Page 371 of 541 FirstFirst ... 271321346361368369370371372373374381396421471 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,565 of 8103

• Face Character fanatic

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    Michkay: Technically, there is an audition near me on St. Patrick's Day but I can't go to it I'm a Civil War Re-enactor and there is a cannon certification thing on that day and if I can't go I'm not allowed to fire the cannon anymore. And it's too much fun not to do! But I plan on applying/auditioning again next year, after I graduate. My school is going through a quarter to semester conversion and trying to work out the kinks, and I transferred there from a school on semesters so they're trying to figure out if they need to reevaluate my credits because I went from semesters to quarters and now back to semesters! I figured I would just wait until I graduated and then worry about Disney! I have been told that fur is actually more fun than face. Face takes so much more work to get ready, plus the fur characters are always over the top in acting. And, after the day is over, fur friends can ride the buses back and listen to kids talk about meeting Mickey or something. Face characters have specifics, but they can be altered by directors and do reflect what friends the character already has. Like, generally speaking, Snow White has a very round face and Aurora has a very prominent jaw line, but SW's round face and what makes Aurora's jaw line are open to interpretation by the current casting director. Sometimes what friends the character already has makes an impact on casting, but not always. Like, for awhile there were a bunch of round-face Alice/Wendys and now there aren't as many. But, for example, just because WDW hired an Alice with crooked teeth, it didn't cause other crooked-teeth Alices to be hired (unfortunately, because I have one crooked tooth and it drives me insane!). And yes, sometimes it's the 50th try that gets you hired, sometimes it's the 1st. It all depends on the casting director and what they're looking for that day.
    hmj97: Welcome! I will try to answer as many of your questions as I can! "Character Look-A-Like" is technically the correct Disney term for face characters and "Character Performer" is technically the correct Disney term for fur characters. Just a heads up though, in order to be face you also have to be fur, so if you want to be a face look for an audition like this one! Disney face characters are taught how to put on their makeup the first couple of times and then you are expected to do it yourself. I doubt that there are any pictures of this chart because generally speaking, no pictures are allowed to be taken backstage. The only time the rule gets bended is if it's of the characters in character. That would probably classify as a Disney secret and would be a no-no! I'm not entirely sure what you mean by question 3. The friend that I have who is a face character will have a shift from like 4:30 p.m. -3 a.m. but she will be in the same place the entire time, with scheduled breaks. Height is a big deciding factor in determining your friends. If you look dead-on Alice but are 5'9", you can't be friends with her because your height ranges are different. You may be casted as all of your face friends right away, or you may have to go back to another audition if a new character is introduced. If you have multiple friends like that, who you are with each day changes. For example, the person I know has two face friends and two fur friends. On Monday she might hang out with face 1, Tuesday face 2, Wednesday fur 1, and Thursday fur 2. All characters have wigs and everyone wears wig caps. The wigs have been updated every so often so SW from ten years ago won't be wearing the same wig she does today, but it will be styled closer to the movie's. Makeup is stage makeup. I know that they use Ben Nye makeup, and that is stage makeup. You will probably come in with your base (foundation, concealor) and put on the makeup that defines the character. Sorry I can't be more specific but they're not really allowed to talk about that sort of stuff. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!
    Harpist, thank you SO much! You answered everything! I'm glad I asked, so thank you once again! Also, sorry about question #3. I had an idea of that question, but I couldn't quite get the words out, if you know what I mean. I was also on a lited time basis, but you answered everything quite nicely!

Thank you so much harpist!!! You've been such a help and I am so grateful for your information!! When you audition again you must let me know! thank you so much for your kindness!!

• Face Character fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by hmj97 View Post
    Harpist, thank you SO much! You answered everything! I'm glad I asked, so thank you once again! Also, sorry about question #3. I had an idea of that question, but I couldn't quite get the words out, if you know what I mean. I was also on a lited time basis, but you answered everything quite nicely!
    Sorry, I made a typo. *limited, not lited.

Haha you're both very welcome! I'm thinking I might audition in October for fun, if I'm able to, but I won't be auditioning again for sure until March of 2013 If you can think of any other questions, feel free to ask! I'll tell you everything I can!

Audition! You never know what could happen! I'll pray you get it!!!

Thanks! If I audition in October, it would just be for the experience and I wouldn't be able to accept if I got it because I seriously have to finish school. I am five credits shy of graduating right now but because four of them are sequenced classes they won't let me take both of them next semester and just get it over with. And, they don't offer part two of the sequenced courses during the fall so if I were to do the spring 2013 CP, I would push back graduation until spring of 2014. Grr. Plus October is a busy time for me. If all goes as planned, I'll be working five jobs and be going to school full time during September-October so I'll probably be busy!

