Page 350 of 531 FirstFirst ... 250300325340347348349350351352353360375400450 ... LastLast
Results 5,236 to 5,250 of 7954

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Face characters work all day, most days. If you're doing meet and greets in a building, you're on for 45 minutes and then take a fifteen minute break. If you're doing meet and greets outside, you're on for an hour or so and then you get a longer break before going back out. If you do a dining location, you work during the meals and then break inbetween. Reguardless, you do all of the work in that location for that day.

To all of my fellow Californians! Disneyland is holding auditions for face characters on July 31st I'll post the link right here..

Disney Auditions - Audition Calendar

I really think that's for fur characters only. I am about 99% certain that they will only be casting for fur. They are very specific when they are looking for face, they will post what movies they are looking for characters from and they specify "Disney Character Look a Likes".

Yes, the auditions on the 31st are for fur characters only. Whenthey are casting face characters, the calendar will say 'Character Look a Likes' and usually list the characters they are looking for.
    If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.

So I'm auditioning on the 31st and I was just wondering if anyone knew what fur auditions are like. I have no idea what i'm getting myself into any help would be super appreciated
    "Disneyland is a show."
    -Walt Disney

Hello everyone! I'm new and just popping in to say hi!! I have so many questions to ask, (because i've been lurking, lol) but I'm busy but I'll be on at some point again!! It's so nice to read all y'alls threads!

Oh and my name is Michelle!

Hello again!! Okay, I have some questions and I'm sure they've been answered but I tried to read as much as possible before skipping to the last 10 pages. It's a lot of reading. Haha. But I did read a good bit and learned a lot about the audition process.

I was wondering if anyone had any auditions in different states for DL or WDW? Is the audition process any different? I asked because if I want to be a princess like Belle or whoever and I make it to the wig part, do they bring the costumes and wigs with them? I'm in Atlanta and they have auditions here, actually they just had one Wednesday, but I didn't go. I would love to be a princess for WDW. Whether it's meet and greet or parades or the shows, I don't care. Haha. I'm a theatre major and I have experience in improv so when I heard about the improv I was like "oh good!" but the dancing is a no. Haha.

However, I'm 5'9. I know, I've read the height talk and Im too tall but I'm still auditioning haha. Hopefully they'll have a cruise line audition where they can be 5'8 and if I bend my knees the right way I can look 5'8. Haha. To be a theatre major and a Christian to have that kind of job would be a dream come true. Who all have auditioned and what's the experience like? Thanks!
    Last edited by Michkay; 07-22-2011 at 09:27 PM.

I'll also be doing the audition on the 31st... and I've done a few of the parade auditions, but I have no idea what to expect for "fur" character auditions... advice?

Okay, from what I've read, fur auditions are fairly simple. You get measured for your height, which puts you in a particular character range. If they are not casting for characters in that range, you will be dismissed. If you make it past this first round, you are then told what your two improvs will be. You are given a couple of minutes to practice what you want to do with the improvs before you are taught a dance. Everyone is led out of the room and you are brought in in groups of six. You perform the improvs and dance several times and if they liked you, they'll call you.
    I auditioned for WDWCP in Tennessee and I know a couple of people who were chosen for face from that audition (as well as many others who went on to fur). They did not fit anyone for wigs or costumes at that particular audition. Many did not know they got a character part until many weeks later via email. My friend didn't learn she got face until she got down there. However, I have heard of people who were fitted for face characters but they were not from the Tennessee audition and they were looking at a full time role at a CP audition. So, I guess it just depends on the particular audition if they have costumes or not. I will add though that 5'9" is a little tall for princesses, but I think it's in special consideration? I don't have though heights right in front of me anymore so I'm not 100% sure about that one! And they are very strict to those heights. You are measured standing straight against a wall. You should definitely still go though because you might get another character!

They measure you against a wall?! Why are they so strict on the heights? That makes me sad. I don't want to be a fur character though. Hmm. Are they as strict on the Disney cruise lines? They go up to 5'8. My height has never been something I've wished I didn't have but now I do!! Haha. But I read the princes are 5'11 to 6'2 and even there shortest prince would still have 2 inches on me. It makes me sad haha.

They are extremely strict about heights. It has to do with costuming reasons. The villains start at about 5'8", so you could be looking at the Evil Queen, Cruella DeVil, Maleficient, etc. Reguardless of if you're in princess height or not, you will have to work as fur as well. Cruise lines, I would imagine, are even more stringent on their height restrictions because they can't carry as many costumes onboard as Disney World has. I heard that there is a half inch rule, that if they really like you and you're a half inch taller/shorter than the role they may extend down and have you adjust the heel size, but I'm not completely sure about that. I'm in just the opposite boat as you; according to Disney, I am about an inch shorter than princess height! Personally, I think playing a villain would be more fun than a princess anyway. More freedom to make snarky comments and play with the children. Princesses are now confined to meals and they're building a Princess Fantasy Faire (look it up on youtube) so they very rarely get to walk around the parks anymore. Only certain princesses (Aurora, Belle, Mulan, Snow White, Jasmine, and very very rarely Pocahontas) get to meet and greet in Epcot's World Showcase and unfortunately I see this decreasing once PFF is finished. Rapunzel also does meet and greets, but they are confined to one location, as are Ariel and Tiana meets. Cinderella and the "classic" princesses (i.e. Cinderella, Aurora, Belle, Ariel, Snow White) are housed in a building on the Magic Kingdom. The villains have no real set location or times so they can wander around the park mostly at their own will. I have seen Cruella and the Queen all over Fantasyland and they are always able to spend more time with the children because they're lines aren't two hours long. Don't be upset about not being able to play a princess because you may find that it's a lot more fun to play the other characters!

