Page 360 of 531 FirstFirst ... 260310335350357358359360361362363370385410460 ... LastLast
Results 5,386 to 5,400 of 7955

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by Rose Red View Post
    lyssy do a google search for theatrical resume and theatrical headshot. If you want to get head shots done, sometimes the price is moderate, sometimes they are pricey.

You also might want to look into doing a few community theatre roles, and maybe take some singing lessons. For DCL that can make all the difference (obviously this info is for future reference). DCL doesn't just cast people for face characters, they also perform in the shows.

Break a Leg!

How much does it usually cost to get them done?

and I was in community theater for about two years but that was a few years ago and then I just did school plays because I didn't have the time or money to be in the community theater group anymore. I have been dancing since I was in 8th grade and all throughout high school and I'm currently taking ballet at my college. I have also been taking private voice lessons for about 4 months now. I know compared to others its not that much but do you think I still have a chance?? I mean we all have to start somewhere right?

I am not old enough to audition now, but it is my dream to be a face character at Disneyland! Belle or Ariel are my favorites. I am 5 feet 5 inches, with blue eyes and brown hair. I have fair skin and I am about a size 6. I will post pictures of me as Disney princesses, because I go to local little girls' birthday parties as various Princesses and sing and act. I have been trained in voice and acting for several years, and dance for 2 years (jazz and ballet). what would be the things to do to help my chances of being accepted and impressing the people who choose the characters?

Rapunzel - Once Upon A Dream Princess Parties, North Idaho

Rapunzel - Once Upon A Dream Princess Parties, North Idaho

Belle - Once Upon A Dream Princess Parties, North Idaho

Belle - Once Upon A Dream Princess Parties, North Idaho
    Last edited by iluv2sing1995; 12-08-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Hello all I thought I would add my Aussie audition info for you all. I auditioned in Australia for Disney Hong Kong Princess Face Character. There were around 30-40 people and out of that only around 4 made it through to the second round. The first round being all movement/dance based. The second round from what I could see was more of the same.

I was surprised as I figured there would be some improv acting but as said above it seemed to be all easy movement steps and smiles.

What I found was they had a certain look they were going for, this time around it was petite 5ft or so girls with what I call a Tinkerbell look to them. Go with a smile on your face a little bit of dance or movement background would help. Just remember You could be a professional dancer or one with no dancing experience it does not matter, you just have to have the look that they are wanting at that time. Smile and have fun and never give up on your dreams there is always next time:-)

Okay. Hi, I'm new. I'm just going to throw out a few quick questions.

1. 5'3", not sure if I'm on the taller or shorter side so let's just say a solid 5'3". Face character wise is this too short for princesses and too tall for alice or wendy. And way too tall for tink?

2. I'm pretty petite. Like, 32-24-34, and fit about a 0 or 2. I know there is a fear of characters appearing too thin. I fit a small dress size but I don't look skinny minnie because i'm all around petite. But would I not fit into the dresses?

3. If i'm canadian am I automatically stuck in epcot? Same even if I apply through the cp? slash, is the college program even available to all schools?

Really I'm just fantasizing about the idea right now. I'm canadian, in a competitive school on my 2nd year of a degree, and I've got this whole plan involving internships and my career and such. But I also take my summers to be a camp counselor. And I love it so much. And I love acting, but I didn't see it taking me anywhere if I pursued it.
    It's something I'd really love to do if it was a feasable possibility, I mean i'm not going to drop everything to move to california for a 15/h gig. BUt I kinda still want to so bad. Gah!

Quote Originally Posted by alison wonderland View Post
    Okay. Hi, I'm new. I'm just going to throw out a few quick questions.
    I know I haven't posted on here in awhile, but I think I can help answer some of your questions. You are actually in princess height, but on the shorter end. Alice/Wendy/Tink are 4'11"-5'2" and princesses are 5'3"-5'7". I know a girl who got accepted at WDW as a princess friend and she is 5'3" "and some". I am not sure about the dress sizes, I've heard so many different things, but Disney would be able to tell by looking at you if you would fit. I've seen some very tiny princesses, but I will try to find that out for you. In order to work anywhere in the parks (and not through the CP) you will need to get a visa. The International CP is only offered through WDW, in Florida. I think you may have the CP confused with another international internship. There is a program (I can't remember the name of it) where you live in Florida for a full year and work in Epcot in your respective country. It is not a part of the CP and you can only work in your country. The International CP allows you to live at WDW for 3-9 months and you can work anywhere in the parks. Again, you will need a visa to work there. WDW allows CPs to be characters, but you will have to attend an audition and they are only in the US. The CP does not require you to go to certain schools and they also don't check GPAs or anything like that. It is just up to your school to decide if you can go or not. Disneyland (in California) also has a CP, but it's harder to get into and they do not offer character roles.

Quote Originally Posted by lyssyloo View Post
    How much does it usually cost to get them done?

and I was in community theater for about two years but that was a few years ago and then I just did school plays because I didn't have the time or money to be in the community theater group anymore. I have been dancing since I was in 8th grade and all throughout high school and I'm currently taking ballet at my college. I have also been taking private voice lessons for about 4 months now. I know compared to others its not that much but do you think I still have a chance?? I mean we all have to start somewhere right?
    Hey girl! I think I am going to go to the DCL audition. I haven't completely decided though. I just moved here from Orlando, FL .. where I used to work for Disney World. This would be my first audition out here. I've gained quite a bit of weight since I moved here. But not to the point of being out of size range. Just bigger than I am happy with. I am 5'4" which is a tricky height because I fall into the fairy and princess range. I have A LOT of friends that are face/fur character in FL and most of them are my height. Disney usually makes exceptions with height by 1 or 2 inches if they think you really play the part. I know a girl who is friends with Tinkerbell at 5'2".. I also know a few fairies that are over 5'5". I also talked to a girl that told me Alice and Wendy have gone from 5'2" being the tallest.. to 5'4". So I am hoping I will have an advantage since I sorta meet the height requirement for all of them. I've been in the character pool twice, and only made it to costume fitting once. I also heard the DCL audition is A LOT harder. A lot more dancing is involved apparently. I am really nervous because the competition is a lot bigger out here in Hollywood.

