Page 362 of 534 FirstFirst ... 262312337352359360361362363364365372387412462 ... LastLast
Results 5,416 to 5,430 of 8001

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

I think that just depends on the person measuring you. When I go to the doctor's, they measure me at 5'2" 1/2" and Disney has measured me at 5'1" 15/16" and 5'2"1/2". But I also know people who were measured above and below their natural height.
    They also have different measuring tools. The first time I was measured with an electronic thing (it looked like a support for a shelf, just a little triangular shaped thing that they placed above your head and it digitally spit out a reading). The second time was a tape measure taped to the wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliceswonderland View Post
    Hello! I can tell you that at 5'6", you'd for sure be too tall for Alice. I have heard however, of something called Disney height. Im not positive if it is real, or just a rumour, maybe somebody else hear knows... but basically, disney height says you are an inch shorter than you really are. So if you were 5'3", you would be considered 5'2". Again, im not sure it this is true or not, but it would allow you to get up to 5'3" for Alice, even if the cutoff is "5'2""

• Minion

Hi everyone

What would a male wear to an audition? Ive seen loads of stuff for what girls would wear but not boys.

Does anyone know?

---------- Post added 01-02-2012 at 06:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Natenob View Post
    Does anyone know if there are any face or fur character that a 6'1'' guy could be? i know goffy can be tall but are they that tall? Can any of the princes be my hight, and will it do any good to be to tall but have a very simular face?

Goofy, Captain Hook, Baloo, the Genie, Brer Bear, Woody, the Queen of Harts, Frollo, Green Army Men and Mr. Incredible are all about your height.

I think Princes stop at 6'0'' but you might just pass for one, but I really dont know.

Natenob- I can't get on the Disney auditions website right now (stupid computer!) but I think Goofy goes up that high, villains, Beast (?), and probably the princes.

---------- Post added 01-02-2012 at 10:51 AM ----------

[QUOTE=ssaamm;1056683271]Hi everyone

What would a male wear to an audition? Ive seen loads of stuff for what girls would wear but not boys.

Does anyone know?

---------- Post added 01-02-2012 at 06:39 PM ----------

When I went to my auditions, I saw a couple of different outfits guys wore. Some came in nice jeans (one guy even wore a button-down vest) but they were mostly looking for face only. If you have dance experience, I would suggest a T-shirt and pants that you can move in (not jeans).

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post

When I went to my auditions, I saw a couple of different outfits guys wore. Some came in nice jeans (one guy even wore a button-down vest) but they were mostly looking for face only. If you have dance experience, I would suggest a T-shirt and pants that you can move in (not jeans).
    If I didnt have any dance experience should I still wear a T-shirt and pants I can move in?

• bookwormgirl

is 5ft7 to tall to be considerd for a princess?

I would definitely recommend the T-shirt and moveable pants. It'll make the movement routines so much easier than trying to do them in jeans.
    Princessbelle- I think I heard that princess height goes up to 5'7", so you should be fine!

Hi there! So I'm auditioning in Feb for CP character auditions but I have a few questions for people who have auditioned-
    First, I hear that WDW and DR are quite different in how the auditions go? Can any WDW cast members tell me exactly how those auditions went, especially how the improv (acting/miming) part went.
    Secondly, I'm pretty freaked out for the improv part mostly because I don't know what to expect so if people from either the WDW or DL auditions (but mostly WDW ) could tell me what types of things they had you act out that would help a lot!
    Finally, if I am planning on going in the Fall is Feb a good time to plan on auditioning? Thanks so much!

Are you auditioning for the CP or are you just going to the CP auditions in order to get hired full/part time or seasonal?

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    Are you auditioning for the CP or are you just going to the CP auditions in order to get hired full/part time or seasonal?
    I'm auditioning for the CP

Are you sure that the auditions are then? I couldn't find any information about them. Usually the auditions are held in March because it's six moneths after the previous ones (WDW requires a six month lull between auditions). But since you're auditioning for the CP, I can answer some of the questions! The CP auditions are only held twice a year, usually in March and October. The ones in March are specifically for the fall/fall advantage programs, so auditioning then would be your only option if you want to go on the program in the fall. If you're applying for fall, you may want to consider fall advantage. I know several people last year who applied for entertainment fall and were asked to switch to fall advantage. I've auditioned twice for the CP, both times in Nashville, so I can tell you that the CP auditions are set up a little bit differently than regular auditions. CP auditions are looking for characters for meet and greets, shows, and parades, as well as dancers. So they have you learn a dance as well as animate but no cuts are made based off of your look. Usually, they will not wig you or anything, even if you are being considered for face. The animations are simple, everyday things, like changing a tire or washing a dog. The idea is to make it big and funny while still telling the story.

Thank you so much! I thought about doing the fall advantage because I'd love to be there longer than the typical fall internship but I can't find any info about how long it is? (Plus the parents aren't too excited about even taking a semester off as it is lol)

Harpist- i think the website might be down, it hasn't been working for me either
    If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.

Oh and also I almost forgot: I talked to a entertainment CM that did the program in 2006 and she said that for her improv they went in as groups, got their scenario, then had a few minutes to practice then it was go-time. However I also read on a board somewhere that for their audition they had to do the improv across the floor as someone yelled out different scenarios? I was just wondering, from someone that has auditioned recently, if yours were like either of those?
    Thanks again and sorry if that's not exactly clear

Random question, but does anyone know how to make this stop saying "new member"? Because I'm pretty sure I 'm not a new member... :P
    If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.

• Characters are my friends

Quote Originally Posted by RissaColie View Post
    Thank you so much! I thought about doing the fall advantage because I'd love to be there longer than the typical fall internship but I can't find any info about how long it is? (Plus the parents aren't too excited about even taking a semester off as it is lol)
    Fall Advantage is aprox 7 months

Quote Originally Posted by Aliceswonderland View Post
    Random question, but does anyone know how to make this stop saying "new member"? Because I'm pretty sure I 'm not a new member... :P
    It's based on the amount of posts you have (I think). Where are you seeing it?
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09