Page 373 of 534 FirstFirst ... 273323348363370371372373374375376383398423473 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,595 of 8007

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Thanks Harpist I'll continue to attend auditions! Hopefully the next casting director sees something in me. The height...I think I might have messed up! They measure you and tell you a number to write down. I didn't realize what it meant and I was so excited/nervous that I couldn't remember if it was 63.5 or 64.5. I wrote 63.5 only to realize later it meant 5'3 1/2". I'm 5'5", so 64.5 or 5'4.5" was the right height. When the casting director looked at me, he looked at me longer than the others - looked down to check my height, hesitated, then went to the next. Princess height in WDW is 5'4" - 5'7". I'm probably imagining things though.

Also, did anyone else notice this? He asked the 4 people in my group that got in, before they knew, if they had visible tattoos. That was a tip off that if you weren't asked the question, they probably didn't want you. Just a heads up, don't know if it's completely true or not.

I sent you a message pm! Yes 5'3 and a half is different from 5'5 and they're strict on height that may have played a factor but like harpist said always audition again. And probably the tattoo question means they're considering that person, or that's what I think.

At 5 feet 3.5 inches, what are the odds of them measuring me down to 5'2 if they liked my face for Alice/Wendy/Tink? I'm guessing there'd be a decent chance of being measured up to 5'4 for a princess if they liked my face for that? Am I a less than desireable height for face characters or am I okay?

km- 5'4" is what is considered a dead height because there aren't a lot of fur characters in that range. Like maybe two. So if you were measured in that range, the directors probably will take that into deep consideration. If he looked at you longer than everyone else, he probably thought you did resemble a character but that since you were in dead height, he wasn't sure about casting you because then you would only be able to do that one or two character. He was probably able to hire only so many people and fill a certain amount of roles. Or he may have thought you looked dead on a character but then realized you were too tall or too short. Either way, a gazillion other casting director's opinions wouldn't hurt! They do have a question on the application about tattoos, at least on the one I filled out. It might be that those people did not fill out that line and they were being considered. If you did, you might still be in consideration and he already knew whether or not he could use you.
    savannah- Princesses start at 5'3", so you would actually not want to be measured up to 5'4" because of it being a dead height (See explaination above). There is a chance you might get measured down but it's usually no more than an inch or so, which would make you a tall Tink/Wendy/Alice but not impossible. I know that they just hired another Alice and they are probably filled on Wendys, but they are still looking for Tink for sure.

Yeah dead height sucks ): Wish I measured at 5'5 1/2" like i do everywhere else! Although thats still not many character roles to fill. And no one filled out applications, they told us they'd do that after the initial typeout cuts. All you did was get measured and write your name and height on the sign in sheet, which I thought was understandable. Oh well, it just wasn't the right time for me! Hopefully Merida will be my lucky chance.

oh, and someone mentioned you're taller at a certain time of day. Is it significant enough of a number to bump me up to a different height?
    Last edited by km3472; 03-09-2012 at 10:06 AM.

Not being a dancer, how hard is the dance you have to learn??

Hello! Brand new to this site I just signed up around 5 minutes ago haha Im considering going to an audition next week for look a likes... I'm around 5'2-5'4 so in comfortable in the grift range. My only problem is I have a small gap in the teeth. I'm getting braces for it very soon. Would this cut me out? I've heard you need to be a fur before a face to complete training so no one would see my face. Also I'm graduating high school in 3 months... If I were to get casted it would be full time and I would move to work there so college most likely wouldn't be in a schedule for me.. If casted I would go to school if I was let go from the job. My next best bet is to go to school then as a DCP member audition then possibly transfer schools to hold the job. I plan to audition as much as possible so anyone with insight or experience please let me know. Thank you!

I personally did not get to the dance round but my sister did last November. From what I heard from her and others, if you are simply going to a Look-A-Like audition, it's basic movements more than "dancing". If you're worried about it, be sure to practice jazz squares & grapevines, both of which are pretty easy to find on Youtube if you aren't familiar with it. For princesses there's lots of twirling/spins too. It's more about your poise and composure than execution - if you have the coordination or attitude they're looking for, they can train you to dance if they need to. If you're going to a Parade Performer audition then it's much different. It's more dance intensive.

