Page 338 of 536 FirstFirst ... 238288313328335336337338339340341348363388438 ... LastLast
Results 5,056 to 5,070 of 8036

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Oh heavens I really tried to read this whole thread... I got to page 54 and just skipped to the end. Sorry if this has already been discussed. I am brand new so if there's another thread to direct me to that would be fine but has anyone auditioned for the cruiseline? I can't find as much information on it. I would love to be any face character. I'm 5'3" and everything I've read said that is minimum princess height. I'm also very petite size 2 but a healthy weight. Do the dresses fit that size? Everyone says I look identical to Rapunzel I have blue-green eyes and am very fair so I think I could pull off Cinderella, Aurora, or Ariel very well. Maybe Alice, Wendy, or Tink since I'm kind of min ht for princess and max ht for child. Also I've heard that they look for people who look like the other people already playing the part, I have one dimple. Is that an automatic cut? Does anyone know how strict they are for the Cruiseline and what is required? I have a ton of dance/theatre/childcare experience! Should I adjust my acting resume to include childcare? Also I'm struggling with what to wear. I've heard conflicting reports on whether or not to wear makeup and if so how much.
    Last edited by hckim1216; 03-23-2012 at 10:23 AM.

HcKim - I've been to one cruise line audition (17 or so Disney auditions in total), and they didn't cut at height for that particular one. They "taught" us an animation routine, which was only directions like "do your character's happy dance, ooh look, Mom has a camera," etc., made cuts from there, then people who made it past that (not me, sadly) got to learn a dance. We did the animation in groups of 4 or 5, and then they took a look at everyone in that small group. On my application/resume, the director did the motion for a circle with a line through it. I think it was my height, which is 5'4" and 1/4, according to Disney.

Honestly, 5'4" is the hardest to get in with, because it seems like everyone is that height. As for faces, it really depends on what they are looking for, and that changes every time, so it's impossible make any predictions. The dresses will definitely fit you if you're a size 2 (lucky!). They tend to run small, I've heard, so you may wear a 4, 6, etc., but they go up to a size 12, I think. I always wear a plain shirt, dance pants, and jazz shoes, with light makeup. It seems that a lot of girls who get through aren't necessarily pretty (although a lot are), but they generally look well put together: nice makeup, hair curled or styled nicely and down, etc.

I wouldn't put anything on your resume about childcare, because you would just be doing meet and greets and such, and there are other roles where people are responsible for the children on the ship.

HTH!
    "Look there she goes, that girl is so peculiar...with a dreamy, far-off look, and her nose stuck in a book..." Yep, that would be me!

I tend to post in a thread and forget to check it ever again, or even worse, I kill it. Yay me.

Daniel - I auditioned on the 29th of April, but I auditioned directly in Orlando. Since you auditioned somewhere else, it may be different casting directors that saw you, and they may have a different system or timetable for processing those (but that's only my best guess).

Quote Originally Posted by KBelle5 View Post
    HcKim - I've been to one cruise line audition (17 or so Disney auditions in total), and they didn't cut at height for that particular one. They "taught" us an animation routine, which was only directions like "do your character's happy dance, ooh look, Mom has a camera," etc., made cuts from there, then people who made it past that (not me, sadly) got to learn a dance. We did the animation in groups of 4 or 5, and then they took a look at everyone in that small group. On my application/resume, the director did the motion for a circle with a line through it. I think it was my height, which is 5'4" and 1/4, according to Disney.

Honestly, 5'4" is the hardest to get in with, because it seems like everyone is that height. As for faces, it really depends on what they are looking for, and that changes every time, so it's impossible make any predictions. The dresses will definitely fit you if you're a size 2 (lucky!). They tend to run small, I've heard, so you may wear a 4, 6, etc., but they go up to a size 12, I think. I always wear a plain shirt, dance pants, and jazz shoes, with light makeup. It seems that a lot of girls who get through aren't necessarily pretty (although a lot are), but they generally look well put together: nice makeup, hair curled or styled nicely and down, etc.

I wouldn't put anything on your resume about childcare, because you would just be doing meet and greets and such, and there are other roles where people are responsible for the children on the ship.

