Page 346 of 540 FirstFirst ... 246296321336343344345346347348349356371396446 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,190 of 8087

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Cinderella's are attached to the headband.
    Aurora, Arial, Snow White, Alice, Tinkerbell, etc. Do not wear earrings.
    Last edited by Disneyland 1951; 06-27-2011 at 02:34 PM.

I talked to my friend (who is friends with some princesses) and she said that the characters that do wear actual earrings they are truly clip ons. She said it is a big problem with the bigger earrings like Jasmine's because they constantly fall off.

That's so awesome, thanks for the info! (Not that I'd be against piercing my ears for Disney - it's just something I haven't worried about since second grade) I know some princesses (Aurora, Ariel) have long hair that covers the ears, but was wondering if they had to wear them in the parks anyway for the bling factor. I haven't been to the Magic Kingdom in a long time (like waaaay too long).
    That's kind of funny about the Jasmine earrings, I'd have assumed they would be on the headband but her tiara/headband is up kind of high now that I'm looking at pics. I'm also a bit suprised none of the fairies wear earrings since their costumes are quite sparkly!
    I work in a jewelry vault. There's a swimming pool filled with jewelry and coins, and I pretend I'm Scrooge McDuck every day at lunch. Actually everything after "I work in a jewelry vault" is a lie.

"Sticky Notes From Walt Disney World" http://maposyrup.blogspot.com

Very few characters wear earrings. I know that Aurora and Ariel don't wear earrings. I think if the wig covers the hair, it is pretty much guaranteed that you won't have to wear earrings because they are trouble enough for those that do!

I've been lurking on this thread for quite some time, but I decided I should probably make an account and finally say hello to all of you lovely people- so I did!

Also, when my friend found out that I was going to finally jump in and reply to this, she told me to ask you guys a question for her. She's of Chinese descent and wants to know if Mulan is found at the Disneyland Resort anymore. Also, last time we went to meet Rapunzel, she was asian! Was that casting choice a one time thing or do you think it could happen again? It's a long shot, I know, but we were just wondering.

I can't wait to audition once I'm old enough! I'm 16 right now. I don't really know what characters I would go for if I do the face character auditions, but I don't want to limit myself because I want to audition for a parade performer or a vocalist too Face character-wise, though, I just hope I don't get any taller- I'm currently 5'7" :P
    Last edited by LittleLotte; 06-29-2011 at 02:46 AM.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLotte View Post
    I've been lurking on this thread for quite some time, but I decided I should probably make an account and finally say hello to all of you lovely people- so I did!

Also, when my friend found out that I was going to finally jump in and reply to this, she told me to ask you guys a question for her. She's of Chinese descent and wants to know if Mulan is found at the Disneyland Resort anymore. Also, last time we went to meet Rapunzel, she was asian! Was that casting choice a one time thing or do you think it could happen again? It's a long shot, I know, but we were just wondering.

I can't wait to audition once I'm old enough! I'm 16 right now. I don't really know what characters I would go for if I do the face character auditions, but I don't want to limit myself because I want to audition for a parade performer or a vocalist too Face character-wise, though, I just hope I don't get any taller- I'm currently 5'7" :P
    I think Mulan is still out! There's also Silvermist, Tinkerbell's fairy friend. She could get chosen for either of those.
    It was probably a misunderstanding about Rapunzel, I think Disney's a bit to particular to cast a character who is of a whole different decent.

Do you have a picture of Rapunzel? I know in Disney World, Mulan does come out but it's very infrequently. I know she occansionally appears in Princess Fantasy Faire at Disneyland. Silvermist is definitely a viable option, since she does still come out a lot! And you are really tall! I wish you could give a couple of inches to me!

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    Do you have a picture of Rapunzel? I know in Disney World, Mulan does come out but it's very infrequently. I know she occansionally appears in Princess Fantasy Faire at Disneyland. Silvermist is definitely a viable option, since she does still come out a lot! And you are really tall! I wish you could give a couple of inches to me!
    This is a typical Repunzel, the others actually look more like Arial.

