Page 351 of 526 FirstFirst ... 251301326341348349350351352353354361376401451 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,265 of 7887

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Hi!
    Wow, I have read some really great information on here, I am auditioning for a character look-alike at WDW this Thursday!!! I did read that some audiitons are different than others but there is just SOO much to read on here, and sorry to be repetitive but I was wondering if anyone could help me out a bit...:O)

For the character look alikes, from what I have read the first cut is based off of appearance, then the next cut is dancing? I was just confused as to why the look-alikes would have to dance if they are not performers? I know Ive read that they may be required to do fur too, so maybe that's why? If auditioning for character look alikes do we have to do improv too?

Also, I do not know what to wear!!! I know I should be able to move around and be comfortable, but I wish I could see what others were wearing to get a better idea!

Any information would help!

Hello! Welcome to Micechat! From what I've read about face character auditions, the first cut is based off of a combination of your heights and looks. For example, if they're only looking for princess range characters (5'3"-5'7") and you're 5'0", even if you look dead-on Belle, you'll probably be cut because you are too short for Belle, they're not looking afor characters in your height range, and those characters that are in your range are about as far away from Belle as you can get (Alice, Wendy, and Tinkerbell are in that range). The dance portion of the audition is necessary not to see how well of a dancer you are, but to see how graceful and easily trainable you are. They also want to see how well you handle the pressure of doing something that you're not comfortable and how well you can pull it off. The dance gets harder and harder as it goes on and they're looking to see if you will just give up and get frustrated or if you will keep your composure. Improvs are also important in every audition because even as a face, you are still improving. There is no script for a face. You are expected to be able to play with the children, which are very expressive by nature. Also, sometimes you will be interacting with people who do not speak fluent English and you must still be able to communicate with them. The improvs require you to purposefully make a fool of yourself in front of strangers, so that shows the auditioners that you will not shrink back into a wallflower when you are put out on a set. Lastly, in WDW and possibly DLR, you train as a fur before you are allowed to go out as a face so knowing how to improv well is needed in order to pull of being a fur while training to be a face.
    As for what to wear, when I went to my audition I saw a variety of outfits. Some girls came in dresses (which I would not recommend) but most people came in lounge or dance clothes. I saw a lot of yoga pants and tee shirts and just as many shorts and leotards combos. I would say wear something that you feel comfortable in but that also shows your body to some extent.
    Hopefully this helps! Feel free to ask anything! Break a leg on Thursday too and let us know what happens!

I'd absolutely love to be a villain! It seems like so much fun! But alas I'm not even princess height so that'd never happen! Good luck to jojo and anyone else auditioning on thursday! I'm super jealous Also I was wondering what fur characters are in the 5'1/5'2 height range? I've seen several lists on the internet but they've all said different things so I'm not sure, I think it's mouse height but I'm not sure?

• Characters are my friends

Quote Originally Posted by maddiemousexo View Post
    I'd absolutely love to be a villain! It seems like so much fun! But alas I'm not even princess height so that'd never happen! Good luck to jojo and anyone else auditioning on thursday! I'm super jealous Also I was wondering what fur characters are in the 5'1/5'2 height range? I've seen several lists on the internet but they've all said different things so I'm not sure, I think it's mouse height but I'm not sure?
    About that height, you would be friends with Chip and Dale, and Pooh.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

Mickey and Minnie are a little shorter. I'm in the same range!

harpist thanks so much!! you are so very helpful :O))
    I'm nervous, but so excited!

Thank you harpist for all your help!!!!! Being a villain would be so much fun but my heart is in being a princess. I'm going to try for the cruises but I'm not going to hold my breath. But I can try and I can at least be a villain. I'd love to be The Evil Queen, her costume is awesome! Thank you harpist for all your help!

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    About that height, you would be friends with Chip and Dale, and Pooh.
    Thank you very much! Eek I'd love to be friends with pooh if i couldn't get face

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    Ah thank you hehe, what an awesome height it is !

• Characters are my friends

Yep. They end at 5'0
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

So I called the casting office, and they told me that the character performer audition on Sunday for Disneyland Resort will be pulling for both face and fur :-) I'm gunna go!!! I am soooooooooo nervous yet so excited at the same time! :-D
    * "Hey Mr. Crocodile! Do you like codfish?... Yo DOOO! hahahahahaha!"* <3

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDarling552 View Post
    So I called the casting office, and they told me that the character performer audition on Sunday for Disneyland Resort will be pulling for both face and fur :-) I'm gunna go!!! I am soooooooooo nervous yet so excited at the same time! :-D
    Eek good luck! I'm super jealous but excited for you! I'm sure you'll do great! Just remember to have fun with it and keep smiling! let us know how it goes

Be careful. The casting office when you call the hotline usually directs you to WDW and they don't know the information for Disneyland. I know for fact auditions tomorrow are ONLY for fur.

Very useful information, thanks a bunch harpist. I'm really interested in becoming a face character, but unfortunatley I'm underage I'm pretty good at improv, I've been in drama for about 5 years at school, but the dancing.. not so much. Also does anyone know if singing is a requirement for auditioning? Thanks and break a leg to everyone auditioning tmrw.. or today haha!

Singing is most definitely not a requirement unless you're auditioning for an union role (which you would be auditioning for because you want to sing)! I cannot sing at all! For the dancing parts, I think that you can completely bomb it but if you keep acting through it, it'll be okay. I've danced for 15 years now, and I couldn't keep up with the dance so I think they use the dance to separate the dancers from the actors from the "I don't know how to dance or act"-ors. If that made sense!

Singing is most definitely not a requirement unless you're auditioning for an union role (which you would be auditioning for because you want to sing)! I cannot sing at all! For the dancing parts, I think that you can completely bomb it but if you keep acting through it, it'll be okay. I've danced for 15 years now, and I couldn't keep up with the dance so I think they use the dance to separate the dancers from the actors from the "I don't know how to dance or act"-ors. If that made sense!
    Ahh that makes me happy, I'm fine with improv and acting, as I've been doing that for about 6 years, but dancing i'm a little rusty on. I did ballet when I was about 3-5 years old, then tap and modern, then I stopped, then I did ballroom for about a year, then I did cheerleading for 3 years but I'm not the best dancer, so I think I might take a few lessons prior to the audition, just to make it a little easier on myself And as for singing, that is a definite no!

Good luck to anyone auditioning today, even if it is only for fur