Page 363 of 535 FirstFirst ... 263313338353360361362363364365366373388413463 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,445 of 8019

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Rissacolie- Advantage starts in May/June and goes through the beginning of Jan. And my personal two experiences were more like the first one in your scenario.
    Aliceswonderland- mine hasn't been working for months but I can still access it on my dad's computer. And as for the new member thing, I just logged on one day and it was gone. I think it has to do with the number of posts though and not how long you've been a member.

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Quote Originally Posted by Aliceswonderland View Post
    Random question, but does anyone know how to make this stop saying "new member"? Because I'm pretty sure I 'm not a new member... :P
    Once you hit 50 posts it'll go away =)

• bookwormgirl

im 5ft7 have hazel eyes and a small nose i really want to try for belle

Hey everyone!
    Im auditioning at DLR this Sunday, January 8th, at their look-alike audition. This is my DREAM and it's my first Disney audition. I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips?
    The only princess/character I really look like is Belle, our eye color is almost exact and we have similar face shape. I'm worried that I might be a bit too short, I'm 5'4, MAYBE 5'5. If I was great for a role in every other aspect, would they be willing to make an exception and strap some heels on me? Haha.
    I do have theatre experience and experience working with kids. I also worry that I might be too young to be seriously considered though; I'm 18. I have been told I look older, however. I also have a person letting me use them as a reference who's seen me perform, and she's pretty high up at DLR. will that help me at all?
    Also, what should I wear? I've gotten many mixed signals on this. Some people said a dress, others said business casual, others said nice dance clothes. Opinions? also, would character shoes be appropriate?
    I would have a profile picture but I made this account from my phone haha.
    Also, is anyone else going this Sunday?

5'4" is princess height, so you should be fine. I would suggest wearing nice dance clothes and if you're comfortable in character shoes, go ahead and wear them. If you have a reference, definitely add it to your application.

• ~*~Just a dream away~*~

im going I called the disney jobs hotline and they told me clothes that are easy to move around in incase they want to consider you for a "face / dance" type roll.
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings

• bookwormgirl

picture for reference

@harpist: thanks so much! I always think character shoes are the best haha. They look nice AND you can dance in them

@disneydreams: thank you for clearing that up! And that's awesome maybe I'll see you there but I doubt it...since there will be like, 1000 other people. Haha

somebody please look at my photo and tell me if you think i have a chance at tink/wendy/alice??? im sooo nervous!!!Name:  390369_2226475948064_1432747741_31843656_83775753_n.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  53.1 KB
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

• Curiouser

I definitely see you as Tink, DisneyDreams714!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreams714 View Post
    somebody please look at my photo and tell me if you think i have a chance at tink/wendy/alice??? im sooo nervous!!!Name:  390369_2226475948064_1432747741_31843656_83775753_n.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  53.1 KB
    You could be Tink. Don't stress. I know how you feel. I'm most concerned about making it past the first cut haha.

thanks guys! the first cut does sound scary , just being basically looked over with a magnifying glass!!
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

• Disney is home

Quote Originally Posted by DreamALittleDream View Post
    Also, what should I wear? I've gotten many mixed signals on this. Some people said a dress, others said business casual, others said nice dance clothes. Opinions? also, would character shoes be appropriate?
    I would have a profile picture but I made this account from my phone haha.
    Also, is anyone else going this Sunday?
    Dress comfortable and wear comfortable shoes. This is an audition and your best chance to performing your best is by being comfortable.

Some audtioners will come in princess costumes and wigs. This does not help your chances and highly recommend to everyone to not do this. Wear what you would wear to any other non-Disney audition.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald1980 View Post
    Dress comfortable and wear comfortable shoes. This is an audition and your best chance to performing your best is by being comfortable.

Some audtioners will come in princess costumes and wigs. This does not help your chances and highly recommend to everyone to not do this. Wear what you would wear to any other non-Disney audition.
    Thank you! Yeah, I've heard that some people do that. They want professionals, not crazies.

I don't comment on if I do/do not think someone looks like one of the characters because I don't know what the casting directors are looking for, nor what the specific requirements are to be friends with a character.
    On a different note, I whole heartedly agree DO NOT WEAR COSTUMES! Or anything that suggests a character (i.e. a gold dress with roses on it, shirts with characters on it, red/black bowed headbands, etc.) There are so many reasons for this: A) you look like you're trying way too hard B) you are making them look at you for one character only and if it doesn't fit, you won't get hired C) if you don't look like that character, you are making it extremely hard for a casting director to see you as friends with another character D) if you do look like the character, the casting directors still might not pick you because you were ignoring their specific instructions that say don't wear costumes to an audition.