Page 359 of 531 FirstFirst ... 259309334349356357358359360361362369384409459 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 7955

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

I just did an audition yesterday and made it all the way to the wigging and costume....does that mean I have a pretty good shot at it?? I am impatient lol

Is anyone going to the Face Character auditions tonight or tomorrow at Disneyland Anaheim for Hong Kong? I'm wondering how many people will be there since it is out of country...

Smile Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Hey guys!! i'm brand new to these forums but every since i was a kid i wanted to work for Disney haha
    But i have a few questions!
    I live in Canada atm but i have dual citizenship/American SIN number. Would it be better to move to california for awhile then apply (i love the heat haha, not just for disney) or take a trip there and apply and see what happens. I have heard of people having to wait long periods of time before they hear anything but it would be very expensive to go there for a trip, go home, then come back to move lol. What would be a better idea?
    Also i don't know if i even have what it takes. Even if i worked on a ride or something that would be amazing haha
    also i am kind of paranoid that i don't have what it takes to get in. i am 5''5-ish but i feel that my smile is a tad crooked, my lips are really small, and i have a few chicken pox scars on my forehead but their pretty invisible

ANYHOO here is an older picture of me, wearing makeup and my eyebrows are penciled in really dark to match the dyed hair lol
    lol sorry for the rambling
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Sutsurikeru View Post
    Is anyone going to the Face Character auditions tonight or tomorrow at Disneyland Anaheim for Hong Kong? I'm wondering how many people will be there since it is out of country...
    I had a few friends go, and they said there were about 80 the first day and 65 the second, so pretty small as far as auditions go

---------- Post added 11-21-2011 at 02:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SarahBear View Post
    Hey guys!! i'm brand new to these forums but every since i was a kid i wanted to work for Disney haha
    But i have a few questions!
    I live in Canada atm but i have dual citizenship/American SIN number. Would it be better to move to california for awhile then apply (i love the heat haha, not just for disney) or take a trip there and apply and see what happens. I have heard of people having to wait long periods of time before they hear anything but it would be very expensive to go there for a trip, go home, then come back to move lol. What would be a better idea?
    Also i don't know if i even have what it takes. Even if i worked on a ride or something that would be amazing haha
    also i am kind of paranoid that i don't have what it takes to get in. i am 5''5-ish but i feel that my smile is a tad crooked, my lips are really small, and i have a few chicken pox scars on my forehead but their pretty invisible

ANYHOO here is an older picture of me, wearing makeup and my eyebrows are penciled in really dark to match the dyed hair lol
    lol sorry for the rambling
    I personally think moving is easiest because auditions can be posted with only a few weeks notice, so it's easy to be close... but at the same time, it might be safer just to take a trip and see how it goes. Whatever you think fits your situation best!
    Also, 5'5 is an excellent height if your dream is to be a princess! Honestly, no one knows exactly what Disney is looking for (except for the casting directors)... I've seen many characters, and some of them you do have to wonder how they got the job... others are perfect. Just from seeing a bunch of characters though, I think you do have those big eyes they really like... I could totally see you as an Ariel, Cinderella, or Rapunzel!
    Last edited by disneydancer618; 11-21-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Thank you for the reply disneydancer618!
    and i agree on the moving part it probably is the best choice
    and do yo think it is a problem if i have brown eyes? they are yellow/greenish but way mostly brown. do they use color contacts at the park?

and do yo think it is a problem if i have brown eyes? they are yellow/greenish but way mostly brown. do they use color contacts at the park?
    I've found it to be fairly obvious that some girls are wearing color contacts...

• Sock Puppet

I have the same problem! My eyes are brown and i'm 5'1, so the only characters I can be all have blue eyes. But after research, and seeing for myself, yes in fact characters do wear contacts. So don't be down about your eye color! Also, your lucky because at least you have an automatic chance with Belle or something. But when I first saw your picture I thought, Ariel. xx

• Disney is home

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Wonderland View Post
    I have the same problem! My eyes are brown and i'm 5'1, so the only characters I can be all have blue eyes. But after research, and seeing for myself, yes in fact characters do wear contacts. So don't be down about your eye color! Also, your lucky because at least you have an automatic chance with Belle or something. But when I first saw your picture I thought, Ariel. xx
    I thought Ariel too. Of course, the real test is once the wig is on.

Thanks for the kind words Donald1980 & Alice In Wonderland!
    And just a question, has anyone tried just applying to work in the park as say, a ride attendant or working at one of the stores there? I want to work there so bad, and even if i can't be a FC i would love to still be a part of the Disney team.

• Disney is home

I actually currently work there.

Who else is going to the auditions on Dec. 17th for the disney cruise line??

ANNNNDDD does anybody know how to do a resume and what your headshot is supposed to look like?? I've never had to provide them before so I don't know what to do haha

Lyssy, didn't you audition less than 6 months ago? Or am I thinking of someone else? Headshot & resume aren't really needed. At my audition, they didn't ask for them. Even those of us who made it past the first round. If you really want to, just have a photo taken and print it out at home or Walmart/CVS photo center. 8x10 is good. I would only bring a resume if you have acting experience. They didn't care to know about my unrelated past jobs. :P And I meant to add, I know on the audition page it says they want a headshot & resume, but they didn't bother with them when I was there. Do you have any musical background? The cruise auditions are a lot tougher than the regular look a like ones.
    Last edited by Emsipoo; 12-01-2011 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emsipoo View Post
    Lyssy, didn't you audition less than 6 months ago? Or am I thinking of someone else?
    DLR and DCL normally aren't as strict about how many months you have in between each audition as WDW. In fact, I've had an audition during which they encouraged us to come back two weeks later for another audition.

Quote Originally Posted by Emsipoo View Post
    Lyssy, didn't you audition less than 6 months ago? Or am I thinking of someone else? Headshot & resume aren't really needed. At my audition, they didn't ask for them. Even those of us who made it past the first round. If you really want to, just have a photo taken and print it out at home or Walmart/CVS photo center. 8x10 is good. I would only bring a resume if you have acting experience. They didn't care to know about my unrelated past jobs. :P And I meant to add, I know on the audition page it says they want a headshot & resume, but they didn't bother with them when I was there. Do you have any musical background? The cruise auditions are a lot tougher than the regular look a like ones.

yeh I did but those auditions were for Disneyland resort. this would be the first time I've auditioned for DCL so I'm not exactly sure how the audition proccess goes. I feel so clueless haha. and when I was reading the audition info it said they wanted a resume and headshot... I dont have much acting experience and I've only had two jobs ever (being that I only just turned 18 last week so nobody wanted to hire a minor before then) so I'm not exactly sure what to put on the resume besides those two jobs... AND as for headshots... what should they look like? I've never had headshots done before. and I doubt high school senior pics count haha

• I won't grow up!

lyssy do a google search for theatrical resume and theatrical headshot. If you want to get head shots done, sometimes the price is moderate, sometimes they are pricey.

You also might want to look into doing a few community theatre roles, and maybe take some singing lessons. For DCL that can make all the difference (obviously this info is for future reference). DCL doesn't just cast people for face characters, they also perform in the shows.

Break a Leg!

Working daily to infect my two little princesses with Disney obsession