• ^_~.

Whoo-hoo, I've finally been able to view the Disneyauditions website again! I heard from someone on the audition facebook page that the problem was with Internet Explorer. I though the problem couldn't possibly be that simple, not after I'd been trying for so long to get the page working. But I tried viewing the page with Google Chrome, and voila! There it was! I'm so happy to be able to view the full audition schedule again!
    I just thought I'd pass this along in case there was anyone else who still was having trouble. I don't know why they haven't addressed the IE problem (especially after a whole bunch of people on the FB page have expressed their concerns ), but there you have it.

That's exciting! Unfortunately all I have on my computer is internet explorer but it's okay. I'm not auditioning for awhile and not being able to see the auditions I'm eligible for helps with that!

Anyone going to a coming up audition? Did anyone see they'll be holding auditions for Merida look a likes for their upcoming film Brave? Sounds exciting! If anyone goes to an audition let us know how it goes!

I couldn't go to a Disney audition, but I went to a local theme park audition and I'm pretty sure I got a costumed character performer position! I know that I passed the costuming interview (she was telling me about my pay and the hours I'll be working) and the character coordinator had me fitted after my audition. They even put me in a head and those things are really awkward! The lady was telling me to do certain things (walk onto a stage, so&so you're my favorite, etc.) and she ended with do a dance step. I chose to do a Broadway and triple time step because I'm a better tapper than anything else and she asked me to stay for a dance audition for a costumed show character performer! After that audition, she gave me a card that said I was being considered in multiple areas. Now I'm just waiting to hear back!
    I heard some things about the Merida auditions. I'm not sure about the dates/times, but I know Merida is going to be between 5'4"-5'7". Good luck to everyone going, start working on your Scottish accents too!

Hey all I've been lurking this thread for a while and finally decided to post something. I have always wanted to audition for a character position at WDW no matter what they put me in, but recently I have been too busy to go and do it. Now that things have calmed down considerably and I'll be graduating from high school in less than 2 months, I am very ready to audition. I saw that they are looking for Merida and I flipped out - she is literally my twin haha. But here's my issue: I keep reading that the casting directors absolutely DO NOT want anyone to remotely hint at who they are hoping to be friends with. This is hard for me to do because I have naturally crazy, red hair, but I do not want to make it seem like I'm trying to make them see me as Merida. Should I straighten it and put it up? Also, would it be inappropriate to wear leggings, a t shirt and some sneakers?

Here's another concern: the website says all CP, current CMs and characters can show up. Does this mean that the 'general public' will have extremely low chances of getting a position? Seems like they'd fill positions with current Disney cast first.

Thanks for all the info so far, and best wishes to those auditioning!

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    I couldn't go to a Disney audition, but I went to a local theme park audition and I'm pretty sure I got a costumed character performer position! I know that I passed the costuming interview (she was telling me about my pay and the hours I'll be working) and the character coordinator had me fitted after my audition. They even put me in a head and those things are really awkward! The lady was telling me to do certain things (walk onto a stage, so&so you're my favorite, etc.) and she ended with do a dance step. I chose to do a Broadway and triple time step because I'm a better tapper than anything else and she asked me to stay for a dance audition for a costumed show character performer! After that audition, she gave me a card that said I was being considered in multiple areas. Now I'm just waiting to hear back!
    I heard some things about the Merida auditions. I'm not sure about the dates/times, but I know Merida is going to be between 5'4"-5'7". Good luck to everyone going, start working on your Scottish accents too!
    Congrats!! I'm so happy for you!! Let us know when she calls you! I'm very happy for you. What kind characters would you be? Do you know yet? That's awesome, harpist! High five!

---------- Post added 03-05-2012 at 11:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by km3472 View Post
    Hey all I've been lurking this thread for a while and finally decided to post something. I have always wanted to audition for a character position at WDW no matter what they put me in, but recently I have been too busy to go and do it. Now that things have calmed down considerably and I'll be graduating from high school in less than 2 months, I am very ready to audition. I saw that they are looking for Merida and I flipped out - she is literally my twin haha. But here's my issue: I keep reading that the casting directors absolutely DO NOT want anyone to remotely hint at who they are hoping to be friends with. This is hard for me to do because I have naturally crazy, red hair, but I do not want to make it seem like I'm trying to make them see me as Merida. Should I straighten it and put it up? Also, would it be inappropriate to wear leggings, a t shirt and some sneakers?

