Page 368 of 534 FirstFirst ... 268318343358365366367368369370371378393418468 ... LastLast
Results 5,506 to 5,520 of 8004
  1. #5506

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Hey everyone on MiceChat! Ive been reading this thread for days now in preparation for my face character tryout, even though its not until March 19th! Im doing the college program in the Fall semester 2012, so does anyone have any advice for someone auditioning for the first time and doing the internship? And I have a bunch of questions, if people dont mind answering!!

    Do you know if it is beneficial to apply earlier in the season so they dont fill all of their positions or if they wait until a certain date and then go through all of the final applicants at the same time?

    Also, I am 5'9", do you think they will disqualify me immediately? Other than my height, I think Id make a good princess!

    Does anyone have information about what I could practice to do well at the dance? (I dont have any experience!)

    Thanks so much!

  2. #5507

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    I'm 13 now, but it's always been my dream to be a Disney face character. I'm really short and am only expected to be about 5'2". Is there any character that has that height in it's requirements?

  3. #5508

    • Disney Obsessed
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    417

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaRapunzel View Post
    Hey everyone on MiceChat! Ive been reading this thread for days now in preparation for my face character tryout, even though its not until March 19th! Im doing the college program in the Fall semester 2012, so does anyone have any advice for someone auditioning for the first time and doing the internship? And I have a bunch of questions, if people dont mind answering!!

    Do you know if it is beneficial to apply earlier in the season so they dont fill all of their positions or if they wait until a certain date and then go through all of the final applicants at the same time?

    Also, I am 5'9", do you think they will disqualify me immediately? Other than my height, I think Id make a good princess!

    Does anyone have information about what I could practice to do well at the dance? (I dont have any experience!)

    Thanks so much!

    I did the CP 2006 WDW and I loved it! I am also 5'9" and sorry to tell you you're outta luck. Top Princess height is 5'6" if I remember correctly. Villans start at 5'9" or 10' though. And with Fur characters you're the average height so those roles get filled very quickly. Keep your options open on your application so IF you don't get a character role you can get another role in the program. Don't turn down the program if you don't get a character... it is seriously the best thing that I have ever done in my life! I wish I could go back in time and do it all over again! In fact I wish I had my hindsight and had stayed on the program longer! I highly recommend you think about extending your stay if you can. The dance portion is easy... but to make it easier for you I would suggest joining a gym and taking like a hip hop aerobics or other dance aerobics class, simply to get a better hang of picking up on the steps quickly. That was really the hardest part, picking it all up so quickly. The moves themselves are very easy. But if they like you and your movement they may keep you for a second round and that is harder steps. GOOD LUCK! and be prepared to to be rejected because of height for a character role, but go in guns blazing to fight to get it anyways!!!!!

  4. #5509

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    456

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Okay, I'm going to try to cover everyone's questions, but if I miss one please let me know!
    Cruise line auditions: I would definitely recommend going for it! If you made it that far in the audition, they liked you but just didn't have enough room on board for you. They can only take a certain number of people onboard and they might have had someone that fit the part slightly better than you and so they went with them. This time, you'll be the person that fits the role better!
    Face character auditions: 5'9" is just a little too tall for princess height. Everywhere I've seen says princess goes up to 5'7" (I could be wrong on that) but regardless you are in villian height. Don't be discouraged by this though because the villians, I think, are a lot more fun to play! You have more freedom to say what you really want to say because it's more in character. And your actions can be a lot more fun. When I met Jafar when I was six, after the picture he "brushed" his arms clean where I touched him. You can use sarcasm too. Overall, I think being friends with a villian would be a lot more fun than being friends with a princess! Oh, and apply now if you haven't already. They are filling their spots up and if you don't get one, and you don't get entertainment, you can't go. They will also have more auditions periodically while you're down there for characters that CPs are allowed to audition at.
    5'2": You're about as tall as I am! We actually do have some great characters in our range. If you don't actually get that tall, mice and ducks stop at about 5'0"/5'1". From there, chipmunks start up. As for face characters, we have Tinkerbell, Alice, and Wendy in our range and all three of those go up to 5'2". 5'3" starts princess range.

