Page 372 of 547 FirstFirst ... 272322347362369370371372373374375382397422472 ... LastLast
Results 5,566 to 5,580 of 8204

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by km3472 View Post
    Thanks for the replies!
    On another note...do you think it matters which time I audition? They have two on the same day, one at 9AM and the other at 6PM. I'm free all day so it doesn't matter to my schedule. I've heard they "get tired" of seeing the same thing over again, so should I go to the morning one? Also I feel like if they meet their fill or quota for the amount of characters needed in the morning, they'll be more picky in the evening. Maybe I'm just over-thinking it. When would you go?

One last thing, sorry for the questions, but the more I think about it the more questions I have! Should I just go to a regular look-a-like audition before the Merida one? I think that if the casting directors don't see me as Merida but as a princess, wouldn't it be better to be at a broader audition? After all I only get one audition per 6 months.

I'm not sure about audition times or which would be better to go to but I would imagne either would be fine. I would, personally, would rather have a morning audition so you or the casting agents aren't wore out. I'm sure harpist knows that answer, though. I got all my info from her!! :-)

For the second question, I'm not sure if I remember but, are they only looking for Merida for that day? If you were cast you'd be other characters anyway and since Merida is white I'd figure they'd be casting for princesses in general. Once again harpist can answer this! Haha. I guess it would just depend on what you would want to do. Merida is princess height too so I am assuming you'd be, or anyone else casted as Merida, would be playing other princesses too but I'm only assuming. So I would think they'd pull Merida from other princess auditions. Unless they're expecting you to speak Scottish or something. I'm sure harpist knows. Lol

---------- Post added 03-07-2012 at 01:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by savannahmae95 View Post
    Hello, all! I'm brand new to Micechat but have been reading this thread off and on for quite a while. Very helpful. I am auditioning in 2 weeks (even though I'm only in high school and live no where near Orlando, I figured the experience would be good since I'll be auditioning again if/when I do the college program, and my parents may agree to move to orlando for a summer if by some miracle i'm offered a job), and I have a few questions.

I'm 5 feet 3 and a half inches tall, and very petite. (105lbs). I've heard that Wendy/Alice top off at 5'2 but also that they can be up to 5'4. I've been hearing quite a lot lately that I resemble Wendy and wondered if I'm in the correct height range? What other characters are in my height range?

Also, here is a screenshot of photos of me (the first 3 on the top row to the left are me, all the others are wendy, in case you can't tell...which would be awesome, i might add!) and wendy side by side. I've also included profile views.

Honestly, do I resemble her?
    Do I resemble any face characters?
    If you don't think so, just tell me! I won't be offended. I'd rather be told the truth than lied to and have my hopes up too high!

Here it is & thanks in advance:

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/...5/Picture6.png

(sorry that my face is red in this photo & I have bags under my eyes, barely any face makeup & a lack of sleep due to lots of school work can explain that!!! I usually look a bit...healthier, if you will. =D
    Welcome! Glad you're here.
    I'd like to say first that it doesn't matter what we think you look like because there is no telling what the casting director is looking for. You just have to go and pray you have what they're looking for that day. With that being said, and I don't want to get your hopes up because I'm not casting but, you have beautiful eyes and gorgeous skin. I was actually taken back by your pic because you look like Wendy in your pic of her. I've read like 75% of this thread and out of everyone who is like, "Do I look like I am her?!" You're the only one who looks like you actually could be Wendy. Heck, even a princess. Your face is just right, I think. Beautiful skin. Keep that skin up. Wear sunscreen ALL the time. I think that and your eyes are your strongest feature. But I'm not casting either. It depends on how you look in costume/wig. I think you'd be Alice too if you were Wendy and you'd have to be fur. But I wouldn't be a bit surprised if I heard you made it to being wigged. Anyway height is also a factor and I think, think, you maybe in that special height. Especially if they cut off at 5'2 for Alice and Wendy. I am a special height too. I'm 5'9. I'm too tall for princess but I'll still go and hope they like me or pull me for villain. But harpist would know that answer. I would still go because you're so pretty but if they don't pick you for some reason AUDITION AGAIN. I've read it takes multiple times to get all the way to being wigged for some people. You never know what they're looking for that day. Just smile and be confident. I hope I could help!

