Page 336 of 531 FirstFirst ... 236286311326333334335336337338339346361386436 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,040 of 7951

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Thank you so much!

Last edited by SierraBanana; 04-12-2011 at 12:29 PM.

That's so exciting! She is really pretty and I love her accent! If you're still in touch with her, tell her that everyone here at Micechat loved her as Alice (and probably would love her as Wendy/Tinkerbell too, if we had seen videos)!

So what kind of thing should I be wearing guys? I think I saw sweat pants or jazz pants? What about shoes?

Hey everyone, I'm new to michechat, so bare with me haha. I'm auditioning in two weeks for a face character role. I've been researching the audition process, but I still have a few questions as to what the audition actually consists of. Any insight from auditioners would be great! I'm particularly seeking information on the "storytelling" round of the audition (if that even exists), and the improv round of the audition. Thanks!

I wore jazz shoes and they worked out great for me. I also saw some people with lyrical shoes, character shoes, and gym shoes. I would reccommend dance shoes over gym shoes, if possible, and lyrical or jazz shoes over character shoes because the heel might be harder to dance in. I also wore yoga pants with a leotard and a tee-shirt and that seemed fine. I did see one person dress similar to a particular character (dress and hair) and I would definitely advise against that! Wear something you are comfortable in, but that you are confortable with yourself in. I know that goucho pants are extremely comfortable to lounge around in, but I don't think they flatter my body very well and you want to wear something that shows that you have some shape to yourself.
    When I auditioned for the CP, there was no storytelling portion of the audition. I don't know if we just didn't have time for it, or if that is specifically for face character auditions, or what. There were two different improv rounds though. What happened in my audition is we were all gathered in the center of the room. The choreographer told us the two improvs we would have (something like, changing the tire on a car, washing a dog, or planting a tree) and we would strike a pose that started our improv of that particular action. For example, if the improv was to change the tire, our "pose" might be pointing at the ground with a mad look on our face. We then had six counts of eight (it was done to music eventually) to change the tire. The only rules were to stay in your own space, no rolling on the floor, and no talking. We were later brought back in in groups of six. We had to do the first improv, do the dance, do the second improv, and then do the dance again.

Thank you so much for all the valuable information! You have helped me out A LOT!

Is there a difference between auditions for strictly face characters and auditions for face characters/parade performers? I have heard some people say the first round of the audition consisted of the auditioners simply looking at your face, then making a huge cut. I've heard others say they danced first.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
    Thank you so much for all the valuable information! You have helped me out A LOT!

Is there a difference between auditions for strictly face characters and auditions for face characters/parade performers? I have heard some people say the first round of the audition consisted of the auditioners simply looking at your face, then making a huge cut. I've heard others say they danced first.
    No problem! That is the difference, as far as I can tell, between the two auditions! For strictly face, the first cut is based off of your looks and then you move on to a dance portion. For parade performers/face characters, you start off by dancing. If you go to a character performer (fur)/face character, the audition is like the one I went to. I do want to make the note that I have not attended all three types of audition so I do not know this for a fact, it's just based off of what I have read over the years!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post

If you go to an audition specifically for look-a-likes, they will make a huge cut based on looks first. If you go to a general character performer audition, you dance before they make the first cut, and if they are going to consider you for a face role, it is usually not until the end of the audition, once you have passed the rest of it. If they do pull you aside for face consideration, then you will do the "storytelling" part. They may just hand you a short script to read portraying the character, just to see how you sound and gesture as someone specific!

Thank you! Now I just have to prepare myself for that initial cut round. I don't want to get too hopeful, you know haha. My picture is on my profile....does anyone think I may have a shot?

Generally, as a rule, we don't really answer those questions because we don't know what the casting directors are looking for character-wise nor do we know what they want for that character. I have seen people in the parks who look nothing like the characters and I know of people who look dead on a character who didn't make it past the first round. The first round is based off of height first, look second. You may look exactly like Belle, but if you're only 5'0" you're not going to be picked because princess height starts at about 5'3".

oh ok got it! I should have known that haha! oh, and one more thing.....does anyone have information about resumes/headshots. What should go on my resume/headshot?

Sorry, I can't help you with that one! We didn't need resumes/headshots for the CP audition

No probs! Thanks for all the info...it's all helped A LOT! I hope to do the CP sometime in the future : )

• aliceindisneyland

are the CP auditions on the disneyauditions website?

i've had a look before and each audition (e.g character performers- walt disney world) has stated that current WDW college program cast members are not eligible to audition.