Here's another concern: the website says all CP, current CMs and characters can show up. Does this mean that the 'general public' will have extremely low chances of getting a position? Seems like they'd fill positions with current Disney cast first.

Thanks for all the info so far, and best wishes to those auditioning!
    Welcome! Glad you're here!
    First, I've haven't auditioned yet and I'm itching too and I'm old enough but I'm a theatre major and it takes up a lot of time, however, Lord knows I've read enough on the subject. Haha. Now, with your hair I don't think that would be an issue. Just because more goes into choosing a character and I don't think they'd hold that against you, if they would even notice. If you went in talking Scottish they may get the hint but I wouldn't worry about your hair. But if you feel like it would hinder you in a way then put it up or straighten it. I chatted with a worker and he said the most important advice he could give me for auditioning would be to be confident and smile. That's the most important because everything else, like what they're looking for in height, face, weight, ect, you have no control over and that smile and confidence takes you a long way. So you do what makes or would make you the most comfortable and confident.
    Clothing I'm not 100% about but I'm pretty sure they'd expect you to wear something like that because you'll be doing movement pieces. But like I said I'm not 100% on that but I'm sure if you looked somewhere in this behemoth of a thread it'd say something about clothes. Lol.
    As for the cm having a better chance at auditions they probably do. Like you said it seems like they'd pull from there because they know the ropes. However, if that were case all the time they'd never hold auditions and no one would get any roles and cast members have to leave at some point right? And Disney World is huge and they need multiple players and there's cruises and Disney Land. There is a reason they hold auditions every Thursday and do travel auditions. Disney will choose what's best for them whether you're a complete new person or not. I hope I helped and didn't confuse you. Lol

I wouldn't worry about your hair because I'm sure they'll be able to tell that it's your natural hair. You will want to pull it back though at least for the actual audition because it'll get in your face. They're mostly concerned about you (and I saw this at one of my auditions) coming in wearing like a yellowish-gold dress with roses decorating the hem and your hair done up in half a bun. And it's actually for your own benefit, because if they didn't think that girl looked like Belle then they wouldn't have been able to see through that outfit to see what character she actually did look like. Wear something that you feel comfortable in and can move in. What I mean by that is don't wear a leotard and tights because you look good in it but feel awkward because that uncomfortable feeling is going to translate to the casting directors. If you feel okay wearing leggings and a tee shirt, do so. I would suggest though that the shirt does not have any logos on it, contrasting or not. This audition is for everyone, but I don't think it will hurt your chances. Reguardless if you've worked there or not, you will have to be trained on how to be friends with Merida and they are still going to choose the people that they feel best suits her. I have a feeling they combined the auditions because they want to be able to train all of the new friends at the same time.
    Michkay- It's Peanuts characters, so like Charlie Brown and Snoopy! I got to audition as Linus. I haven't heard back yet but they did hold auditions Friday-Sunday so it may be they just haven't gotten to me yet. Granted they will probably make me choose between character performer and costumer and I don't know yet which I would rather do (costume design is eventually where I want to end up like twenty years from now, but character is what I want to do now).

Thanks for the replies!
    You guys are probably right about the hair, I just want to do everything in my power to help me make it through the auditions haha. I'm sure if I don't do other things like the character it'll be just fine, I'll probably just wear it up in a bun. I'll also be sure to remember to smile & be confident! If there's one thing I've learned from this forum it's definitely that. Hopefully the casting directors will be able to see it! I'm expecting quite a turn out for this since she's a new character. Surprisingly I'm not actually too nervous about it since I've been waiting so long to audition! I hope your chance comes soon as well, Michkay. And congrats harpist1991! That sounds very exciting, I wish you the best on whatever you do.

On another note...do you think it matters which time I audition? They have two on the same day, one at 9AM and the other at 6PM. I'm free all day so it doesn't matter to my schedule. I've heard they "get tired" of seeing the same thing over again, so should I go to the morning one? Also I feel like if they meet their fill or quota for the amount of characters needed in the morning, they'll be more picky in the evening. Maybe I'm just over-thinking it. When would you go?

One last thing, sorry for the questions, but the more I think about it the more questions I have! Should I just go to a regular look-a-like audition before the Merida one? I think that if the casting directors don't see me as Merida but as a princess, wouldn't it be better to be at a broader audition? After all I only get one audition per 6 months.

Last edited by km3472; 03-06-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Talking Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Last edited by savannahmae95; 01-30-2014 at 05:53 PM.