  5. #5510

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by CSei2011 View Post
    I did the CP 2006 WDW and I loved it! I am also 5'9" and sorry to tell you you're outta luck. Top Princess height is 5'6" if I remember correctly. Villans start at 5'9" or 10' though. And with Fur characters you're the average height so those roles get filled very quickly. Keep your options open on your application so IF you don't get a character role you can get another role in the program. Don't turn down the program if you don't get a character... it is seriously the best thing that I have ever done in my life! I wish I could go back in time and do it all over again! In fact I wish I had my hindsight and had stayed on the program longer! I highly recommend you think about extending your stay if you can. The dance portion is easy... but to make it easier for you I would suggest joining a gym and taking like a hip hop aerobics or other dance aerobics class, simply to get a better hang of picking up on the steps quickly. That was really the hardest part, picking it all up so quickly. The moves themselves are very easy. But if they like you and your movement they may keep you for a second round and that is harder steps. GOOD LUCK! and be prepared to to be rejected because of height for a character role, but go in guns blazing to fight to get it anyways!!!!!

    Thank you so much for you advice! I do plan on going and trying out anyways, Im not one to give up!!

    ---------- Post added 02-04-2012 at 08:00 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    Okay, I'm going to try to cover everyone's questions, but if I miss one please let me know!
    Cruise line auditions: I would definitely recommend going for it! If you made it that far in the audition, they liked you but just didn't have enough room on board for you. They can only take a certain number of people onboard and they might have had someone that fit the part slightly better than you and so they went with them. This time, you'll be the person that fits the role better!
    Face character auditions: 5'9" is just a little too tall for princess height. Everywhere I've seen says princess goes up to 5'7" (I could be wrong on that) but regardless you are in villian height. Don't be discouraged by this though because the villians, I think, are a lot more fun to play! You have more freedom to say what you really want to say because it's more in character. And your actions can be a lot more fun. When I met Jafar when I was six, after the picture he "brushed" his arms clean where I touched him. You can use sarcasm too. Overall, I think being friends with a villian would be a lot more fun than being friends with a princess! Oh, and apply now if you haven't already. They are filling their spots up and if you don't get one, and you don't get entertainment, you can't go. They will also have more auditions periodically while you're down there for characters that CPs are allowed to audition at.
    5'2": You're about as tall as I am! We actually do have some great characters in our range. If you don't actually get that tall, mice and ducks stop at about 5'0"/5'1". From there, chipmunks start up. As for face characters, we have Tinkerbell, Alice, and Wendy in our range and all three of those go up to 5'2". 5'3" starts princess range.
    Thank you so much! I am trying to warm up to the idea of playing a villian... But I would much rather be a princess, of course!

  6. #5511

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    Okay, I'm going to try to cover everyone's questions, but if I miss one please let me know!
    Cruise line auditions: I would definitely recommend going for it! If you made it that far in the audition, they liked you but just didn't have enough room on board for you. They can only take a certain number of people onboard and they might have had someone that fit the part slightly better than you and so they went with them. This time, you'll be the person that fits the role better!
    Face character auditions: 5'9" is just a little too tall for princess height. Everywhere I've seen says princess goes up to 5'7" (I could be wrong on that) but regardless you are in villian height. Don't be discouraged by this though because the villians, I think, are a lot more fun to play! You have more freedom to say what you really want to say because it's more in character. And your actions can be a lot more fun. When I met Jafar when I was six, after the picture he "brushed" his arms clean where I touched him. You can use sarcasm too. Overall, I think being friends with a villian would be a lot more fun than being friends with a princess! Oh, and apply now if you haven't already. They are filling their spots up and if you don't get one, and you don't get entertainment, you can't go. They will also have more auditions periodically while you're down there for characters that CPs are allowed to audition at.
    5'2": You're about as tall as I am! We actually do have some great characters in our range. If you don't actually get that tall, mice and ducks stop at about 5'0"/5'1". From there, chipmunks start up. As for face characters, we have Tinkerbell, Alice, and Wendy in our range and all three of those go up to 5'2". 5'3" starts princess range.
    Well then I better start learning how to speak in a British accent! Haha

    ---------- Post added 02-05-2012 at 01:35 AM ----------

    In the case of eye color, if the casting directors like your face, but you didn't have the right eye color, would they tell you to get colored contacts or just cut you?