*about the headshots. I actually am a amateur photographer. Ive only just started out, but I am starting to put together a portfolio. I am charging $50 for headshots if you are interested. I can do 100-150 shots, with 2-3 outfit changes. If you are interested and live in the Hollywood area send me a message!

Goodluck! Maybe I will see you there!

Hey everyone,

I've auditioned once before for a face character audition and got pulled to the second round but was then cut. I live in PA and I'm planning to go back down to WDW for New years and wanted to audition again while I'm there, but the audition that thursday is for "parade character performers." Does anyone know if they pull face characters at these auditions as well? Or is the audition purely just for 'parade performers'?

Quote Originally Posted by Maureen7 View Post
    Hey girl! I think I am going to go to the DCL audition. I haven't completely decided though. I just moved here from Orlando, FL .. where I used to work for Disney World. This would be my first audition out here. I've gained quite a bit of weight since I moved here. But not to the point of being out of size range. Just bigger than I am happy with. I am 5'4" which is a tricky height because I fall into the fairy and princess range. I have A LOT of friends that are face/fur character in FL and most of them are my height. Disney usually makes exceptions with height by 1 or 2 inches if they think you really play the part. I know a girl who is friends with Tinkerbell at 5'2".. I also know a few fairies that are over 5'5". I also talked to a girl that told me Alice and Wendy have gone from 5'2" being the tallest.. to 5'4". So I am hoping I will have an advantage since I sorta meet the height requirement for all of them. I've been in the character pool twice, and only made it to costume fitting once. I also heard the DCL audition is A LOT harder. A lot more dancing is involved apparently. I am really nervous because the competition is a lot bigger out here in Hollywood.

*about the headshots. I actually am a amateur photographer. Ive only just started out, but I am starting to put together a portfolio. I am charging $50 for headshots if you are interested. I can do 100-150 shots, with 2-3 outfit changes. If you are interested and live in the Hollywood area send me a message!

Goodluck! Maybe I will see you there!

you should go! you've got nothing to loose! and it will be a fun experience and I'm 5'3"1/2 but I just put 5'3" on my resume. they do measure you when you sign in tho and they cut people who don't meet height requirements. but if you are half or one inch above or below the requirement then you might be an exception. (thats what they did for me hehe) are you a strong dancer?

I live like 5 mins away from disneyland so thats not exactly in the hollywood area but its not too far. I just got my headshots redone too! but I'll remember you for next time!

---------- Post added 12-16-2011 at 12:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ldh5086 View Post
    Hey everyone,

I've auditioned once before for a face character audition and got pulled to the second round but was then cut. I live in PA and I'm planning to go back down to WDW for New years and wanted to audition again while I'm there, but the audition that thursday is for "parade character performers." Does anyone know if they pull face characters at these auditions as well? Or is the audition purely just for 'parade performers'?

I went to a parade performer audition for DCA and they pulled me out and had me read a script for rapunzel. so I'm assuming they do... but probs not all the time so don't count on it. it took me completely by surprise when they pulled me out for a face character.

I went to the audition for the DCL and i got the job!!! I'm so freakin excited!!

• Curiouser

I went to the audition for the DCL and i got the job!!! I'm so freakin excited!!
    Wow! Congrats!

---------- Post added 12-20-2011 at 05:47 PM ----------

Also, I plan on auditioning when I move down to Anaheim next year, and I was wondering if anyone could give any tips? The process seems to have changed A LOT from the last time I was planning on auditioning (I was 18, and I'm 21 now), and what I could be expecting?

And here's a picture of me... maybe I look too old now? I'm sure one of you guys would know!

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/erinlaruephoto/305905_10150359542454994_511954993_10127065_156163 0_n.jpg

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/erinlaruephoto/33589_10150092202238448_730408447_7283785_5684466_ n.jpg

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/y...25209178_n.jpg

I know they're not the best, but they're the most recent I have!

Thanks!

Congrats!!! I have a friend going too, you guys will be co-workers do you know yet what "friends" you'll be making??

Congratulations! How was the audition? I wanted to go but wasn't able to make the trip Definitely planning on the next time though!

Yeah I'm so confused cause they just changed what they're looking for from "parade performers" to "character performers and parade performers"... I'm not really sure whether or not to go because of the whole 6 month rule thing but one of my friends from my College Program got cast as snow white at a regular character performer audition. I want to be a face character more than anything, as I'm sure many of you understand Do you have any advice on what to wear/ how to do my hair/ how much makeup to wear? I've only ever been to face auditions.
    This is what I look like btw haha

PS congrats on DCL! What is your role?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

• ~*~Just a dream away~*~

going to the DL Anaheim Face audition on 1/8 SOO NERVOUS! ITS TOTALLY MY DREAM and the reason I moved to Anaheim! Im 5'0 possibly a little shorter and a size 0/2 what are my odds for tink/wendy/alice?? what kinds of details do they look most closely for?
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings

So does anybody know what the Disney Character auditions are for? Not the look-alike audition on the 8th, but the audition on the 7th. I wish I could go to both, but I would only be able to go on the 7th.