Page 348 of 547 FirstFirst ... 248298323338345346347348349350351358373398448 ... LastLast
Results 5,206 to 5,220 of 8204

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

I forgot to mention that the person who was fired came on here and said "I am Pete from Pete's Dragon in the fill-in-the-blank parade." She has vehemently denied being Aurora, she is very specific about just being friends with Aurora. Also, she took great precautions about checking with her managers about what is considered an acceptable photo (neutral background, in character, fully costumed, etc).
    I can't audition again until September at the earliest But I'm definitely planning on reauditioning for the College Program! WDW holds some sort of character audition every Thursday so I'm pretty sure I'll be able to go down when I'm able too!

Anyone know who originally took that picture of Snow White with the apple glasses at Disneyland (on the linked blog)?

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    I know the girl personally who has the tinyteaspoons blog and she really does work at Disney through the College Program. She is not Aurora and Rapunzel, she is/is training to be friends with them. That is the difference between her and the people who are fired. They say that they are the characters, she says she is friends with them. The pictures she posts are approved by Disney as well. I know she would not do anything to risk her job there because she really enjoys hanging out with Aurora (and soon Rapunzel).
    Oh I see, I'm surprised disney would even allow that but never mind, it's not my problem She's very lucky getting to be friends with rapunzel, I'd love to be friends with rapunzel if I were taller, I already have the big green eyes ha ha.

I'm very jealous to all those who get to audition on the 14th! Good luck to anyone who is Also have you guys seen this?
    Our Auditions / Entertainment / Disneyland Paris Casting - Disneyland Paris

theyre specifically looking for alice's and wendy's and the audition's in london! I'd so be there if I was only a couple years older! again, good luck if anybody's going!

Specifically for Alice and Wendy? Actually, I think I'd rather go to an audition with more sopts to fill, because there will probably be just as many people, just with way less spots to fill! There'd be a better chance if there were more character spots, even if we only qualify for a few

Quote Originally Posted by Aliceswonderland View Post
    Specifically for Alice and Wendy? Actually, I think I'd rather go to an audition with more sopts to fill, because there will probably be just as many people, just with way less spots to fill! There'd be a better chance if there were more character spots, even if we only qualify for a few
    Oh no well it's not just for alice's and wendy's, it's for all characters but it says that they urgently need more alices/wendys/aladdins I completely agree though, it'd be a lot better to go to an audition with a wider variety of characters, as there'd be more opportunities, but I'd go to any audition which was that close to me even if it was just for the experience, as london's only an hour away from me haha

oh ok. I agree, I'd still go any chance I got! I hate waiting, two years is just too long! On the audition calendar, it said 16 for WDW on the 14th, but I think it's always 18 in California. So are you hoping for Paris? Because it's the closest to London.

oh ok. I agree, I'd still go any chance I got! I hate waiting, two years is just too long! On the audition calendar, it said 16 for WDW on the 14th, but I think it's always 18 in California. So are you hoping for Paris? Because it's the closest to London.
    I know exactly what you mean, waiting sucks! & Yeah, they can hire 16 year olds in wdw but I guess it's rare because they need them to be available as much as possible as wdw is a lot bigger, but you have to be 18 in dlr :/ Though I'd have to be 18 to audition anyway as that's when I finish college. & I'm not really sure to be honest! I'm sort of weighing out all my options at the moment and planning ahead 'cause I've got a couple years, I'd most like to work in california because it seems characters like alice have a lot more freedom, but then again florida would be great because they seem more lenient and need more roles, then paris because it's closer to home and it would be easier to see family/friends! But really I'm able to work at any so I suppose it's all down to whoever will take me at the time! I'm guessing you're aiming towards california?

Yes, I'm aiming for California, it's much closer to home and my favorite park I'm thinking about going through the college program like the girl who is friends with sleeping beauty and rapunzel, but I'm not sure yet.

Yes, I'm aiming for California, it's much closer to home and my favorite park I'm thinking about going through the college program like the girl who is friends with sleeping beauty and rapunzel, but I'm not sure yet.
    I've never been to any of the parks but Disneyland looks most fun I'd say. I'm taking my first ever disney trip this year in paris at christmas time, and then next summer i'm going to disneyland resort so I'll get to have a look for myself then Who knows, maybe we will be working together some day! + I'd love to do the college program, even if it meant I couldn't do face, but I don't think I can. Though there's the international program thing which I'm thinking about for the chance to go work at disney, though I highly doubt it'd be in the entertainment department but who knows!

So I wonder, if you're in the college program, when you finish college, do you lose you job, since it is through a college program? I don't know if that makes any sense but..
    If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.

Disneyland's college program does not offer the entertainment department major. The closest you can get is entertainment costuming. Disney World does offer entertainment as a major and you can do both face and fur characters (provided you pass the audition). I would think that you would be able to major in entertainment as part of the international program provided you are able to attend an audition but I'm not really sure about that! After your program is over, you can opt to go seasonal and thereby keep your job within the department. You would be required to go back though every summer and winter but you would still get all of the castmember benefits as long as you work at least 40 hours per year. Keep in mind that the characters you would be able to be friends with are decided first by your height, then by your face shape, and then physical characteristics (eye color, freckles, skin tone, etc.). If you are 4'11"-5'0" you are given special consideration (there is also a tall special consideration range, but I can't remember it off the top of my head). Your height determines what range you are in. If you look at the characters, they have very distinct facial shapes and the friends have the same shapes. The last thing they look at is physical characteristics. If you look hard enough online, you can see Aurora with dark brown/black eyebrows and eyes too blue to be true, but she still has a very prominent chin and is between 5'3" and 5'7".

• Sock Puppet

Aliceswonderland- About 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Raindown View Post
    Anyone know who originally took that picture of Snow White with the apple glasses at Disneyland (on the linked blog)?
    This is as far back as I could trace it. I don't know where on this blog it actually is though. Jessiee

can anyone confirm whether you can get into the entertainment department through any of the international programs? at wdw? cause that would be amazing! but i doubt it:/ oh well, I can always move out there

+also for people worried about freckles there's an alice at disneyland who has a few freckles on her nose which are visible....
    Alice | Flickr - Photo Sharing! http://www.flickr.com/photos/briberr...57604877483678 it's not many but I imagine she has a few but has been covered up with stage makeup
    also I've seen a cinderella who has quite a few freckles which i've seen but I dont remember where

• Everyone neat and pretty?

Quote Originally Posted by maddiemousexo View Post
    +also for people worried about freckles there's an alice at disneyland who has a few freckles on her nose which are visible....
    Alice | Flickr - Photo Sharing! Alice | Flickr - Photo Sharing! it's not many but I imagine she has a few but has been covered up with stage makeup
    also I've seen a cinderella who has quite a few freckles which i've seen but I dont remember where
    Freckles on a young girls face are cute. Adds to the child like appeal. Especially across the nose area. So cute. I knew a friend of Aurora, Cinderella and Ariel that used to be at Disneyland. Not only did she have freckles but she had a nice real tan most of the year. Not Malibu Barbie like, just a little color, nice and even.
    The freckles were noticeable but endearing and fit the character.
    "Some of us prefer illusion to despair!" ~ Nelson Muntz of The Simpsons when being teased for liking Snow White and being told that she was just an actress.