Page 349 of 536 FirstFirst ... 249299324339346347348349350351352359374399449 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,235 of 8040

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by maddiemousexo View Post
    can anyone confirm whether you can get into the entertainment department through any of the international programs? at wdw? cause that would be amazing! but i doubt it:/ oh well, I can always move out there
    I went on https://www.disneyinternationalprograms.com and cruised around on there for a little while. I did find that you can major in entertainment/character performer, provided you pass an audition. They do not specify where the auditions will be held though. Only certain colleges are participating in the program though, so you would have to be enrolled in one of those colleges for at least a semester in order to attend. Of course, you also have to speak fluent English (which doesn't seem to be a problem on here!), be at least 18 at the start of your program, able to travel overseas for the duration of your program, etc. I would suggest looking at that site. It's rather interesting!

Me too It's too long of a wait!
    If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    I went on https://www.disneyinternationalprograms.com and cruised around on there for a little while. I did find that you can major in entertainment/character performer, provided you pass an audition. They do not specify where the auditions will be held though. Only certain colleges are participating in the program though, so you would have to be enrolled in one of those colleges for at least a semester in order to attend. Of course, you also have to speak fluent English (which doesn't seem to be a problem on here!), be at least 18 at the start of your program, able to travel overseas for the duration of your program, etc. I would suggest looking at that site. It's rather interesting!
    Oh wow, thanks a bunch! That's helped me out a lot! I just checked and two of the university's I was planning on going to are on there! So this is good. Thank you again!

---------- Post added 07-15-2011 at 12:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by snowsbeau View Post
    Freckles on a young girls face are cute. Adds to the child like appeal. Especially across the nose area. So cute. I knew a friend of Aurora, Cinderella and Ariel that used to be at Disneyland. Not only did she have freckles but she had a nice real tan most of the year. Not Malibu Barbie like, just a little color, nice and even.
    The freckles were noticeable but endearing and fit the character.
    I agree! I personally love freckles, I only have a few and their very faint so theyre not too visible.

Haha, I have alot of freckles on my face. Not like, over the top, but alot across my nose and cheeks. They aren't very dark, but darker in the summer. I have worn stage makeup before though, and they were mostly gone

e
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by lovexpeacexsam; 07-16-2011 at 01:13 PM. Reason: delete

Hey everyone! So I just went on the audition web site, and there is now an audition date up for Disneyland Resort on July 31st. I just have one question.. hopefully someone will be able to help me because I'm freaking out. This audition date would be perfect for me. The headline says DISNEYLAND CHARACTER PERFORMERS. I was wondering, does that include masked characters AND look-alikes? or is it just masked?.... because i am really not into being friends with a masked character, but I am DYING to be friends with Belle! (or Tinkerbell if I'm to short to be friends with Belle) :-) Oh, and if any of you have been through this, I'm just asking for your opinion, do you think i should go if it is both face and fuzzy? I don't want to go and have them want me being friends with a masked character :-/ Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys! <3

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDarling552 View Post
    Hey everyone! So I just went on the audition web site, and there is now an audition date up for Disneyland Resort on July 31st. I just have one question.. hopefully someone will be able to help me because I'm freaking out. This audition date would be perfect for me. The headline says DISNEYLAND CHARACTER PERFORMERS. I was wondering, does that include masked characters AND look-alikes? or is it just masked?.... because i am really not into being friends with a masked character, but I am DYING to be friends with Belle! (or Tinkerbell if I'm to short to be friends with Belle) :-) Oh, and if any of you have been through this, I'm just asking for your opinion, do you think i should go if it is both face and fuzzy? I don't want to go and have them want me being friends with a masked character :-/ Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys! <3
    I'd imagine it's just for face but don't take my word for it, I'd think they'd hold them separately as the audition process is a little different But still even if it's for both I'd definitely go, as disneyland hardly ever have auditions and you never know, you might just be cast for face! & if they cast you as a fuzzy that's also a good thing, because you can work your way up from being a fuzzy to a face If you're claustrophobic then obviously you'd have to politely decline but I'd definitely go, even if it were just for the experience, you never know what could happen!

---------- Post added 07-17-2011 at 12:38 PM ----------

Also I forgot to mention! It's disneyland's 56th birthday today, so happy birthday to disneyland

Disney character performers are strictly fuzzies. When Disneyland is seeking face characters, they post what movies the characters they are looking for are from. I would still suggest going to the audition, even if you don't want to be cast as a fuzzy because the experience will help you in a face audition should one ever come up that you can go to. Usually, cuts aren't made in a fur audition until after the first round, which is usually an animation or dance round. Either would help you in a face audition as those are used again to make cuts, but the first cut in face is based on looks so you might not make it past the first face round on your first audition. Also, it'll get your face in their heads. I will add this though, even if you get to be friends with a face character, you will also be expected to perform as a fur character so starting as a fur might not be a bad idea to get you used to one aspect of the entertainment department and what will be expected of you. Just for a reference point, Princesses start at 5'3" and go up to about 5'7". Tinkerbell is 4'11" to 5'2". I wouldn't get your hopes set on one or two characters either, chances are if you're friends with one princess you're going to be friends with two or three princesses.
    P.S. Disneyland's face auditions are called Disney character look a like auditions

Well in that case, completely ignore what I said! But I still think you should go

Thank you Maddie Mouse and Harpist for the great advice and info! :-) I am kind of bummed that it is just for fuzzies, but I will possibly still go to get the experience (it's a two hour drive for me... so I'm still unsure if I want to go out there just for a fuzzie audition. I do have a little problem with being enclosed is small spaces, so i don't know how I would do with that). Harpest, I thought I read somewhere that you are only required to be friends with fuzzies AND face characters at Disney World. I guess that is incorrect. Good to know :-) I am going to be a student at Cal State Fullerton (5 minutes away from Disneyland) next month, so if I don't make it to this audition, I plan on applying for a regular job in the park, and just go to auditions and transfer out IF I am fortunate enough to make it as a character's friend. And I know that there is a HUGE chance they might not want me to be friends with Belle or Tinkerbell, but those are my DREAM roles :-) If they offered me a chance to be friends with any other face characters, I would most definitely jump at the opportunity. THanks again guys! I REALLY appreciate the help! :-)
    * "Hey Mr. Crocodile! Do you like codfish?... Yo DOOO! hahahahahaha!"* <3

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Aliceswonderland View Post
    Me too It's too long of a wait!
    Yes, isn't it? :/

You are not required, per se, to be friends with fur characters in either location. Disney World will make you unless you claim claustrophobia but it will only be for one day or so. From what I understand about Disneyland, you can be friends with both later but you start off as a fur until your training is done. Technically, Disney World also has you do fur until you're done training but you still also have shifts later as fur.

ahhhhh I see! Thanks harpist for all the info! :-) I greatly appreciate it!
    * "Hey Mr. Crocodile! Do you like codfish?... Yo DOOO! hahahahahaha!"* <3

No problem!

Hey, random, just out of curiosity question, does anyone know the hours for a face character? Like, they work from when to when? Just curious