  7. #5512

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    456

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    I wanted to be a princess too but after reading so much about them, I realised I was happy not being able to be one. Princesses are stuck in one location all day (granted it usually indoors and air conditioned) and sometimes they're at character meals. I would die being surrounded by yummy smelling food all day and not being able to eat any of it because I'm there to sign autographs and take pictures!
    Casting directors will definitely give you contacts if they like your face enough. That being said, I have also seen Alice in Epcot with brown eyes, so I'm not sure if it's a DLR only thing or if those particular friends couldn't wear contacts.

  8. #5513

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    30

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Earlier on this post I think I read that the heights are different for the cruise. On the audition website it says "Females:
    Disney Costumed Characters:
    4'8" - 5'0"
    [FONT=Helvetica, 'Helvetica Neue', Corbel, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif]Disney Costumed Characters who also portray Disney Princess Character Look-alikes: [/FONT]
    [FONT=Helvetica, 'Helvetica Neue', Corbel, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif]5'1" - 5'3" and 5'5" - 5'8"[/FONT]

    [FONT=Helvetica, 'Helvetica Neue', Corbel, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif]looking at that I would normally assume it means that 4'8"-5'0" are for mice, 5'1"- 5'3" play Alice, wendy, tink, and chipmunks and 5'5"- 5'8" play princesses and pluto. But why does it say "disney princess look alikes" then list 5'1" -5'3" if it were for Alice etc wouldn't they just list it as disney character look a likes? Rather than princess? But the other thing is, it seems like you would want to be consistant. Like if I meet Snow white in the park and she's 5'6" than meet her on the cruise and she's 5'1" that seems pretty drastic and inconsistent.
    I ask because I"m curious who they were considering me for last time. I'm 5'4" but they said I was 5'3" and a half and they kept me till the end for face and put me in the pool but then I never got called. I'm going to try again because my yr is up but were they thinking of me for Alice or a princess?
    On the cruise website It doesn't even list Alice/Wendy/Tink as someone you can meet. I have a friend who works for DLR and she says they do have tink/wendy/alice. Seems weird to me that they don't advertise that. But they do advertise peter and captain hook so it seems logical that tink and wendy would be there.

    Also on male face characters. I have a friend who wants to come but he's 6'2"and a half and seriously spitting image of other friends of Flynn Rider but I think he could probably pull off quite a few princes, charming, snow's, Phillip. But the website says "
    [/FONT]Disney Costumed Characters who also portray Disney Character Look-alikes: 5'1" - 5'3" and 5'5" - 5'8", youthful look
    5'11" - 6'2", acting experience a plus"

    since we're driving 8 and a half hours do you think its worth it for him to go? At the last cruise audition I went to they did not cut at height and they kept me even though I'm between 5'3" and 5'5"...

    Does anyone know who they have on the cruise?

  9. #5514

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    I wanted to be a princess too but after reading so much about them, I realised I was happy not being able to be one. Princesses are stuck in one location all day (granted it usually indoors and air conditioned) and sometimes they're at character meals. I would die being surrounded by yummy smelling food all day and not being able to eat any of it because I'm there to sign autographs and take pictures!
    Casting directors will definitely give you contacts if they like your face enough. That being said, I have also seen Alice in Epcot with brown eyes, so I'm not sure if it's a DLR only thing or if those particular friends couldn't wear contacts.
    I'm pretty sure most of the Alice's have brown eyes is because they are most likely playing Wendy, who has brown eyes, as well. There is also Tinkerbell, who has blue eyes. All three characters are around the same height.