Okay so all of the responses/questions got split up into multiple screens on my lovely screw-up computer so if I miss something feel free to yell at me for it!
    km- I would go to the audition that you most feel comfortable going too. You will have to be energetic, engaging, and in a good mood. For me, that would be the 6pm audition because I am not a morning person and if I was running late and didn't get at least two cups of tea in me before I went, I would probably bite someone's head off! Also take into consideration your height. You are taller in the morning than in the evening so if height is going to be a factor for you (if you're barely in her height range) than I would consider that as well. Since there are only two auditions that day and they are fairly spread out, I wouldn't worry about the casting directors burning out. There is enough time for them to eat lunch and dinner between the two auditions and review who they saw. I would definitely bring a headshot though just so you don't get lost in the crowd. If you want to wear your hair up in a bun for the audition, make sure it doesn't make you look old or severe. I have been a dancer for 16 years and I've noticed when I bun my hair it usually makes me look a lot older and my face takes on a severe look. Make sure your hairstyle in the headshot is your best one and different from the one you wear to the auditions because they take a photo of you there too and giving them two different looks will help your chances. I can't access the website because of my wonderfully lovely perfect computer, but I would check the disneyauditions website and read the Merida auditions wording very carefully. Sometimes they add at the end something like "looking for friends of Merida and other princesses". If you don't see that and you're going to be in the area already Thursday, I would stop by the audition. Bring an extra headshot though. And if they see you as a different princess at the Merida auditions they'll probably pull you for that too. I know a girl who was pulled for Alice at a princess audition which, because of her height, she wasn't eligible for but she went anyway and got pulled. So I would say if you're going to be there anyway, go ahead and go to the Thursday audition. If not, don't worry about it because they'll probably look at you for everything at the Merida audition anyway! They *usually* don't check the six month rule and I would think that the Merida audition is an exception because it is a special audition. They just had an open star wars audition a couple of weeks ago too so I am pretty sure that they are talking about regular Thursday auditions in the six month rule.
    savannah- I also don't comment on who I feel people look like. I've seen some people at auditions and I'm like "they ARE so&so" but then they get cut by casting and sometimes I see people in the parks and I wonder if they're just cosplaying. If you have time in the next couple of weeks, Disney is holding auditions all over the country and you might be able to attend one closer to you. Those are the auditions I have been too and they pull for everything there, face fur parade show full part seasonal and CP. Alice/Wendy/Tink height is about 4'11"-5'2/3" so you are a little tall for her but you're in princess range, which has a ton of more characters. Also, Wendy has very few friends in the parks (BOO! I love Wendy!) because she is only in the castle show and the parade. She very rarely comes out in the parks anymore for meet and greets. Special height is for the really short and really tall. It's mouse height (4'11"-5'0") and then I *think* Goofy height (5'8/9"-up). Pretty much it means they have characters in those ranges and not a lot of people to play them so you'll get special consideration at the auditions. You are a little too tall for that (like me, I'm about 5'2). I can't load your pictures because my computer is my best friend in the whole wide world, but I assume you have very blue/green eyes from the comments! That is a huge plus for you because most of the characters in princess range have blue eyes and you won't have to wear contacts. In princess you have all ten princesses, Anastasia, Drizella, and Mary Poppins as regular face characters and a ton of fur. With all of that being said, casting will sometimes give you a new height, called your Disney height. It can be your natural height or they can shorten or lengthen you depending on who they feel you look like but it's usually within a couple of inches. Like, they're not going to write you down as 5'7" but they might do 5'2"-5'4" so you may still get pulled for Alice/Wendy/Tink because you are fairly close to the border. Definitely keep auditioning though whenever you can because you have to be lucky to get a face job there. You have to have the right casting director looking at you right when they need that part. If it's not a winner the first time, maybe it'll be the second. Or the third. Plus, continously coming back shows dedication!
    If either of you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

See! Harpist knows!! Lol. I'm in special height! I know I'm too tall for princess but I'm hoping they'll pull me for villain when I audition. If I have 2 cents worth of common sense I should have auditioned for the star wars casting. They were calling for women up to 6 foot. Maybe if God softens their heart they'd make a special consideration for my height and lower me 2 inches for princess but that's a big fat if. Haha. Even though I did see a YouTube video of a girl standing next to aurora and she said she was 5'5 and aurora was like a head taller than she was. I'm sure it's some sort of illusion I played on myself to get my hopes up. Ha! That's interesting to know Harpsit about heights, like they could put her in 5'2 to 5'4 category. I learn something everyday from this board. They're coming to Atlanta on the 19 I think and I can't go. I'm sad but I hope they come back around again this year and I would go. My school takes up a lot of time.

Okay, I've thought it over and I really want to audition tomorrow. I just feel like my chances would be better, especially since CMs and CP cannot go to it, so everyone's on an equal playing field. Much less intimidating! I would like to go to the Merida audition too of course, but they're in a few weeks span of each other and even though it doesn't specify the 6 month rule on the Merida audition, I'm afraid it might be frowned upon. Anyway, I'm rambling haha.