Okay so my earlier comment didn't post for some reason. Boo!
    Km- You are taller in the morning (there's a long complicated scientific reason behind this, I'm a history major so I don't understand science but it's true!). You might get to be a half inch taller at most.
    Savannah- At the CP auditions, the dances covered a wide range of difficulty. I've been dancing for 16 years and I thought it was really easy and that I could have gotten the end, when it was the hardest, if I had had a couple of more minutes to practice (I went first so I had like two minutes to use the restroom, get a drink, and practice!). The important thing is not that you get all of the steps (unless you want parade dancer, then you need to get all of the steps), it's that you are able to have fun with it, make lots of faces (don't just plaster the "dancer" smile on for the entire dance), and punch the very last step even if you fall flat on your face! I've been in pretty much every form of dance so I can pretty accurately say that the dance was mostly jazz based, with hip hop and then ballet elements thrown in.
    Princess- Welcome! We always love seeing new faces! I would think that having braces would take you out of the running for face but I don't think it would hurt you in the long run. Everyone does train as a fur and even if you spend nine months to years doing fur, then I think that would actually help you when you apply for face. Think of it this way, if you get fur, you'll get to know the casting directors personally and they will be more inclined to pull you from the auditions because they know you can handle the pressures. Also, you'll know ahead of time exactly who they are looking for at each audition so you know if you have a shot at getting the job or not. I'm not entirely sure if I fully understand the part about Disney versus school, but this is what I think. If you are serious about going to school, I would go to college. While in college, you can participate on the College Program through WDW and possibly get entertainment after your first semester/quarter/trimester (whatever your school is on). Afterwards, you can go seasonal and only go down over the summer until you graduate. Some schools will also give you class credit for the program. If you want more information on the CP, let me know! Or, if you would rather do Disney over school, you can move down there for full time work as a character. Central Florida University is fairly close to WDW and a lot of Disney Cast Members go there but you might only be able to go to school part time because your Disney schedule will be fairly commanding.
    km(part 2!) and Savannah- I have only been to CP auditions and I know that face character auditions are slightly different. I think CP auditions are more dance based because they are looking for everything at a CP audition. At a face character audition, they want to see how graceful you are and if you could attempt a decent waltz if a child asks you. Also they're looking to see if they can put you in a parade as a face character because those movements are not as intense as the actual dancers. Jazz squares, grapevines, and I would add single pirouettes and pencil turns to the list of most used steps in the dances! Three step turns are easy to master as well and are easy to put your own unique twist on (a three step turn means you literally turn and take three steps to do it). I think the hardest step between the two dance parts of the auditions was a scissor step and that was just something that didn't click for all of the people and they were falling over. It was actually kind of funny in a not funny way! Think of half a room full of people skipping and then falling over on the floor. Even the "hard" parts of the dance were actually fairly easy steps just sped up to a ridiculously fast speed! If you have little dance experience, I would try to make sure that you get put towards the end of the actual audition groups so that you have time to practice that dance with the other contestants beforehand. I know that I perform better when I know the dance perfectly and I would think that if you're not comfortable dancing in front of others, knowing the dance would help boost your confidence.

Wow, very helpful! Thanks so much. I'll definitely be spending my spare time this week practicing dance moves since it's not a look alike audition. Is it true that they only hold look alike auditions in Orlando? Whenever i go to the website I only see ones in Orlando, which upsets me.

---------- Post added 03-09-2012 at 10:41 PM ----------

Another question...I know that you have to have a big, fairly perfect smile to be a face character. I have straight white teeth, but my smile is medium-sized. Do you think that will hurt my chances? I'm probably WAY over analyzing this, but as the audition is drawing closer, I'm getting nervous, especially since I talked to my dad and there's a chance he'd move to Orlando with me for the summer if I'm cast.

