Page 382 of 526 FirstFirst ... 282332357372379380381382383384385392407432482 ... LastLast
Results 5,716 to 5,730 of 7878

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Thank you! Yes, I have heard about the sizes... it makes me nervous, haha. But I am for sure NOT going to miss out on this wonderful opportunity just because of a fear that I have! I'm mostly going for practice & to scope out the audition process, etc. for myself!

I will let you guys know if I learn anything new! And I definitely thought it was about time for me to join you lovely people in this discussion!
    Hey Snow -

go for it! I knew one of the girls who was snow white and she is actually pretty curvy - she looks like a sze 14 or more. The Snow White costume covers up a lot so I dont think size for that character is a problem, Jasmine however...

YOU'RE INCREDIBLE. Thank you! Not to creep, but do you by chance have a picture of her? Haha...
    "Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." G. K. Chesterton

Yeah Snows are a bit curvier since she's only 14 according to Disney canon, therefore she still has her babyfat! Remember too that you will be wearing na leotard underneath of the dress too which will help to squeeze it all in!
    About the person who asked about the six month rule (sorry it's on the other page!) I would say try it. The worst they can do is send you away without letting you audition and you can always apologize and say you didn't know. Also, if you're looking at the princess/Tink auditions that are touring all over the country, those are not included in the six month rule either.

Name:  tumblr_lht1xjXWa71qdaww5o1_500.jpg
Views: 1078
Size:  147.6 KB
    Here's the friend of Snow I was thinking that was slightly curvier than others (honestly though she looks like the perfect healthy size for Snow). I can't find any better pictures of her ):

Thanks harpist! Unfortunately those auditions are 18+ so I cannot attend. I think I'll just go to a Thursday one in May...

This will give you an idea of the range of Princess sizes.

Km: I have not heard back yet!! If they don't call me by the end of May, I pretty much know I didn't get it. I know now that it's a different type of pool for the CP auditions. It's not that they don't have available positions for my height necessarily, it's that they are reviewing all the people that made it to the end (me being one of them) and calling the ones they want this month. Aww, and thank you so much! I'd love to be friends with Wendy. I think I'm about an inch too tall though. Also, Harpist told me that Wendy currently does not need any more friends right now! But thank you for asking!!

Yeah so auditioned for a second time today and had a not very good experience. Last time I auditioned I made it to the end...this time I did not make it past the first round...so yeah not too happy but yeah it happens...... :P they were obviously looking for something else but a little bitter about it lol!!

Ah, I'm so excited for you Savannah! I wish you the absolute best of luck, but I doubt you'll need it I'm sure you'd be an amazing friend with whoever you end up with, fingers crossed!

bevowen - Don't be discouraged! If casting put you through that far once, I bet it will happen again. I know it's tough to wait, I'm very impatient myself about auditioning because I want to show them what I've got. Just remember when the time is right everything will fall into place! Where/what did you audition for?

I auditioned at WDW for Character/parade performer...and might send in a specialty video. I competed on a world class level with winterguard. So i spin flag, rifle, and sabre...so might see if they want some of that...Really I miss performing....At this audition they didn't take down ANY information besides my name and height.....I wish I wasn't an ethical person or I'd try to go audition earlier than 6 months....lol

Hi! I too got put into the Character Pool last month as Cinderella's Prince Charming. I put on the application that I was looking for part time, full time, and seasonal.... but I should have only put seasonal. Whoops!
    My question is similar to the above, I'm wondering if I should try to take another job in the parks in the mean time? I'm not in the CP, but just went to an audition and since I couldn't start right away, they put me in the Character Pool. Do you think I have a good chance of getting the job?
    I'm also moving from college at the University of Michigan down to Florida for the summer. I'm going to call back tomorrow to try to fix some stuff on my application while I'm in the pool.... but what do you all think? Are my chances good? And should I try to get another job in the mean time? Thanks for the help!!! Also, this is in reference to the Walt Disney World parks, not Disneyland.

Aww, thank you so much, km! That's so sweet of you and really means a lot!!

Bevowen - I'm sorry to hear you didn't make it. But like km said, if you have made it to the end before, then you obviously have what it takes!! Disney is so picky and specific with what/who they are looking for at different times, and just because you weren't who/what they were looking for this time, that doesn't mean they won't hire you eventually! If you've already made it to being pooled, it's only a matter of time before you're cast. Keep your chin up! It'll happen some day!

Ooh congrats, princecharmingluv! That's so exciting! I don't know the answers to your questions, because I don't know a ton about this whole process, but I'm sure someone will know!

Last edited by KatelinDiane; 05-05-2014 at 03:48 PM.

• ~*~Just a dream away~*~

Quote Originally Posted by KatelinDiane View Post
    Hi again! So, my new strategy is to essentially attend every audition I could possibly qualify for, just to get my foot in the door. The next audition coming up for me is the Princess Look-alikes for Disneyland.

It doesn't require a dance or anything, so does anyone know what would be the best thing to wear for it? I don't want to be too dressed up, but I don't want to look like I don't care either.

Oh yeah, and what about makeup and hair? Should makeup be more natural, or should I try to define my features more? As for hair, is it best in a ponytail or down?

thats my strategy too for face , ive noticed that its pretty much what they are looking for down to the specific. but you dont know for sure what that is until you see who they pick. i got cut for the first face i went to, and kept for the second , i think what you wear , really doesnt matter
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings

did anyone do the Female parade performer auditions at Disneyland this past Tuesday? They're supposed to be calling people, I just wanted to have an idea of when calls were going out if anyone made/makes it! That way I know when to stop jumping when my phone rings, wondering if it's them :P

Wow I definitely missed a lot on here just in the past two days! Sorry! As usual, I'm going to try to answer all of the questions I can but I'm pretty sure I'll miss a few (or half...) because I'm going on memory and it's shot today. Not sure why, but I can't seem to even put two sentences together! Haha
    About the auditions and getting cut right away, that happened to me too. My first audition I was kept until the very last round of rejections before I received mine (kind of a let down) and the second time I was rejected right away. They are looking for different height ranges at every audition and unfortunately they like rejecting people! Just take comfort in the fact that you made it so far last time, which shows that they liked you they just didn't have enough room for you. Getting hired at Disney is like winning the lottery, you have to be at the right place at the right time. Thankfully though the odds are (slightly) better!
    Prince Charming/character pool question. I don't have a lot of information on like a percentage of people who get put in the character pool that get hired, I can only tell you the theory behind it. Technically, what the pool is for, is that if a position becomes available they will go through the pool first and make calls from that for the people who fit those characters at the audition. If they don't have anyone pre-approved in the pool or all of the people are no longer available or something, they'll look for that character at an audition. That's the theory. In reality, I know people who were put in the pool after being fitted for a character and they don't get a call or anything and Disney hires someone else to be friends with that character. They only thing I can suggest/give you hope in is to look at the Disney auditions website and see who they're hiring for. If they're looking for prince Charmings, your chances of being called just went up. Also, this may be the cynic in me, either way you weren't supposed to audition for six months and after that time, when you're technically taken out of the pool, they might be looking for Charmings and you could be hired outright. Regardless, I would still call them to clarify your application because, if nothing else, you are bringing your name and your face up in their memory again and it might refresh them and you might get hired. Hundreds of people get put in the pool every six months and they might have forgotten about you.
    About the Disneyland princess auditions, I would double check on the no dancing thing. Usually even strictly face characters go through some sort of movement audition because they want to see you graceful you are and how well you react under pressure. The princesses are supposed to show grace and elegance and stuff all the time but if a person is constantly tripping or starts cursing or something when trying to do something generally regarded as hard by most non-dancers, then what will they do in the parks when a child is aggravating them if they get frustrated over a dance. Either way I wouldn't wear a dress and heels to the audition because you are going to have to do some sort of animation/movement exercise after the first cut and a princess wouldn't be showing her underwear to everyone (or attempting to do one of those awkward knees together, dress pulled tightly down, wobbling as you slowly crouch down things). As a face character you probably won't be doing much pantomime, but you have to train as a fur and technically you can still be given fur shifts even as a face so you will have to know how to do it.
    About the phone calls, I know for the CP auditions phone calls/emails are sent out during normal business hours and usually just during the week. So, from like 9-5 California time (since you're looking at Disneyland specifically, otherwise 9-5 Flroida time). For hte CP at least, most of the calls were made specifically between 10-2/3.