Page 374 of 541 FirstFirst ... 274324349364371372373374375376377384399424474 ... LastLast
Results 5,596 to 5,610 of 8103

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Haha hope you enjoyed Peter Pan! And I think it'll become worse if I get character because if there's one thing he hates more than Disney, it's me wanting to do anything besides costuming. BUT I don't care what he thinks because I want character and he makes this thread unhappy!
    Feel free to ask as many questions as you have! Chances are someone else has the same questions but are too afraid to ask! If I don't feel comfortable answering your question, and if I know the answer, I'll send you a private message.
    Don't wish yourself an inch shorter! It sucks being short! Dresses and skirts always fall at an awkward length, it's nearly impossible to find jeans that'll not drag on the ground, and you have to wear heels just to look people in the eyes! But I seriously doubt Disney will put you in a dead height range purposefully. They usually try to fudge your height to get you out of the dead height and are only forced to but you in it if you are smack dab in the middle. I don't think they'll measure you down to anything below 5'3" because that would take you out of your height range (princess) and put you in the Awkward Inch. I call it the Awkward Inch (5'2"-5'3") because for some reason, it seems like there an abundance of characters, but no one seems to want to be in this range. Tink/Wendy/Alice will sometimes expand up through here, and because of the half inch rule the princesses will occansionally (you won't see Jasmine here, but the others because they wear heels) span down here. As for fur, you have Chip, Dale, Terk, Jake, Phineas, Ferb, Bullseye, Winnie, etc. There are a ton of furs but those are the ones that come to mind right away! I would think it's a great height to be in, but for some reason Disney usually fudges you out of it unless you're like 5'1 1/2" and look exactly like Snow White or something, then they might put you into it.

I sure did enjoy it Gotta practice my Wendy voice just in case!

You're right. I guess there are advantages & disadvantages, no matter what height you are! And even if I'm never cast (whether it be due to my height or not), I can always dance around my house & pretend I'm Cinderella or Tink! That will NEVER get old!

I guess my height isn't so bad after all.

I was thinking to wear keds since they don't add much height to me, but I'm worried that without real tennis shoes I'll slip & slide. Maybe in tennis shoes I can measure to be 5"4.5, which may cause them to measure me at 5"5!? Haha, whatever happens, happens! I'm just excited for the opportunity!!

---------- Post added 03-11-2012 at 01:41 PM ----------

Also: props to you for following your dreams, even if they don't please your father. Is he in the costuming business/industry? I'd like to think that if you get character, he'll be happy simply because you're happy, but since I don't know him, I obviously can't really offer a valid opinion on that. Anyway, like you said earlier, it's your life! You've got to focus on making YOURSELF enjoy the one life you're given!
    Last edited by savannahmae95; 01-30-2014 at 05:59 PM.

Savannah - you take off your shoes when they measure you, so it doesn't matter. Wear whatever you feel comfortable in!
    Last edited by km3472; 03-11-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Oh! Great! I'm so glad you told me that. Duh, I should have known! :P haha. I'll be wearing sneakers then My raggedy old sneakers with a hole where my left big toe is. (I choose to spend my $ on Disney movies rather than new shoes...) Hopefully they won't thinking I'm hinting at Cinderella

they won't think**

Haha no my dad's not into costuming. He's just weird about it because I guess he feels like if I find a new hobby, I'll stop making repairs to clothes and stuff. I guess he's also looking out for my future because costuming is something I can do for life and it's something that I can progress in throughout my life. Character I'd be doing for maybe the next twenty years and then I'd have to start from the bottom of the totem pole in costuming. Oh well. I'm okay with that!
    And yes, you will take off your shoes for the measurements. I would recommend something that you could get out of quickly or have two pairs of shoes because the line backs up there and you really don't want to be the one holding up the line! Haha and honestly, I wouldn't recommend wearing sneakers with holes and stuff in them. It just looks kind of unprofessional. There was a girl at one of my auditions who wore ripped tights and clothes with holes all over them and even though she was a really good dancer, she just looked like she didn't care. If you can't afford a new pair of sneakers, I would recommend getting a cheap pair of dance shoes. You can get ballet shoes for $10. At the auditions, the two choreographers (one for each audition) wore either hip hop sneakers or gym shoes. The gym shoes were all white and looked brand new and I wouldn't suggest anyone buy hip hop sneakers unless you're getting into hip hop professionally. Those shoes start at $35 for the cheap ones. But I would really suggest buying or wearing shoes without holes in them just so you look like you really want the job.

