Page 347 of 509 FirstFirst ... 247297337344345346347348349350357397447 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,205 of 7623

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

How hard is the choreography they make you do? I suck at dancing lol.

Welcome! Yes, you're right about fairy height. Tinker Bell is the same as Alice and Wendy, which your height is perfect for, by the way, but the rest of the fairies are pretty much princess height range. I know how you feel about wanting to be friends with Alice, that is my dream! I've still got 2 years until I can audition as well, it's horrible to wait!

---------- Post added 07-02-2011 at 01:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdinsmyhomeboy View Post
    I've heard that the choreography is pretty easy. I've heard it called a simple, across the floor routine. So probably just a lot of arm and foot motions, some twirls ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliceswonderland View Post
    Welcome! Yes, you're right about fairy height. Tinker Bell is the same as Alice and Wendy, which your height is perfect for, by the way, but the rest of the fairies are pretty much princess height range. I know how you feel about wanting to be friends with Alice, that is my dream! I've still got 2 years until I can audition as well, it's horrible to wait!
    Ah, thank you Well Alice, Tink and Wendy are pretty much my top three so that's perfect! I know the feeling, I'd absolutely love to be friends with Alice, who knows, maybe some day we'll both be working together as alice! The wait sucks, but I guess its true, waiting makes the heart grow stronger! (Or is it distance? I forget, ha ha)
    What park are you hoping to work at?

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdinsmyhomeboy View Post
    When I auditioned, there were eight counts of eight of dance. (Pretty much counting to eight eight times in rhythm is considered eight counts of eight, in case you've never played an instrument!) The first two counts were extremely easy (I thought), because there were only a few steps that were easy to pick up and were done really slow. After the first two counts, each counts got progressively harder. The steps themselves weren't necessarily harder, the amount of them within the counts got faster. By the last count, I was lucky to get half of the steps! I've had fifteen years of dance experience too. I don't think, however, that they are looking for the best dancers out there to be characters. If you can get all of those steps in, they may look at you for a parade dancer. The main point of the dance section is to see how well you move and what you do when you mess up. If you are the best dancer in the world, but if you misstep you yell out all kinds of obsenities, you're not going to be a good character! Also, if you're really stiff and don't smile at all, you won't be able to play the characters really well. Just remember to make the moves big, smile, and really hit the moves you know and you'll do fine! The choreographer does the dance with you too, so you have some help.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by maddiemousexo View Post
    Ah, thank you Well Alice, Tink and Wendy are pretty much my top three so that's perfect! I know the feeling, I'd absolutely love to be friends with Alice, who knows, maybe some day we'll both be working together as alice! The wait sucks, but I guess its true, waiting makes the heart grow stronger! (Or is it distance? I forget, ha ha)
    Oh this is all too familiar Good luck girls when the time comes. We're all in the same boat here! Haha.

• aliceindisneyland

Yey another British girl!
    Sorry i had to point that out there, it gives me hope that other people in the UK would also like to do this

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Wonderland View Post
    Oh this is all too familiar Good luck girls when the time comes. We're all in the same boat here! Haha.
    Yeah aha, theres a lot of hopefuls too young to audition, but in a way it's a good thing, as it gives us more time to prepare and they might bring out new characters which gives more opportunities good luck to you too, dear

Quote Originally Posted by beckix.o.x View Post
    Yey another British girl!
    Sorry i had to point that out there, it gives me hope that other people in the UK would also like to do this
    Haha, no need to apologise! It's great to come on here and see that so many people want to audition, and I'm glad I'm not the only one from the uk too, i was beginning to think I was!

You're very pretty maddiemousexo
    I'm jealous

Quote Originally Posted by rachelmarisa View Post
    You're very pretty maddiemousexo
    I'm jealous
    Ah thank you, thats so sweet theres no need to be jealous though

No one has posted for a while but I just stumbled across some girl's blog, where she is saying about how she's to be friends with rapunzel/aurora at wdw. I'm pretty sure that isn't allowed? So I'm guessing she's either making it up or disney hasn't seen yet. I remember I read of a person who was going to play terance who got fired on this thread for doing the same thing, and he didn't even post a picture so... it kind of made me sad that she'd abuse that privilege.. here's the link if you want to see for yourself:
    http://tinyteaspoons.tumblr.com/tagged/wdwcp/
    Last edited by maddiemousexo; 07-10-2011 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maddiemousexo View Post
    I'm really hoping for Disneyland! Not only is it closer to home, but I never need a map there!

---------- Post added 07-10-2011 at 11:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Wonderland View Post
    How much longer until you audition?

---------- Post added 07-10-2011 at 11:33 AM ----------

Wow, when thats me (im being extremely postitve and hopeful!), I'm going to be so obsessive about keeping my job that I won't even want to THINK about it while I'm out of character! It is very sad about Flynn in WDW though, I hope they bring him back!

• ^_~.

Welcome! Yes, you're right about fairy height. Tinker Bell is the same as Alice and Wendy, which your height is perfect for, by the way, but the rest of the fairies are pretty much princess height range.
    Oh, no! I'd really hoped to audition for Fawn the next time she opens up (and once my dancing improved!), because I have brown hair and eyes. I thought fairy height was pretty much the same for all of them. I'm only 5'1 and a half (61inches). Am I too short? Is there anyone a short brown-eyed girl like me would be cast for?

Eye color really isn't that big of a deal, definitely not their top priority. If they are concerned about it, they'll ask you to wear contacts. I know of at least one Alice who wears them, and it's not that uncomman.

I know the girl personally who has the tinyteaspoons blog and she really does work at Disney through the College Program. She is not Aurora and Rapunzel, she is/is training to be friends with them. That is the difference between her and the people who are fired. They say that they are the characters, she says she is friends with them. The pictures she posts are approved by Disney as well. I know she would not do anything to risk her job there because she really enjoys hanging out with Aurora (and soon Rapunzel).
    As for the fairies heights, the fairies are taller than Tinkerbell. Vidia goes all the way up to 5'7". There are a couple of reasons for this. They wanted Tinkerbell to be the shortest in the group, reguardless of who is hanging out with her that day so they made her heights the shortest. They also want friends who can be friends with other characters, so Tinkerbell's heights are within one height group with other friends, while the other fairies are within what is considered princess range because there are other characters they can be friends with in that range. If you really think about it, you can probably guess who is friends with which princess. That also helps cut down on the number of friends they have to train and fit for costumes and stuff. Vidia is the tallest of the fairies because she is more or less the villain of the movies and the villains are always taller. It's for the intimidation factor.

I'm glad she has Disney's approval. I did notice that she never said she was a character, just that she was friends with her. She's so lucky to be training for Rapunzel! I love her to pieces, even if she isn't Alice :P Thanks for the extra info on fairy height too!

---------- Post added 07-10-2011 at 03:57 PM ----------

Hey! I just checked the audition calandar, there's some WDW face character auditions on the 14th! Is anybody going?