Here's my photo bucket if anyone cares to take a look (if not, I totally understand, that's not the intention of this thread, just wanted to provide photos in case that helps with answering if anyone can!)

Pictures by savannahmae95 - Photobucket

They're having "Disney Character Performers for the WDW College Program and Full Time roles" (this is just copied and pasted from the website) tour around the country. They're usually for CP and just the atmosphere (fully costumed) characters, but they still pull face characters there as well. They're visiting CO, OR, MO, TN, OH, MI, GA, and MI. So if you live closer to one of those states than Florida, I recommend going. You'd have to be an atmosphere character even if you got a look-a-like role, so it wouldn't hurt to check it out!

Oh, and this is just me, but I think you have the "Disney" smile down. Although, I'm not a casting director of course.

Specifically for look a likes, yes. But they do hold the CP auditions all over and that's how they attract those that maybe can't afford to vacation in Orlando every six months or so. The only thing is you will have to move down there and begin working almost right away (auditions in March, move in/start working when school gets out) so I would start looking at places to stay like yesterday! There are a ton of apartments available but I would look into the Extended Stay hotels if you're only looking for seasonal. I've heard they offer Disney discounts at the one closest to the parks because Disney brings in so many seasonal performers. They are essentially apartments too that you don't have to sign a lease for. I wouldn't worry about your smile too much. I've seen pictures of characters with crooked teeth and I've heard of a parade face with an overbite! If you have all of your teeth in your head, and they're not like yellow or black, I think you'll be fine! I've only been to the CP auditions (and Columbus is literally like two hours away from me and I'm busy next Saturday so I can't go!). If you go to a CP audition for a regular f/p/s role, you won't be fitted for face even if they decide to cast you as such. 99% of the time, they don't carry the wigs and costumes to the audition cities. The thing to look for, for anyone auditioning through the CP auditions, is the lettering PFLA on your acceptance paperwork as a cast member in entertainment. PFLA means "possible face look alike" and sometimes, next to that, it'll say something like "mouse", "Pluto", or "chipmunks". PFLA means they are looking at you for face, the second part tells you what height range you're in and therefore what fur friends you might have. If you're not doing the CP, then you will get a phone call (provided you get hired) and they will tell you which characters they are looking at you for. There was one person pulled from the Pennsylvania auditions last year as F/P/S as Peter Pan and he was put in the character pool so I know it has happened.

Gotcha. Thanks km3472, that makes me feel better!

Great info, harpist, thank you! I just asked my dad, "Hey, Daddy. What if I'm cast?" He goes, "Well, that'd be great!" & I said, "Well, would I just have to turn it down?" & he goes, "Of course, Savannah, we don't live anywhere near Orlando." Then I told him that I could work seasonal, as in I could leave after school & work there for the summer. To that, he responded, "Oh Really? Well...." And said nothing else. I'm not going to get into some great big debate with him without having even auditioned yet! But if I'm fortunate enough to be cast, there will be some big time lobbying and begging going on at my house!!

Haha I feel your pain! My dad is totally against pretty much everything Disney. The thing to remember is that it's your life and you do what you think is best for you! If you're going to be 18 when you go down, you could get your own hotel room. Audition with a friend and split the cost!

:O how is that possible?! Maybe he'll come around!

Unfortunately, I don't even turn 17 until June 27. But I'm a professional persuader (when it comes to my parents, that is) & he's all about me "fulfilling my dreams & living a wholesome life". So if I play that card, I have a shot! Well, I'm off to watch Peter Pan. Thank you so much to everyone for the warm welcome to MiceChat and all of the helpful information. I'm very happy to be a part of this community, & I hope I'm not annoying anyone too much, because I'm sure to be around for as long as this thread is still up & running! (I promise I won't be asking nearly as many questions once I've attended auditions for myself!!)

---------- Post added 03-10-2012 at 08:10 PM ----------

Last edited by savannahmae95; 01-30-2014 at 05:58 PM.