HTH!
    Thank you, this was very helpful! Another question, I have a tattoo on the back of my neck, very small and only noticeable when my hair is up. I model in bridal shows and when they do an updo I can cover it with makeup so its not at all visible. Is this an automatic cut for say Cinderella or Tink because their hair is up or can I just hide it? Should I cover it for the audition? Were they wanting headshots and resumes at the cruiseline audition? Did you see if they were taking other girls about your height? Also when you say a plain shirt, do you mean t-shirt or nice shirt? The audition listing said "All character performers appear as fully costumed Disney Characters in our mainstage productions as well as in meet and greets on board the ships. Some Disney Costumed Character performers also appear as Disney Character Look-alikes. Some performers step out into chorus roles." Does this mean I'll be singing at the audition too? Than you so much!
    Last edited by hckim1216; 03-23-2012 at 10:25 AM.

Well, I think most of the "princess" characters sing because of the shows that they are in. I don't think they would hire a bunch of different performers for the same role since there is limited space onboard (and it says on the audition site that they are only looking for 19 people). There are three different shows and if there's only 19 performers, I would assume that all character performers appear in the shows. They do ask you on the audition form if you have a tattoo so they will know you have it and where. I wouldn't purposefully try to cover it up just because you want to show how small it is and let them make that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    Well, I think most of the "princess" characters sing because of the shows that they are in. I don't think they would hire a bunch of different performers for the same role since there is limited space onboard (and it says on the audition site that they are only looking for 19 people). There are three different shows and if there's only 19 performers, I would assume that all character performers appear in the shows. They do ask you on the audition form if you have a tattoo so they will know you have it and where. I wouldn't purposefully try to cover it up just because you want to show how small it is and let them make that decision.
    Well, I hope they give me a chance to explain how I cover it then...I wonder how much singing experience is needed? I have extensive theatre and dance experience(been doing this since I was 5) and have done a few musicals and choir as well as a few voice lessons. I can carry a tune and would definitely describe my voice as "disney/musical theatre" But I can't read music. And I can be very good after practice but it takes me a while to get familiar with a song. Do you think I still have a shot? Should I have a song prepared? Has anyone made it this far in the audition process to know what singing may or may not be required?

Daniel- I auditined in San Francisco for full time and have not heard back...
    Sierra- Did you audition for FT or CP?
    hckim- I am going to cruiseline auditions too! Are you going to the one in Phoenix? I booked my ticket yesterday!!

Harpist- Have you heard anything yet??

KBelle- I am 5'7 and 1/2 and a singer/actress hat can move. NOT a dancer but can fake i for the most part! How do you think my height would work?

Also everyone...how do I subscribe to this thread??

My audition was not for CP. I put that I was available for full time or part time, but when they called me back to schedule an interview, they indicated I would be part time.

Gotcha! You are in Orlando I take it? Congrats it sounds like a blast!!

Ok, forgive me if I miss any of the questions:

HCKim - I agree with what was said about the tattoo. Let them know where it is, and they'll know whether they can work with it.

I don't recall if they took headshots/resumes. It's usually been that if they don't ask for them, they don't take them. Sometimes, they say to bring them, then don't ask for them. I usually have one, just in case.

I can't remember if I mentioned this, but Disney height is weird. They can measure you up or down, depending on their needs. If you're closer to the upper half of 5'4", you can stand up really straight and maybe gain a little height - they had a friend do this, but she was still just a little too short, so they didn't take her (can't remember what kind of audition this was, though). As for the shirts I wear, they're nicer than just a tshirt. Sometimes I wear a red cotton one with a scoop neck; other times I wear a blue one that is gathered in the front, and looks a little nicer. It's really what you're comfortable moving in.

They probably won't have people singing, unless there are singing auditions after. Then again, it really depends on what they are looking for. However, if there is the possibility of them having you sing, it will say it on the audition notice.

BwayBound - Your true height may not be your Disney height, so I'd just go for it no matter what, because you never know. You're more in villain/maybe Pluto range, I'd say. Unless it's a dance audition, as long as you can move and not look awkward, you should be ok.

Did I get them all?
    "Look there she goes, that girl is so peculiar...with a dreamy, far-off look, and her nose stuck in a book..." Yep, that would be me!

I tend to post in a thread and forget to check it ever again, or even worse, I kill it. Yay me.

KBelle- I have been measured with Disney at 5'7 and 1/2 and 3/4 so I'm happy they are actually right on! I think I heard princesses on the ships go up to 5'8 in height. I'm hoping they are looking for someone my height with a BIG personality! I just want to do costumed characters but I'd love to move into the singing roles!

kbelle Thank you so much! this has been very helpful. I think I have the perfect shirt to wear! I'm so very excited!
    broadwaybound I am going to phoenix! I'm ever so excited! maybe I'll see you there?