Michkay I sent you a PM, did you get it? I'm only asking because I think it didn't go through, my computer's been acting up...

The princesses wear character heels too so if the girl was 5'5 wearing flats standing next to an Aurora who was 5'7" plus an inch or two in heels, that could be what was making that illusion. Good luck on your auditions! You should try to go to the Merida audition too. Worse case scenario is they send you home. I know girls who go to pretty much every audition and they haven't been turned away from a single one.

Yes km! I also wrote you back.

Harpist you crushed my dreams!! Haha. Just kidding. I know it's a long long shot to be a princess but I'm fine with a villain, I'd love to be part of that atmosphere in general. And yes! Go to as many auditions as you can! And harpist, they're not strict on the 6 month rule?

Hey everyone! My name is Morgan and I'm from Seattle. I've been following this thread for years. Literally. But I never really felt like I had a shot at auditioning until recently, so I didn't find it necessary to join in.I applied for DCP last week and had my telephone interview this morning. It went great! I don't want to be too hopeful, but I'm feeling pretty confident right now. They lady booked me for the CP auditions in Portland, Oregon next Friday. And I think they checked my facebook pictures or something because the lady said I look like I'd be a good face character. I asked her many questions and it turns out she was a face character for five years herself. I was tingling with excitement. She was seriously the sweetest person I've ever talked to. It was great. I'm stoked.So I was wondering.Does anyone have any experience with the CP auditions? I've heard they are different from the regular auditions and I want to make sure I'm prepared. I know for the CP auditions you don't have to bring a headshot, but do you think it'd be a good idea to bring one anyway? Let me know! Thanks!!

Michkay: Wow, thank you so much for the kind words! You seriously just made my day. I can't explain how much that meant to me. So sweet, I teared up!

Harpist: Thanks so much for the insight! Very very helpful. I appreciate it. I'm actually going to an audition 10 days from today. However.... I'm only 16, and the audition website says you have to be 18, and the auditions are for full timers and college program kids. Will they even let me in? I can't bear to sit at home all day knowing that auditions for my dream job are 30 minutes away from my house....so I'm going to go, and if they don't let me in, so be it!

morganfreya: from your photo on the left, you look so much like a princess! Now I'm not too educated on the "right look", but I'd sure pull you!! From what research I've done, the CP auditions are the same, and bringing a headshot isn't a necessity but can't hurt. I could be totally wrong, someone please correct me if I am! That's just what I have read. Can't wait to hear how your auditions go!!

Morgan, glad you're here! You are very pretty! I hope your CP audition goes well! I'm not too familiar with the CP but harpist would know! Good luck and break a leg!

Savannah, you're so welcome! You go get them! Even if you're 16 and too young you have 2 years to prepare which can only help you!

Oh goodness! So many posts in one day! Welcome Morgan! I will try to answer everyone's questions!
    Michkay: I'm sorry I had to crush your dreams. Seriously. I wanted to be a princess too but I'm too short. I was told stretching helps make you taller but I've been dancing for 16 years and I've only made it to 5'2" so LIARS! Haha plus my family is like short. My grandmother is 4'10" and my aunts are like 5'0" at the tallest. My mom won the gene pool lottery and topped out at 5'3" so I really have no hope of ever growing any taller! I'm sorry I really didn't explain the six month rule thing very well. If you go to a regular audition, like the ones they have every Thursday, yes they want the six month rule adhered too because if they like you but don't have a spot opened for you, you will be put in the character pool and when a spot becomes available, they'll call you. You'll be in the pool for six months. If the audition does not specify the six month rule or is labeled a CP audition, then there is no character pool associated with those auditions and you can continue to audition afterwards. I *think* Star Wars and Merida were one of these special types of auditions because they were not pulling for all the characters and so they would want you to come back to work as other characters in the park. Star Wars is also a strictly seasonal position so you would have to audition again within that six month time frame in order to get a full or part time job as another character.
    Morgan: I have auditioned twice for the CP. The first time I made it until the final round without any previous acting experience and the second time I was cut immediately (they were looking for people shorter and taller than me). I am taking a year off of auditioning right now to build my entertainment resumes but if you want to private message me or something, I'd be happy to tell you about my auditons. I'm not really supposed to talk about the details publically and I already have a couple of times so I'm not taking any more chances! Definitely bring a headshot to the CP auditions and resumes of your entertainment experience, if you have any. Since you have been told that you're being looked at for face, you will want to give them a ton of visual representations of yourself so they don't forget! They will take another photo at the audition but they are usually terrible. Think shiny skin, frizzed hair, glare, and the person is a ton taller than you so it's literally a top of the head shot. If you can give them a picture of how you look all done up to look at later, it'll definitely help your chances!
    Savannah: The audition you are looking at is for the CP. In order to do the CP, you do have to be 18 and in college. HOWEVER those auditions are also for people who are looking for a position at the WDW company as a full/part/seasonal timer. WDW hires 16 year olds. So you are still eligible to go to the CP audition but you will have to specify that you are there for f/p/s work and not the CP. You will be given a card to fill out and you will be able to check what you are auditioning for. Again, feel free to message me about details of the auditions! Definitely bring a headshot and resumes if you have them. At the audition, you will be told a lot of information about switching roles, getting emails either way, face characters won't get pulled, etc. 99% of that does not apply to you because you are not CP. Since you are going for f/p/s, you will be notified by phone only if you get the part. If you hear nothing, you didn't get it. Roles/majors are strictly for the CP and doesn't apply to you. If you get face, chances are you won't get fitted in wigs and outfits. You might be asked to take a second photo with your hair in a wigcap but that's it. Even if you don't get asked to, you might still have gotten face.