Thank you so much Harpist for your information. You've been such a help and I very much appreciate it. I understand now the height restrictions coming from a costume point of view. A dress, length wise, won't look the same on a girl who is 5'5 as compared to someone else who is 5'9. I'm just sour becase it was such a goal of mine and I can't help my height. If it was my weight or my hair I could fix that. I even measured myself tonight to see if maybe, just maybe, I lost 2 inches but I didn't. Haha. And villains being tall makes sense because towering over a child must be scary to the child and if the princess is as tall/taller than the villains then she's not quite as scary. Haha. I've never thought about being a villain but it'd be a great opportunity. But I'm worried I wouldn't get that either because I'm so darn young looking. But an audition can't ever hurt because you never know what could come of it, you know?

Thank you again Harpist for your help and input. I'm assuming you work there? I remember reading your posts but the first 30 pages and last 10 pages all kind of mesh together from all the reading but I do remember reading some of your posts.

I'm sorry for the questions but you know so much and I'm loaded with curiosity. This is probably a dumb question but if you're a performer for the WDW shows are those princesses just as strict with the height? I'm a theatre major so I'd love to work with the musicals there but you know, being a tall circus freak I maybe too tall. haha. Thank you again, Harpist for your information!

No problem! And no, I don't work there-yet! Just have been interested a long time and have met some great people who have gone on to become Disney performers. My first love is costuming, followed closely by performing, so that's why I know about costume restrictions. Have you ever seen pictures of Lady Tremaine? She looks about twenty to thirty years younger in person than she does on film. I would also say that the performances probably are just as strict because then you can make the show's costumes from the same patterns/materials as the park's costumes. I met a girl who did Maleficent in the Fantasmic show in WDW and she was pretty tall too (compared to me at 5'2"!) but she said the shows are absolutely amazing to be a part of. Princesses don't get into the shows very much, and those that do are usually union parts and those require special auditions. Any show in which the character sings, that character is a union part and you can't get one just by going to a regular audition. I have never done research on what an union audition consists of because I can't sing so there really wasn't any point! Beauty and the Beast, The Voyage of the Little Mermaid, etc. would be union parts. Fantasmic is not and I don't think the Dream Along with Mickey castle show is, but I'm not sure how that one is casted. PFF, when completed, may or may not be union. Parades have their own auditions as well, and those auditions are based heavily on dancing ability. Once you are casted as a face character, you can cross train for parade though if you want to. I would say that your best bet would be to audition at a face or fur character audition first before deciding if you want to try for parade. There is a six month required wait between auditions, however that will give you time to work on what you feel you need to do in order to pass the next audition (if you didn't the first time!). Six months of dance can really make a difference. I would suggest focusing on jazz, as that was what my audition's routine was mostly based on. It's definitely a confidence booster when the auditioner calls out "jazz square" and you know exactly what it is! Or, if you want to focus on union, having those six months after your first audition should still help you prepare because I would assume that they require a dance and improv portion of the union audition as well.

Thank you Harpist! You've been such a help I could just hug you! You've imformed me so much! I actually went and YouTube'd all the villains and they look like they'd be so much fun. They're so snaky to the children, it's hilarious. And they can be sarcastic and I LOVE the Evil Queen's costume. I'm sure she's burning up because she's covered, head to toe almost, but she looks amazing. I found this video, and I don't know if you've seen it, but it's hilarious! It's the evil queen and the mad hatter and alice! It was so funny!!

Do they hold auditions a lot for the villains? Will it say, (On the disney auditions website) that they're specifically looking for villains or is it one of those I wont know till I get there things? That's IF I make it that far. Haha. It'd be a lot of fun and wonderful opportunity. Why are the princesses only being confined to certain areas? Thank you so much harpist for all your information and you've helped me to see I may not be able to be a princess but I can try to be a villain! Thank you!

Okay, so I'm going to start at the top and try to answer all of your questions!
    I am glad I could be so helpful to you! Just remember that everything I say is taken from stuff other people have told me. I have not experienced anything (except for my CP audition) in person, so I am not the most informatative person on this particular subject.
    I have seen that video while I was doing research on Alice and Wendy characters (face characters in my height range). It's absolutely amazing! I don't know the exact title of this other video I saw, but there is one where she's looking into a handheld mirror and she's getting mad at it because it doesn't talk to her. Most of these videos are taken in Disneyland though, not Disney World, because of the type of character interactions that take place there and not at WDW. I'll get around to the difference later though!
    The only time I specifically see them hold auditions for villains is while they're casting for the Halloween parties and for the cruise line. However, some characters are casted without being specifically mentioned in the auditions. Some characters are just pulled from the auditions that they have while looking for other characters. I have never seen them advertise that they're looking for villains, but they have to get new ones every so often so I know people are casted from the other auditions.
    Okay, now I'm backtracking a little bit. In order to understand why princesses (and the other characters) are confined to areas in WDW, you have to understand about Disneyland's character interactions. Most Disneyland characters are allowed to wander around the parks pretty much at their own free will. This has to do with the size of the park and how many people are present in the parks at any given time. Since there is less area in Disneyland and fewer people, the chances of a character performer getting mobbed or an interaction being missed between a child and their favorite character, are few. This is beginning to change though. WDW is so big and there are so many people there that in order for children to see Alice (or another character), parents feel like Alice has to meet in a certain place at a certain time. Princesses are some of the most sought-after characters, so they have to stay in a certain spot for certain times. Villains are allowed to wander around (to some extent) because more kids are looking for Cinderella than the Evil Queen.