Page 352 of 531 FirstFirst ... 252302327342349350351352353354355362377402452 ... LastLast
Results 5,266 to 5,280 of 7951

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    Singing is most definitely not a requirement unless you're auditioning for an union role (which you would be auditioning for because you want to sing)! I cannot sing at all! For the dancing parts, I think that you can completely bomb it but if you keep acting through it, it'll be okay. I've danced for 15 years now, and I couldn't keep up with the dance so I think they use the dance to separate the dancers from the actors from the "I don't know how to dance or act"-ors. If that made sense!

Thank you once again harpist! Yeah, I might fit into the "I dont know how to dance actor" catergory haha! Yeah, maddiemous that's exactly my plan also! I think I'm gonna take some dancing classes prior to my audition and hopefully my jazz shoes will fit me when i do audition.

What if you're in-between 5'7 and 5'9? I feel like there is nothing in my height range

Princesses go up to 5'7", and then the villains start.

Thats so unfortunate... Should I bother going to the audition?

Absolutely! You never know what will happen!

• Prince

Hey all! Lots of useful information here, thanks! I was wondering if you all think I have the Disney look based on my profile picture and stats. I'm 6' 1' kind of tan skin (although it doesn't appear that way in my picture due to the lighting used) black hair and blue eyes.
    I just need to work on getting in shape a bit before my audition! haha I'm looking at going to one sometime in the early part of next year for possible summer work.
    So yeah let me know what you think! I should also mention that I have an acting/singing background and am currently being classically trained vocally in college (kind of irrelevant I realize haha). Have a magical day!
    "Dreams and plans are in the making. Success is out there for the taking..."

Sorry I haven't been on in a couple of days! I think you may actually have two different questions: do you have the Disney Look and who do you look like. As a rule, myself and other on here don't say who we think you look like. Everyone may have their own reasons for it, but I don't do it for a couple of reasons. One, pictures can be deceiving and I don't want to make a statement based off of one. Two, we don't know what the casting directors may think you look like so I don't want to give you hope that you look like someone only to have them not cast you as a character. On the flip side of that, I don't want to say I don't think you look like anyone and have you not go to an audition and miss out on an opportunity to be a character! The last reason is more psychological. If I say I think you look like Jasmine and you think Jasmine is ugly, that comparison may begin to warp your own view of yourself and, again, may make you decide not to attend an audition because you don't want to be casted as Jasmine. Petty reasons, I know, but they do make life easier!
    The question that you may or may not have meant to ask about the Disney Look I can answer. Disney regulates everything about how you look, from how you can wear your hair to how you are allowed to dress. The requirements for all of that can be found here: https://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sa...isneylook.html. It's through the College Program's website, but it's the same information.
    Break a leg at your audition! As a final note, it's nice to see a fellow Ohioan on here!

Like harpist said, we usually don't say what character you look like for one reason or another. For m, I basically have 2 reasons. 1. we really have NO IDEA what goes through the casting directors' heads! (thiugh we wish we did know) :P and 2. when some people hear 'well, you kind of look like Cinderella I guess' they end up thinking ' I look alot like Cinderella, if I'm ot cast as Cinderella, the casting directors are crazy because I LOOK LIKE CINDERELLA!! haha I'm not saying that everyone does that, I'm just saying that we are all really hopeful!
    Now, do you have the 'Disney Look' ? Again, I really can't say, because I have no idea what the casting directors look for, but I do see a few familiar features on your face that I may have seen on characters before, but that's all I'm going to say.
    BY the way, naturally black hair and naturally blue eyes? that's pretty cool!
    If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.

I know I would kill to have naturally blue eyes! Haha I have to pay for mine!

Hey guys I've been trying to read everything on this thread, but it so hard since there's so many pages. But I'm 17 right now and about to go into my last year in High School. As soon as I graduate I'm going to try out to be Alice. It's what I've always wanted to do. Disneyland has always been my happy place, and no matter what was going on in my life, whenever I stepped foot into Disneyland, I was happy. And I really want to be apart of that magic and make other people happy. Hopefully you can see my picture (If not please check out my profile and see my pic and tell me what you think). I have natural blue eyes. Everyone thinks I were contacts because my eyes are so blue haha. Dirty blonde hair (but right now it's died brown). I've been acting all my life and been dancing since I was 2 and a half. I love acting, dancing, singing, and writing haha. It's my dream job, I would love getting up every morning to dress up as Alice and make children's dreams come true. Plus I can do a really good British accent. Do you guess see me as Alice/Wendy?

---------- Post added 08-07-2011 at 01:09 AM ----------

Oh, and I'm 5'1" so I'm the perfect height

I'm really thinking about auditioning for Snow White, and have recently portrayed Snow White for Birthday Parties in my area. Please explain the audition process, and PLEASE if you can evaluate my picture as her in my PROFILE PICS album. Thanks!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by believe1323 View Post
    Hey guys I've been trying to read everything on this thread, but it so hard since there's so many pages. But I'm 17 right now and about to go into my last year in High School. As soon as I graduate I'm going to try out to be Alice. It's what I've always wanted to do. Disneyland has always been my happy place, and no matter what was going on in my life, whenever I stepped foot into Disneyland, I was happy. And I really want to be apart of that magic and make other people happy. Hopefully you can see my picture (If not please check out my profile and see my pic and tell me what you think). I have natural blue eyes. Everyone thinks I were contacts because my eyes are so blue haha. Dirty blonde hair (but right now it's died brown). I've been acting all my life and been dancing since I was 2 and a half. I love acting, dancing, singing, and writing haha. It's my dream job, I would love getting up every morning to dress up as Alice and make children's dreams come true. Plus I can do a really good British accent. Do you guess see me as Alice/Wendy?

---------- Post added 08-07-2011 at 01:09 AM ----------

Oh, and I'm 5'1" so I'm the perfect height

I'm pretty positive you were in my P.E. class last semester…. hahahah. What a small world.

Hi all
    I just managed to read this whole thread ~o.o

I still have two more years until i'm old enough to go audition, but as soon as a I turn 18 I'll be there :P But i have a couple questions..
    1. I'm multi-racial (meaning half Italian, and half Caribbean) so i have tanish skin. because of that i'll only be able to audition for Jasmine and Poca right ? ?
    2. Accoriding to my sister, I don't have the face shape to be a disney princess, is a round face accepted usually O.o
    3. and what if you can't dance to sace your life ??

thanks for the help

Really? What's your name? School?

---------- Post added 08-10-2011 at 11:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Wonderland View Post
    I'm pretty positive you were in my P.E. class last semester…. hahahah. What a small world.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by believe1323 View Post

---------- Post added 08-10-2011 at 11:15 PM ----------

I sent it in a private message