Harpist- thank you so much for the information and help. My gap is small but noticeable up close so I figured it would hurt a little. Let me just make sure I follow the information on the college program and entertainment- if I get chosen in entertainment I can et part time after and do summer seasonal to keep a job? And for auditions does anyone know when I would know if i get the job begin work if the audition was in march? I saw in a post they said after school is out but if i was in the second week of June would they allow me to graduate then go down? Just speaking of I get this because if I put a down payment for college and decide to put a hold on that until after this job it would suck losing all that money.

That's true. The hole isn't noticeable at all, so it might be fine. I'll run to Target though & see what I can find today. Or just wear my mom's new sneakers!

Princess: No problem! You can definitely go seasonal after your program. If you want to keep your job you can, or you also have the option of trying for a different role. If you want to too, you can also extend your program into the next one. If you audition for the CP in March, your program would start anytime between May/June or Aug/Sept. I think the latest arrival dates are like June/Sept 20. Everyone's program ends on or around Jan. 3. You will have to decide if you want to do the CP or a regular position before you audition. You are only eligible for the CP if you have been in college for at least one trimester/quarter/semester, depending on what your school is on, and you have to be 18 at the time you're applying. If you want to audition right away in March for a f/p/s position and not do the CP, you have a couple of options. There is an option on the form you fill out that asks you what you're looking for. You could check any of the three. Then it asks you start dates so you can make it after your graduation. If you are concerned about them not hiring you because you only want to do seasonal work, I did see one person get hired as a full timer in the entertainment department and then switch to seasonal while she was working there so that is an option too.
    Savannah: if it's not too noticeable, it should be fine. I was thinking like it was a huge hole and you could describe what type of socks you were wearing and stuff.

Haha no! It's about a dime sized hole.I've been meaning to buy new shoes anyway since it bothers me, so this is the perfect time!

AHHH thank you so much seriously! I'm so glad I found this site! Do infill out anything or sign up before the audition because I've been looking just to be sure but can't find anything. This really helped me so much and I'll be sure to follow up later on with anything! If I don't get this role I'll be doing the CP or at least applying around this time if not earlier next year! Once again thank you do much

You don't have to fill anything out prior to the audition if you're not going as a CP. They hold auditions throughout the o****ry twice a year, once in March and then again in October so you can always reapply then! Just bring a current photo of yourself and your entertainment resume, if you have one. Basically if you have had any dance, acting, or even some kid experience you would want to give them that information. I wouldn't put on their babysitting, but things like if you've done kids birthday parties, or worked in a daycare, those require more of a skill set that they would be interested in. Make sure too that your photo is of your face, but that it also includes some of your body. At least your neck and upper chest should be in the picture. Don't do a profile or three quarter because then they can't see your faces' shape.

---------- Post added 03-12-2012 at 12:43 PM ----------

* That should actually be "country". I was typing too fast and accidentally switched the o and the c, therefore creating a bad word And my computer won't let me fix it.

Last edited by savannahmae95; 01-30-2014 at 06:01 PM.

Great reading

"The best time to audition at Disney for entertainment is October-December, because Disney is given a budget in each department, and if they don't spend their budget by the end of every fiscal year, they are given less money the next year. They hire people full-time like CRAZY. I know about 20 people who got full-time in the last week."

Can anyone confirm/deny this?

I know! That shocked me. It makes a lot of sense, though, doesn't it?