  10. #5515

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    456

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    About the cruise lines: I'm not sure about Tink, but Alice and Wendy are both on the cruise ships. They specify princess look a likes because they only have about twenty character performers on the ship and so each performer has to be able to perform a variety of roles. Alice/Wendy are not in the stage shows, but all of the princesses are so Alice/Wendy friends may also have to double as stage princess friends (understudies) and also do background dancing. 5'4" is a dead height for fur characters because there aren't that many in the height range. So that's why it's not represented on the boat. If you only have room for 20 people, and one person can't fit in the fur costumes, then they aren't as valuable as they would be in the parks. I have a feeling that 4'11"-5'0" are mouse height, 5'1"-5'3" are princess/Alice/Wendy height (with Alice/Wendy being 5'1"-5'2" and princesses 5'3"), and 5'5"-5'8" are princess/villian (with princesses being 5'5-5'7", villians 5'7"-5'8"). I have a friend who worked on a cruise ship for awhile and she said that the ceiling heights are different than in buildings, cruise ships' are a lot lower, so the performers would have to be proportionate to that change. I think villians are only in the shows so those friends would be princesses on the ship. Like, on the ship you might be friends with Alice for meet and greets but in the shows you might be Aurora's friend because Alice isn't in the show and you are fairly close to her height (a couple of inches shorter) and you resemble her. Hopefully that makes sense! And I would definitely recommend your friend audition too because if they measured you down an inch, what's to say that they won't measure him down too?
    Alice/Tink/Wendy: I have only seen blue eyed Wendy's and only the two pictures of a brown eyed Alice, and they were both at WDW in Epcot (could be the same friend, one was taken at odd angles so it was hard to tell) and had light brown eyes. Here's the picture: Name:  brown eyes.jpg
Views: 3491
Size:  72.9 KB Do you have any pictures of Wendy with brown eyes? At DLR it is pretty much a requirement that you have naturally blue eyes to be friends with Alice/Wendy, I've only known one friend who has worn contacts in the past five or six years and she was dead on Alice.

  11. #5516

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    40

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Hello! I was wondering when does Disney audition their villains? I can't find info on the subject. Thanks again!

  12. #5517

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    40

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    I was just you tubing some Disney villains (I know I sound like a loser lol) but I found this video and look how close in height Snow White and The Evil Queen are. Snow White must have been right at 5'7 and The Queen must have been 5'9. They have another video with a different Snow White and the same Queen and there was a big height difference between them.
    The Queen and Snow White - YouTube
    Last edited by Michkay; 02-05-2012 at 06:33 PM.

  13. #5518

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    456

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    I don't think they actually advertise that they're looking for villains, they just pull them from other auditions. Kind of like Alice and Wendy at WDW, you never see them auditioning for them but they always seem to have a new friend! The only time that they would be specifically looking for extra villain friends would be around Halloween for all of the parties because they have a ton of shows and meet and greets with the villains during that time.

  14. #5519

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    40

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Oh! Okay well thank you so much! So if I were to go audition I would just go to a regular one they advertise for? You would think they'd never get villains because they don't advertise for girls over 5'7 unless it's the cruise ship. But I guess tall ones still go. Lol. I guess if I just go I should just tell them my real height and hope they're looking for villains. Haha. Thanks for the information!

  15. #5520

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    30

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Do you think that its a good idea to put customer service experience on my acting/dance resume for the audition? I have 8 yrs of it. Do you think they care? What about dress size? I have my height and weight on there. Does it matter if you are right handed or left?I never really thought about it but what if Tiana is right handed one day then the next time you meet her she's left handed? Also do you think I should put 5'3" instead of on my resume since last time they measured me at 5'3" and half not 5'4"?

    ---------- Post added 02-06-2012 at 03:24 PM ----------

    Also I know the cruise auditions are very dance intensive. Do you think it is okay to wear black jazz pants and a nice camisole? I have a cute one with lace that is blue and brings out my eyes but I'm afraid a tank top might look unprofessional?


Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Anyone attending Hollywood auditions for Tokyo Disney face character/dancer?
    By lauranelson27 in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 03:48 AM
  2. Face Character auditions...AGAIN!
    By Raiderette4gnr in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 02:08 AM
  3. face character auditions!
    By pineapplewhipaddict in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 09:38 AM
  4. Disney Face Character Auditions
    By Rocker in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-25-2007, 07:53 AM
  5. Disney Face Character Auditions
    By broadwaybaby615 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 04:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •