Page 379 of 540 FirstFirst ... 279329354369376377378379380381382389404429479 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,685 of 8087

• Real or not real?

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Hey, new member here.
    So I have a question I can't seem to find an answer to after searching around online.
    Is there a certain amount of time you have to wait after going to one audition?
    For example, the Character Performer and Fantasmic Look Alike this coming week in Anaheim. One is one Wednesday and the other is on Sunday.
    Would it be okay to go to both? Typically in theatre, this can cause scheduling conflicts, but because it's Disney, and there are so many people auditioning constantly, would it be different?
    Basically, I'm not sure if I would rather do the Character Performer or Look Alikes, but if there's a chance I only attended one audition and was dismissed, but I attended another, I fit the part, would that work?
    I wouldn't want to go to just one and then have been able to fit the other.
    I'm not entirely sure on what the differences are on the two roles either, but I'm a gymnast and theatre geek, so I would assume that would help me out a bit besides fitting the look they want?
    And also, does bringing a resume/headshot to an audition make any difference?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by tianamica; 03-26-2012 at 01:35 AM.
    *Carpe Diem* | ~Sempre~

Hello micechat! Sorry for falling off of the face of the world for a couple of days. It's been a weird two days for me. But I am back and I do have some comments about everyone's posts! Unfortunately today is also the first day of spring quarter and, call me crazy, I don't want to be late to my first day! Haha I promise though, as soon as I get out of school, I will have a long post for everyone (and I'll have time to go through my private messages too!).

• Pluto Lover

Hey all! I noticed the Fantasmic! look-alike auditions were on the 1st and thought I might try out, except I keep talking myself out of it. I was wondering if I could get some feedback from the people I know are very knowledgeable in all things Disney! I have been searching everywhere all morning for information about the Disney auditions and learned a lot, but still have questions. Any advice would be appreciated!

1) The main reason I am not sure about trying out is because I don't think I resemble any Disney characters. I am 5'5 barefoot with blue eyes. The closest I can think of is either Aurora or Belle. What do you think? (I'll update my profile picture) Do they consider looks as important as if I were auditioning for a meet n greet character? Also, eye color. I couldn't find anything online about weather eye-color is an automatic cut or not.

2)I am trying out for Fantasmic! because I read online that casters will be looking for different things for a Fantasmic! look-alike vs. a meet n greet look-alike. (Such as more focus on dance skills rather than acting) I would consider myself an intermediate dancer well rounded in all dance styles, so as long as I can be energetic enough and keep up with the more advanced dancers I think I have a shot.

3) I read about Fantasmic! performers having different roles, but it was mostly for pirates, flower petals, elephants, kaa and monkeys. I didn't see much information about look-alikes being cast in multiple roles. Would it be too much of a costume change? Although, this is Disney we are talking about, if there is a will there is a way. I would love to do multiple tasks and not just sit backstage until the finale.

4) Last question, (Sorry this post is so long) If I did get a part in Fantasmic! would I be performing every night 2x in a row or are their multiple casts? I'm thinking multiple casts, but I couldn't find anything online. Would I work only at night or would they put me somewhere else during the day? How many hours/ how much pay does this type of job provide? I guess my biggest questions are "if" I get the part, will I have enough time/money to actually do it.

Thanks again for any information!

---------- Post added 03-26-2012 at 10:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tianamica View Post
    Hey, new member here.
    So I have a question I can't seem to find an answer to after searching around online.
    Is there a certain amount of time you have to wait after going to one audition?
    I'm not 100% sure about what to do if there are two auditions you want in the same week. I did read somewhere about a 6 month wait before auditioning again. I have been through so many sites/boards this morning that I can't find where I saw that at. Sorry.

---------- Post added 03-26-2012 at 12:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bevowen1991 View Post
    I'm slowly getting more and more worried about auditioning in a week (and a couple days). I auditioned last year about this time and got put on the wait list and never called. But now I am a Cast member so they wont have to pay me to go through all the stuff again. I'm wondering if that will help my chances........ I would love to be a face character but I just really want to perform in parades....and know I'll do fully clothed characters too. I don't mind.... I'm 5' 2.08" (according to Disney) and 110 pounds. What do you guys thin??? lol I'm hoping for some kind of reassurance but if you can't give that I understand :P
    Which auditions are you going to? Character or Fantasmic? I think since you have previous auditioning experience you may be less nervous and know what to focus on for this round of auditions. That should help! It is cool that you are a cast member, I don't know how much that helps your chances, I have never done an audition or worked for Disney, but I want to try and audition for Fantasmic! Any tips for a first timer? Good luck!

Okay I'm going to try to answer everything for everyone so bear with me! I'll divide it up as to who asked the question but a lot of questions overlap.
    Chasethedream: The new Tink auditions threw me through a loop! I have been researching working for Disney for about six years now and I had never heard of them doing something like this (however I did send in my headshot/resume just in case!) I THINK what will happen is they'll look at your face shape and skin tone and see if you resemble Tink. Your resume will tell them if you have any experience in the entertainment field but it won't really hurt your chances if you don't have any experience because I know people who get hired as face for their first jobs. Make sure to put your height on the resume. If they like your face, I think they'll contact you and ask you to come to an audition for a final review. Tink is often "friends" with Alice and Wendy too which is why she is given that height range. The rest of the fairies start at 5'3" so that no matter which friend is hanging out with them that day, Tink will always be the shortest in the group. There is a hallway before you enter Pixie Hollow where everyone is shrunk down to fairy size so they don't need all of the friends to be super short. The six month rule only applies to the weekly auditions that Disney holds at Disney World only. Disneyland does not have a six month rule (but they also only hold auditions about every six months) and neither do the College Program auditions. I haven't looked at the audition page in awhile, but unless it specifically says that audition is held to the six month rule, it does not apply.
    bevowen1991: Where exactly do you work? I think it could definitely help you if you're already a Disney CM because you already know the traditions class, and all of the Disney values. The only way I could see it hurting you is if you have been written up multiple times or are a bad employee!
    tianamica: Depending on where you audition, there may be a requirement (see Chasthedream part about the six month rule). I assume that you're auditioning for Disneyland, which doesn't have that rule so you can audition twice. Something to remember though is that the Character Performer auditions are going to be for fur characters only. If they are looking for face it would be a "Disney Character Look-A-Like" audition. I don't know if that is what you want, but everyone has to start off as fur for training before they can start face training. I'm not entirely sure how the Fantasmic schedules work, but I'll explain more about them with Itlhub's response. As for headshots and resumes, they are definitely useful! Even if you have your friend take a picture of you the night before. I would only bring a resume if you have entertainment or other experience directly related to what you're auditioning for (i.e. dance, parade, theatre, other Disney work, etc.). A resume saying you worked X many months as an unloader for trucks at stores isn't going to help you much! And they do take a picture of you at the audition but the light is always terrible, the person taking it never gets the right angle, and in general they just look terrible! Pretty much think of your driver's license picture. Having lots of pictures to look at, expecially when going for face, will help your chances because that's one more way for them to remember you and you want them to remember you!
    Itlhub: The good news is that eye color is not an automatic cut, expecially for things like shows and parades because the audience will be too far away to tell what color your eyes are. Even for park characters, if they really like your face they'll give you colored contacts. You should look up some pictures of Fantasmic to see what they're looking for face wise for the characters. I have a feeling that they are a lot more lax on looking like the character as long as you can perform the things you need too because they have the benefit of the distance factor. If I'm not mistaken, Peter Pan is usually done by a girl, as are half the pirates. I would think that there are two casts but that they rotate nights. I've spent many years in theatre and when they do double cast (usually they'll double cast the bigger roles or the roles with the most action) one cast will do both shows on a day and then rest the next. It does take a lot of time to get into makeup and costumes and the turnover time between the showings wouldn't be enough to get one cast out of costumes and wigs and get the next one in. I also think that all of the characters on the big boat(s) at the end are probably park characters and that they're only casting for characters like the monkeys, the Peter boat, etc. Those characters probably are double casted because their roles are more physically demanding and if Peter were to get sick, it would be more noticeable than if Meg wasn't in the show. Also, just remember, you don't have to keep up with the dancers at the audition! You just have to keep the casting director's attention. They know that you probably won't be able to do all of the choreography in the twenty minutes they give you to learn it. They just want to see how you handle it and how well you can entertain them. And, think of it this way, if the casting director only looks at you during the audition, you are who they are going to remember and not anyone else!
    Hopefully this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask and I'll give you my honest opinion! Just a heads up though to the new folks (welcome by the way!) I don't comment on if you look like a character or not. I'm not casting and sometimes I don't see what they see so I don't like getting people's hopes up or dashing them only to have their fortunes changed at their audition!

Well hello, I am very new here. I technically joined back in Feb, but I haven't really posted. I have to say this thread is very interesting. You guys give really good advice and provide a well amount of info. I really wish I could be a character at Disneyland, it would be interesting to understand how everything works, and just for the experience. I have been working as friends with fellow characters like Tweety, Taz and Speedy over at Six Flags for about six seasons and if I were to return this season it would be 7.

So I was wondering, does it matter or give me a slight better chance of getting a position because of my experience? Or does it not matter much to them, that they want to see what I look like, what I can pick up and how well I act out things?

• Pluto Lover

Wow, thanks for all of the information harpist!!! I think I will go try out, the worst that happens is I don't make it. If I don't go, I will probably wish I had for the rest of my life. Thanks again!

Welcome Kellisney! I'm new to this audition stuff but in my opinion, a little (or a lot) experience never hurt anyone. Good luck!

Well to be honest, I was just curious, I am not going to an audition. I appreciate your welcoming and encouraging words though, thank you!

Hello everyone!! I just wanted to tell everyone of something that happened to me tonight because i figure y'all would like to hear, yall may not though, haha. Anyway, I met Jodi Benson, the voice of Ariel. Oh my goodness it was magical. I live in the same town as she does and the director of the theatre at my college (I'm a theatre major) apparently know each other really well. So he asked her to come talk to the theatre students and she is just so nice. She gave us advice on the business and heard some students sing and gave them some critiques and it was awesome. The highlight, and I mean highlight, of the night was when she sang Part of Your World for us just on a whim. It was such an intimate session too. There was probably 30 of us there. She sounded exactly like the film. Me and a handful of other girls started to cry when she was singing it. It was just such an overwhelm of emotion, I didn't know how else to handle those emotions other than cry. Then we went up to meet her and I cried like a fool, a FOOL. I was like, "I'm such a fan and I love you." and I was stupid but it was so worth it. She let me hug her and I had a picture with her off an iPad so it's not that great. But she was such a sweetheart. You could tell she was just genuinely a sweetheart. She had one of those cups that are plastic with a top and straw that you can take around everywhere with you but it had Ariel on it. Haha. It was truley magical. I felt very blessed. She was so proud and thankful just to be part of Disney and it just makes me want to be part of Disney even more.
    Last edited by Michkay; 03-26-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Kellisney: welcome! Your experience would definitely help you, should you ever decide to audition. Everyone, including face, starts off in training as a fur and since you have experience there Disney would know that you can already perform well in those types of costumes. If you are going for face, you will still need to look a lot like the character in order to get the position and you would still need to be able to pantomime (aka play charades) really well in order to get hired. I would think though, having that many years' of experience in doing that, it should be relatively easy for you at this point!
    Michkay: that is amazing! I would've been sobbing when she walked into the room. I love the Little Mermaid and Thumbelina! And to get advise from her would be utterly amazing! I know I'm using that word a lot, but I can't think of a better one to use! Haha congratulations!
    Itlhub: you're very welcome! Glad I could help! And trust me, not going to an audition is grounds to make you regret for a long time. I am regretting not going to the CP auditions they held here not too long ago, even though I had something else to do that day.

out of curiosity a star was placed on audition paperwork at an audition what does that possibly mean? we took my daughter several weeks ago and then she was held along with maybe 3 or 4 other girls for further dancing instruction. they were the last to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by disneymom222 View Post
    out of curiosity a star was placed on audition paperwork at an audition what does that possibly mean? we took my daughter several weeks ago and then she was held along with maybe 3 or 4 other girls for further dancing instruction. they were the last to leave.
    I'm not entirely sure. It could be, since your daughter was held until the very end with just a few others, that they put the star on there so they would be sure to review her audition later because she passed as far as those directors felt, but they needed to check with the others or something. Which type of audition was this for? CP, parade, weekly WDW?

I believe it was a generic audition. there were possibly 200 that auditioned.

Was it at WDW or one of the travelling auditions? Either way I think she'll be getting a call from Disney, but if it was at WDW it could be anytime in the next six months and if it was somewhere else, it will probably be around mid-late April.

Hey I've been reading through threads here for a while, but I've just joined.
    I live in Sydney, Australia and will be able to audition for Hong Kong or Paris in two years.
    I'm 150 cm (about 5 feet), with blue eyes, so I'd be hoping for Tink.
    I'm wondering if being bilingual (English, French and basic Italian, which I'm not counting) would be an advantage, mainly for Paris. As for Hong Kong, I know no Chinese (except a couple of swears in Mandarin, which I would definitely NOT be using!). I've got good improvisational skills thanks to drama and musical theatre, and Tink is a very physical part anyway, as far as I can tell. I'll definitely pay attention to the characters when I go to Disneyland (next January with choir!).

I laughed so hard when I saw you only know swears! I took a year of French and all I learned was essentially "shut up". I would say knowing French and English will definitely help you in Paris because they require you speak one of those languages and if you can speak both it'll be really good! Paris also has Wendy and Alice come out a lot and you are in their height range as well. I know of an Australian Wendy that worked in Paris for awhile too so you have a good shot! From what I've heard, Hong Kong doesn't have a lot of characters outside of the princesses. Granted, I heard that many years ago and I haven't done any research on Hong Kong since so I don't think that's true, but it's something to look into. Here's the picture of that Wendy:DLP Spring 2010 - Peter and Wendy Come Out to Play | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Quote Originally Posted by alittleroisin View Post
    Hey I've been reading through threads here for a while, but I've just joined.
    I live in Sydney, Australia and will be able to audition for Hong Kong or Paris in two years.
    I'm 150 cm (about 5 feet), with blue eyes, so I'd be hoping for Tink.
    I'm wondering if being bilingual (English, French and basic Italian, which I'm not counting) would be an advantage, mainly for Paris. As for Hong Kong, I know no Chinese (except a couple of swears in Mandarin, which I would definitely NOT be using!). I've got good improvisational skills thanks to drama and musical theatre, and Tink is a very physical part anyway, as far as I can tell. I'll definitely pay attention to the characters when I go to Disneyland (next January with choir!).