MULAN: Will wonder around near the Warf area of Cal Adventure fairly often (But not everyday). Sadly I have seen her ignored. She will often be at the Princess Fantany Fair when the Fab 3 (Cindy - Belle - Snow White) do the Coronation. And, ocassionally out front at Disneyland (again, not often.)

Silvermist is only at Pixie Hollow.

• Always Dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post
    This is a typical Repunzel, the others actually look more like Arial.

MULAN: Will wonder around near the Warf area of Cal Adventure fairly often (But not everyday). Sadly I have seen her ignored. She will often be at the Princess Fantany Fair when the Fab 3 (Cindy - Belle - Snow White) do the Coronation. And, ocassionally out front at Disneyland (again, not often.)

Silvermist is only at Pixie Hollow.
    That's my favorite Rapunzel! She's so cute and in character, and she remembers me every time!

But I've seen most of the Rapunzels and I've never seen one that looked remotely Asian. I very much doubt that they would hire an Asian girl to play a distinctly white character, as Disneyland is the pickiest about their characters.

As for Mulan, she is often at the Princess Fantasy Faire. Silvermist is also Asian, and is the tallest of the fairies, so they might have them double, I'm not sure.
    http://aurorahermione.tumblr.com - costuming and random Disney stuff

I was curious about the Asian Rapunzel Sorry, I should have been more specific! Haha. That Rapunzel is beautiful though. On a side note, I thought Vidia was the tallest fairy? Maybe it's just her wig that makes her look ridiculously tall!

• Always Dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    I was curious about the Asian Rapunzel Sorry, I should have been more specific! Haha. That Rapunzel is beautiful though. On a side note, I thought Vidia was the tallest fairy? Maybe it's just her wig that makes her look ridiculously tall!
    You may be right, I know Silvermist was originally the tallest, Vidia might be up there too.
    http://aurorahermione.tumblr.com - costuming and random Disney stuff

I know Vidia goes up to 5'7". I'm not sure about Silvermist. I was so happy when Vidia came out because I look more like her than the other fairies and then I saw the height requirements and was like "not a chance!"

Hahah just gotta put it out there - it took me under two weeks, and I read this entire thread. XD

Thanks for clearing up the dress sizes! I'd heard that they runa bit small, I just wasn't sure how small. What exactly is their size range again? Lowest and highest sizes?

---------- Post added 07-01-2011 at 10:27 AM ----------

Hmm. I haven't seen the Rapunzel you're talking about, but I have seen a picture (i don't know when or where it was from though, could have been Disneyland or Disneyworld) of Alice who looked a bit Asian as well. I don't know if it was just her make up or the picture or if she really was though..

---------- Post added 07-01-2011 at 10:32 AM ----------

I know how you feel! Waiting is just terrible! I'm going to be 16 in 5 days ( ) and then there's another TWO YEARS until I can audition! Terrible!

---------- Post added 07-01-2011 at 10:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post

Cinderella's are attached to the headband.
    Aurora, Arial, Snow White, Alice, Tinkerbell, etc. Do not wear earrings.
    If they really are attatched to the headband, that looks terribly uncomfortable! Especially having it in front of your ears like that!

Hello! I found this thread while researching face characters and have been reading it for a week or so, and it's been so helpful, and it's still going so I thought I'd say thank you to all those who have contributed because I feel a lot more confident about auditioning now. I'm british, but I hope to audition for face characters in dlr or wdw I'm 5'1.. I might be 5'2 now, I'm not sure.. but I'm destined to be a shortie my whole life as all the females in my family are short! So I'd only have a shot at alice/wendy or a fairy.. I'd love to be alice though.. she's my favourite next to snow white Like many people on here, I've got a few years until I audition (I'm hoping to audition once I finish college, before I go to uni) and I think it's great that so many people, like me, dream of working at disney as a face character! So hi! My name's Maddie... thought I'd introduce myself, haha! Hi Also.. does anyone have the heights for the fairies? Because some sources have said that tinkerbell is 4"10 - 5'2 then the rest of the fairies are quite a bit taller? Sorry if this has been asked before.. I just wondered