Page 341 of 541 FirstFirst ... 241291316331338339340341342343344351366391441 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,115 of 8103

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Hi everyone! I'm another lurker who's been trying to read up on face character auditions. I just have a question about the current audition listings for DLR. There's currently an audition listed as "Disney Character Performers", but under the description, it says the characters do meet and greets, which doesn't sound like parade performers. And under height descriptions, it says they're looking for people 4'8 - 5'9. Since that includes the face character height range, I'm guessing they might be casting for that, but the specifics are very vague - in my opinion. Does anyone know anything about this/are any of you going?

Thanks for all the great advice!

Quote Originally Posted by MTNerd View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm another lurker who's been trying to read up on face character auditions. I just have a question about the current audition listings for DLR. There's currently an audition listed as "Disney Character Performers", but under the description, it says the characters do meet and greets, which doesn't sound like parade performers. And under height descriptions, it says they're looking for people 4'8 - 5'9. Since that includes the face character height range, I'm guessing they might be casting for that, but the specifics are very vague - in my opinion. Does anyone know anything about this/are any of you going?

It's an audition for head characters.

Oh. Don't they usually call those auditions "Atmosphere Character Auditions" though?

It might just be a general audition to pull for all kinds of characters. Face, fur, and parade. Usually Disneyland is very specific about who they are casting for, down to what movies they are looking for characters from. I'm not too sure what they mean by "character performers". I would say go anyhow!

• The magic is in the shoes

Atmosphere characters are for headed rolls. Face characters are for face roles.

Chase- I have seen pictures of an Alice in Disney World with uneven teeth so I wouldn't worry too much about that. As for the question about your hair, if and when you go to an audition you will be able to ask about what is considered "acceptable". If you were to be hired and they deemed your hair wasn't acceptable, they would tell you and you would have to change it. Even as a fur.
    apkick21- I would say that it is possible to do well in the audition without professional training in dance and theatre, but it certainly helps. Especially in the dance portion. There are usually a lot of people there so it may be hard to see the teacher and you may be relying on what those around you are doing in order to pick up the dance. Knowing what a "jazz square", "pencil turn", "pivot turn" etc are would definitely help you so that you can focus on facial expressions instead of what each step means. You would not need to have voice lessons unless you are auditioning for a vocal role: walk around face characters do not sing. If you were to be hired, you go through several weeks of "training" where you are being taught how to put on the costumes and how to move in the fur ones. They also tell you what you can and can not do while in costume. But that's really about it, from what I can tell.

two days till my cruiseline audition! AHH! I'm so excited. Any last minute advice? Also I know it good to be early, but how early are we talking? Anyone know how big the turnout is for the cruises? Its in Phoenix if that makes a difference. Also the website was somewhat unclear, I'm bringing a resume and headshot even though I don't know if I need them. I have a couple different headshot, I assume the one where I'm smiling with an open mouth would be best but do you think black and white or color? I know black an white is more classic and color is more modern. My eyes are blue so I'm leaning towards color but I know black and white makes you skin look really nice...? Any other advice oh I'm so stoked! Also do you guys think I have a shot?

Quote Originally Posted by hckim1216 View Post
    two days till my cruiseline audition! AHH! I'm so excited. Any last minute advice? Also I know it good to be early, but how early are we talking? Anyone know how big the turnout is for the cruises? Its in Phoenix if that makes a difference. Also the website was somewhat unclear, I'm bringing a resume and headshot even though I don't know if I need them. I have a couple different headshot, I assume the one where I'm smiling with an open mouth would be best but do you think black and white or color? I know black an white is more classic and color is more modern. My eyes are blue so I'm leaning towards color but I know black and white makes you skin look really nice...? Any other advice oh I'm so stoked! Also do you guys think I have a shot?
    From your picture, I think you are beautiful and have the right facial features for a face character. Your face actually looks a lot like one of the princesses at Disneyland in my opinion. Break a leg!

Character perforemer= costumed characters.
    Everyone gets confused about that! They are only looking for costumed character performers. What is your height? And yes, I'm going

Quote Originally Posted by MTNerd View Post

Quote Originally Posted by broadwaybound View Post
    Character perforemer= costumed characters.
    Everyone gets confused about that! They are only looking for costumed character performers. What is your height? And yes, I'm going
    Costumed characters as in fuzzies? Or all characters as in including face characters? I'm 5'7 so I don't really fall into any of the fuzzy character heights - I'm at the top of the princess height range.

broadwaybound! I'm so excited to meet you at auditions tomorrow. How fabulous if we both got it. But it my first audition so I probably won't but I'm excited just to see what its like!!!

Costumed characters are fur characters. Look-a-likes are face. I would think that Atmosphere characters are street performers, like the Dapper Dans and the people who perform in Hollywood Studios' street shows, but I'm not sure because I've also heard "atmosphere" associated with fur.

Hey y'all!
    So I haven't posted in a while because I pretty much had given up on Disney. I did well during my audition and was filmed, but it had been a few months so I started making other plans. However I recently received a call from Florida so never give up! I do have a few questions though before I decide to make the big move. Are there any CMs on here that I can message my questions to?

of to audition in a couple hours... wish me luck!

• ^_~.

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    Chase- I have seen pictures of an Alice in Disney World with uneven teeth so I wouldn't worry too much about that. As for the question about your hair, if and when you go to an audition you will be able to ask about what is considered "acceptable". If you were to be hired and they deemed your hair wasn't acceptable, they would tell you and you would have to change it. Even as a fur.
    Thanks! The fact that other people with less-than-perfect teeth have made it is super reassuring.

I do have one more question for anyone who can answer: is it better to cover a face mole for the audition or just leave it? I know they want you looking natural, but if I want a shot at being face, is it better to try and conceal it, since none of the characters have them?

Oh, and hckim1216: hope everything went well at your audition^-^!