Just as a general note about headshots, you don't have to go and get your professionally made or anything like that unless you want too. Honestly, my current headshots were taken by my sister's friend who works in JCPenney's photography studio in my house and they work fine. I know people who walk in with a photo taken by their parent or best friend at 10 pm the night before. Just make sure the photo is a good picture of you. Also, include your neck and upper chest in the photo. A close cropped head shot is not flattering and actually distorts your face shape. Keep more of your upper body in the shot so that your face looks in proportion and you will have a better shot at getting and keeping a role. It would really suck to be told you get to be friends with Snow White and then they find out that it was a terrible picture of you and you really don't look anything like her so you lose the job!

Thanks for the info on the headshots and 6 month rule!

And you didn't crush my dream harpist!!! I knew for about a year I was too tall for princess. So my dreams were crushed a long time ago! Haha. I'm just glad I have an opportunity to be a villain, fingers crossed, because I would just love to be part of the WDW or WDW cruises or DLR or Tokyo or any WDW family! It seems like such an honor!

I agree. When I first started looking into auditioning for a Disney character, I either wanted to be a princess or a villian. Princesses wear the pretty dresses but villians get to be mildly mean to kids who annoy them and they're generally awesome! I got to have both of those goals crushed because of my height but I've come to embrace Alice/Wendy/Tink.

---------- Post added 03-08-2012 at 02:43 PM ----------

This is only marginally related, but I got my email today from the costuming department and I got that job! Still waiting to hear back from character but I will definitely be adding to my costuming resume this summer!

Oh Harpist I'm so happy for you!! Congrats!! I know you're so exited!! I knew you'd make it! You have to let us know how it is!

Has anyone heard from km4372? I thought she was auditioning today. I wonder how it went for her.

Unfortunately I didn't make the first cut. ): They picked 8 out of 108 people to stay for further rounds, I don't know whether or not any of them secured a role. It was nerve-wracking to say the least, but fun and exciting all the same! Before the casting director stared at us (haha) he told us that they are very stringent about facial features. Since I didn't get picked...does that mean they will probably not approve my face for a look-a-like in the future? The only thing I think that is holding me back is my nose, it's fairly wide and certainly not a "button" nose.

So, should I attend the Merida audition? I just feel like if they wanted me, they would have called me to stay. Then again it was only ONE casting director.

Getting picked for face is very much about being in the right place at the right time. That casting director may not have thought you looked like any of the characters, but the next one might think you look dead on. Also it might have to do with your height. If they're not looking for anyone in your height they won't keep you. Definitely continue to attend auditions for as long as you can! Besides, 8 out of a 108 means that those 8 wished on the right star because that's pretty darn lucky! They must have been looking for a very specific thing and you didn't fit that but you might fit something else!
    Quote Originally Posted by km3472 View Post
    Unfortunately I didn't make the first cut. ): They picked 8 out of 108 people to stay for further rounds, I don't know whether or not any of them secured a role. It was nerve-wracking to say the least, but fun and exciting all the same! Before the casting director stared at us (haha) he told us that they are very stringent about facial features. Since I didn't get picked...does that mean they will probably not approve my face for a look-a-like in the future? The only thing I think that is holding me back is my nose, it's fairly wide and certainly not a "button" nose.

So, should I attend the Merida audition? I just feel like if they wanted me, they would have called me to stay. Then again it was only ONE casting director.