SierraBanana View Post
    Hi,

I am new to mice chat but was wondering if any of you could help answer my question since you seem to know a lot about the auditions! Yesterday I went to an open audition in Orlando for Character Performers, they said they were looking for parade performers, face characters and general characters. There were about 100 people there. We did a movement routine and then they cut about half of the people. Of the 50 of us that were left, 11 of us went straight on to do an animation improv, while the majority went on to learn a more difficult dance routine and then do the animation part.

They broke the 11 of us into 2 groups to animate in front of the casting directors. After the 5 people in my group were finished, they looked at all of us for a minute and then told us we had all passed the audition. They said if they had a spot to be filled they would contact us and let us know. Then they called my name and one other girl's name, and they took the two of us to cosmetology. They put me in the makeup, wig, and dress for Tinkerbell and had me go back out and read a few lines for the casting directors as Tinker Bell while they videotaped it. Then they just thanked me and told me that if it was a match, they would be in touch.

Normally I would assume if they didn't give me a direct answer at that point, it's really a no. But then again, they also told all of us after the animation exercised that we passed it, rather than doing more cuts and immediately hiring the ones who passed. So, should I be concerned that I didn't get an answer? How long should it take for me to get a phone call if they liked me?
    First, congratulation on making it that far! Thats amazing and I'm sure putting the costume, hair, and make up was amazing! Wow I envy you haha.

As far as I know, another blogger had said that the videotapping part is for the people at Disneyland California. Apparently (I'm not 100% sure) people at DLR have to approve of it before they hire you. Depending on how long that takes, probably a couple weeks I would imagine, then you'll probably hear back. I'd give it at least a week though before you hear something. I don't know much else but good luck and congratulations again (:

I know that in Disney World, all face characters also work as fur (full bodied) characters. When they said you passed the audition, they may have meant that you got a new furry friend but since they didn't say anything directly to you after you auditioned for Tink, I would assume that would mean that they are going to have to review your footage with other casting directors before making that decision. I'm not sure about having to check with DLR, but I would definitely think that they would have to get a majority vote from all of the casting directors. However, I hate to do this to you!, but I did miss something initially. You mentioned that if a spot becomes available they would let you know? Chance are that means you were actually put in what we call a "character pool" and that means you'll be in there for no more than six months (the time you have to wait before your next audition). If a character in your height range needs a new "friend", they will call you. If not, you'll have to re-audition in six months to be put back in the pool. On a good note though, if they tried you for Tink, I will assume that you are 5'2" or under (like me!) and since not many people are this short, you will probably get called! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

• Do you believe in magic?

Are there every any seasonal face character positions? I'm a university student going to school in Canada, so I'd only be available during the summer (actually from May until the end of August) or December.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoozie View Post
    Are there every any seasonal face character positions? I'm a university student going to school in Canada, so I'd only be available during the summer (actually from May until the end of August) or December.
    I would assume not, unless you go into parade work/can work during the Boo to You Halloween parties. That's just because by the time you would get through training and everything, you would only have about three months before they have to hire someone else. They do however have seasonal positions elsewheres in the parks. You might want to consider going seasonal there and, once you graduate, audition for face once you can go full/part time.

Hi All,

I know I promised that I would get back to you after the parade audition on the 5th, but I went to the other two the following weekend. Needless to say since I am responding to this thread that I got cut! Well you are right. If anyone is interested in how any of the auditions went let me know! I will just say that it has taken me so long to get back on here because I had really bad bags from staying up all hours of the night practicing for all three auditions. I am just now back to normal from being so exhausted. They were intense! Anyone who says they weren't must have gone to different auditions. We even had people from past parades who were cut and who had trouble with the dance routines! I met a lot of friends though. It was fun while it lasted.

• Do you believe in magic?

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    I would assume not, unless you go into parade work/can work during the Boo to You Halloween parties. That's just because by the time you would get through training and everything, you would only have about three months before they have to hire someone else. They do however have seasonal positions elsewheres in the parks. You might want to consider going seasonal there and, once you graduate, audition for face once you can go full/part time.
    I figured as much. Thanks though! I'll check out the other seasonal positions and see what there is.
    Peace, Love, and Mickey Mouse!

I am also confused I auditioned for Walt Disney World on March 18th in Philidelphia PA. And I made it all the way to the end of the audition where they split you off into groups. I was the only person sent to a place by myself. The casting director came over and said they would like to have me be a character look a like I'm 5'3" and she told me the character. She interviewed me and had me perform a improv skit playing that character. She said I did great and that I could leave and they would be contacting me. I have not heard nothing for almost 3 weeks, I am a bit confused to what is going on. How long does it usually take for them to contact you after your audition like that? If anyone has any information it would be great! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by DanielC View Post
    I am also confused I auditioned for Walt Disney World on March 18th in Philidelphia PA. And I made it all the way to the end of the audition where they split you off into groups. I was the only person sent to a place by myself. The casting director came over and said they would like to have me be a character look a like I'm 5'3" and she told me the character. She interviewed me and had me perform a improv skit playing that character. She said I did great and that I could leave and they would be contacting me. I have not heard nothing for almost 3 weeks, I am a bit confused to what is going on. How long does it usually take for them to contact you after your audition like that? If anyone has any information it would be great! Thank you!
    Were you auditioning for the College Program or just for a full/part time role? I auditioned at a similar audition but I was auditioning for the CP and they have until April 30th to get back to us. They mentioned something about having a casting day with all of the directors and then they'll send out acceptance emails/letters. I'm not positive about this, but I would guess that they'll review your audition on that same casting day and get back to you around that time. I will post on here when I get my email from the CP auditions (whether or not I get in) and I would think that you should have either heard something by that time or will hear something within a couple of days. If April 30th comes and goes and you still haven't heard anything, I would try to get ahold of them and mention it. Congratulations on making it that far though and hopefully you'll get through!

Quote Originally Posted by Smoozie View Post
    I figured as much. Thanks though! I'll check out the other seasonal positions and see what there is.
    No problem! I would keep checking the auditions website because they might look for seasonal fur characters or parade dancers. Otherwise, there's www.disneycareers.com. Good luck!