Page 378 of 548 FirstFirst ... 278328353368375376377378379380381388403428478 ... LastLast
Results 5,656 to 5,670 of 8213

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

km, when are your merida auditions? maybe look up youtube videos of scottish accents if you haven't already! good luck! i hope you make it! I hope we all make our auditions & are cast & can work together!

My audition is this Wednesday at 6PM! I feel prepared enough for it. I'll probably be watching Kelly MacDonald interviews on youtube leading up to it haha She's the voice actress for Merida so I figured if I studied anyone's Scottish accent it should be hers. Thanks for the encouragement, I hope for the best for you as well!

Good luck! That's a great idea! Break a leg

I have a feeling Merida is going to have a very toned down Scottish accent. I have heard Scottish people speak and it's really hard to understand them and I can't imagine that they would have her do a full-out Scottish accent because of that.

You're probably right harpist! Her voice actress does have a fairly toned down accent, and I'm sure they can't expect all of Merida's friends to perfect a heavy accent like that. I've been focusing on rolling my R's just slightly and getting the vowel sounds down.

And let's be honest. When they ask you to read for Alice/Wendy/Mary, you need to have a fairly good British accent because everyone knows what a British accent is and we have all tried to imitate it at least once. Scottish accents aren't something that we try to imitate on a fairly regular basis nor have we a movie or people that we hear speak with a Scottish accent on a fairly regular basis. I don't think that they will be looking for you to have a perfect Scottish accent at the audition. I think they are looking to see that you know a Scottish accent is different from like a German accent and that when they teach you something, you can pick up on it and repeat it back to them. Like if they were trying to teach you a German accent (sorry it's the only accent I know of with distinct sounds that are different) and they tell you to pronounce each "W" as a "V", they are expecting you to be able to say something like "Ve Vere valking..." and not respond with "we were walking". They just want to see how much work it'll take to teach you that accent to some extent and how much you come in already knowing.

---------- Post added 03-21-2012 at 06:24 AM ----------

Good luck to everyone auditioning to be friends with Merida today! From the sounds of it, they are pulling a TON of girls and they're looking for extremely round faces!

Hey guys! Another face character hopeful here looking to learn a little more about these auditions. I've previously been to a character performer audition while I was a cp and well, i made it all the way through the end, but didn't get picked. It's really a dream of mine to be a face character, not one in specific because I know casting has a weird way of making decisions, but because of my height, I'd say Aladdin's my closest bet. (I like Aladdin, I'm sure you can tell by my username, haha.) In general, and for those who know a lot about these auditions, how often do they pick guys/girls with weirdly shaped noses? My nose is weird, you can't really tell except in pictures, I guess you can say one of my nostril is bigger than the other :| (I can't believe I just said that on the internet.) I just can't help but think this is the reason why they're not picking me. Is your nose important when it comes to these people looking for the right choices to make?

Nose is usually a big factor unless, for some reason, you are doing Aladdin and Jasmine. Jasmine is drawn with a big nose so I understand why they're more accepting of bigger noses for her but I'm not sure why Aladdin sometimes gets a weirdly shaped nose. Did you make it until the end during a CP audition (like the ones they do before the program) or an audition when CPs were allowed to audition (during the program)? If you auditioned during a CP audition, chances are you weren't being looked at for face. If you made it until the end of an audition while on the program, it might not have been that you didn't look enough like the character (because if you made it that far, you did) but that Aladdin already had enough friends and didn't need to make any more. Honestly, I don't think your nose will be a problem for you unless the one nostril is taking up the entire side of your nose or something! I would suggest attending a strictly face audition and see what happens. I'm not sure who they're looking for right now but I know they're looking for more princesses so I would *assume* that they're looking for princes too and Aladdin is a regular character at the park. It's not like you're hoping to get Hercules or, worse yet, Taran so you will definitely have a chance!

How did merida auditions go?

I went to the Merida auditions, they had a very specific look in mind. On the table they already had a picture of someone dressed as her that they based off of. They picked 2 out of the 50 in my group. They're looking for overall small features on a large, round face, which sadly I just don't have.

I'm starting to think my nose is making it impossible for me to be a face character as well. Its too big, definitely not a princess nose. Oh well, I'll keep trying!

That's too bad :/ Wow, 2 of 50? That's not very many at all!
    Last edited by savannahmae95; 01-30-2014 at 06:04 PM.

• ^_~.

Has anyone seen on the audition website that they're holding a "nation search" for Tinker Bell? Apparently you just send in a headshot and resume to them. So how does that work? How can they tell from your headshot if you have the right body type, personality, etc? Is it that they look at all the faces, and from there choose people who can come in to audition?
    Also, I'm confused if they're auditioning for just Tinker Bell. They only listed her personality description in the listing, but there was a photo of all of the fairies, and the height range was 4'0" to 5'2". 5.2" seems awfully tall for Tinker Bell. I'm asking because I think I could actually have a good shot at Fawn. I'm just under 5'2" and have brown hair and dark brown eyes.
    Also, would sending in a photo count as "auditioning?" I don't want to have to wait another six months to attend and audition just because I sent in a photo :P

Harpist told me you send your photo/resume and if they like you a lot, they'll ask you to audition, and if you can attend one of the upcoming tink/princess auditions, do so.

I'm slowly getting more and more worried about auditioning in a week (and a couple days). I auditioned last year about this time and got put on the wait list and never called. But now I am a Cast member so they wont have to pay me to go through all the stuff again. I'm wondering if that will help my chances........ I would love to be a face character but I just really want to perform in parades....and know I'll do fully clothed characters too. I don't mind.... I'm 5' 2.08" (according to Disney) and 110 pounds. What do you guys thin??? lol I'm hoping for some kind of reassurance but if you can't give that I understand :P