Page 361 of 548 FirstFirst ... 261311336351358359360361362363364371386411461 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,415 of 8213

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

The character auditions are for the "fuzzies" or the fully costumed characters

Disneydreams- Anaheim really likes Alice/Wendy/Tink to have naturally blue eyes. I have seen some that wear contacts, but that means they look dead-on the character. You're in the right height range, so I wouldn't worry about that. I would suggest looking up some current friends of Alice/Wendy/Tink because they have to match you to them. Like, if most of them have rounded, heart-shaped faces that's probably what they are looking for right now. Granted, that can change. Carebear was rounded while Gingersnap has a longer face. Also know that they may not even be looking for those three right now so even if they don't choose you, doesn't mean they don't think you look like them.
    Cierra- Disney character auditions are mostly for fur characters. I say mostly because sometimes they do pull for face, but they are primarily looking for fur. I would still highly recommend you go to it, because all face characters have to learn fur anyways and you go back and forth between the two. Monday you may friends with Pluto, Tuesday Belle. If you get hired as a fur, you can make it known that you would like to do face and audition whenever a position becomes available. Plus, you'll know exactly who they're looking for before everyone else and can prepare for it! Like, if a princess friend just left and they're looking for someone to replace her, and you're not that height range, you can not go to the audition. Or if you are, you can attend and talk to other friends beforehand and find out how they got their job.
    Best of luck to you both!

• ~*~Just a dream away~*~

thanks for the info harpist, do you recommend getting color contact lenses ??
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings

Quote Originally Posted by disneydancer618 View Post
    Congrats!!! I have a friend going too, you guys will be co-workers do you know yet what "friends" you'll be making??

No way! who is it?? and Im going to be on the disney magic! what ship will they be on? and yes I do tho I'd rather not say on here you know how it is haha

---------- Post added 12-26-2011 at 05:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ldh5086 View Post
    Yeah I'm so confused cause they just changed what they're looking for from "parade performers" to "character performers and parade performers"... I'm not really sure whether or not to go because of the whole 6 month rule thing but one of my friends from my College Program got cast as snow white at a regular character performer audition. I want to be a face character more than anything, as I'm sure many of you understand Do you have any advice on what to wear/ how to do my hair/ how much makeup to wear? I've only ever been to face auditions.
    This is what I look like btw haha

PS congrats on DCL! What is your role?

If its for Character performers that perform in parades then they might pull people out for face characters. its best if you are a strong dancer because then you have the advantage. theres a face character audition for DL coming up you should go to that if you can

and thank you! I cant say what my role is on here. rules.. bleh.. haha

DisneyDreams- I would not recommend getting contacts, especially for the audition. I used to wear blue colored contacts (I have naturally brown eyes) and you could really tell that they were contacts. Not to mention if you get them from the wrong place you could really mess up your eyes. Disney can tell by looking at you if they can deal with your eyes not being naturally blue. Since there are girls there that don't have blue eyes, it's proof that Disney will work with you if they want you. I have also seen two pictures of Alice with brown eyes (both from WDW) so they, at least, are fairly leniant on that rule if they like your face. If they don't like your face, the blue contacts won't help you and it would be a waste of money.

• ~*~Just a dream away~*~

thanks for the tip now, how to know if they might like my face lol
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings

Haha go to flickr and look up something like "Disneyland Alice" or "Disneyland Wendy". From there, have the website organise the results as "recent". There is a thing to do that on the left, right above the first picture. You can then see the face shapes of the Alice/Wendy/Tinks that are currently working there and compare them to your own.

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    Haha go to flickr and look up something like "Disneyland Alice" or "Disneyland Wendy". From there, have the website organise the results as "recent". There is a thing to do that on the left, right above the first picture. You can then see the face shapes of the Alice/Wendy/Tinks that are currently working there and compare them to your own.
    Hahahaha story of my life :P i do that so much

---------- Post added 12-29-2011 at 03:42 PM ----------

W
    Quote Originally Posted by lyssyloo View Post
    I went to the audition for the DCL and i got the job!!! I'm so freakin excited!!
    Wow! Congrats thats awesome! You'll have so much fun
    If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.

I'm a new member and I was following along with the rest of the posts and like many of you, when I'm old enough to audition, I would like to audition for Alice in Wonderland. Currently I'm 5'2" and three quarters :\ Let's say if I got to 5'3" or possibly 5'4" do you think I would get cut first round? My mom says I'll probably be 5'6" when I'm 16 though. But do you think they would allow a height of 5'3" and maybe a half if that's the height I came to or anything?

• Characters are my friends

That might be too tall for Alice, unfortunately
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL DreamJan 20-24, 2014: DCL MagicFeb 17/18, 2015 AS Music

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

Hello! I can tell you that at 5'6", you'd for sure be too tall for Alice. I have heard however, of something called Disney height. Im not positive if it is real, or just a rumour, maybe somebody else hear knows... but basically, disney height says you are an inch shorter than you really are. So if you were 5'3", you would be considered 5'2". Again, im not sure it this is true or not, but it would allow you to get up to 5'3" for Alice, even if the cutoff is "5'2""

Quote Originally Posted by Aliceswonderland View Post
    Hello! I can tell you that at 5'6", you'd for sure be too tall for Alice. I have heard however, of something called Disney height. Im not positive if it is real, or just a rumour, maybe somebody else hear knows... but basically, disney height says you are an inch shorter than you really are. So if you were 5'3", you would be considered 5'2". Again, im not sure it this is true or not, but it would allow you to get up to 5'3" for Alice, even if the cutoff is "5'2""

I sure hope you're right! And btw 5'6" was just a guess from my mom.. I'm hoping I'll be shorter than that which is something I never thought I'd say, haha, but I never wanted to be so short that I have to look up to see all these people. :P I guess I'll just have to see in a few years :'\

• Sock Puppet

Good luck to everyone auditioning at DLR for the look-alikes, and character performers! Depresses me that I'm still too young for now! A little less then two years for me until I'm eligible. Have fun! xo

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Wonderland View Post
    Good luck to everyone auditioning at DLR for the look-alikes, and character performers! Depresses me that I'm still too young for now! A little less then two years for me until I'm eligible. Have fun! xo
    Darn it, me too. I'm pretty sure we're the same age. That means we'll audition together! If we lived in florida we could already audition because the age limit is lower. Oh well, more time to prepare i guess!

---------- Post added 12-31-2011 at 12:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MaddieMaddie View Post
    I sure hope you're right! And btw 5'6" was just a guess from my mom.. I'm hoping I'll be shorter than that which is something I never thought I'd say, haha, but I never wanted to be so short that I have to look up to see all these people. :P I guess I'll just have to see in a few years :'\
    I suppose you could try dping a height calculator online. It wouldnt be completely accurate, but probably closer than a guess. Even if you do get much taller, there's nothing wrong with being a princess!

Does anyone know if there are any face or fur character that a 6'1'' guy could be? i know goffy can be tall but are they that tall? Can any of the princes be my hight, and will it do any good to be to tall but have a very simular face?