Page 383 of 541 FirstFirst ... 283333358373380381382383384385386393408433483 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,745 of 8103

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Last edited by savannahmae95; 01-30-2014 at 06:07 PM.

Last edited by MakeItBlue0312; 05-05-2014 at 03:50 PM.

I don't know if this will help, but everyone at my character performer and character lookalike audition wore nice exercise clothes, like yoga pants and fitted exercise tops. More dressy than sweats and t-shirts, but, still, workout type clothes. And for hair, I just wore mine down with a clip holding my bangs back. For the dance, I ended up putting it into a pony tail. Most girls just had their hair pulled back a little or all the way into a pony tail. I don't see any need to have it nicely "done" or curled or straightened. Just clean and neat and not in your face.

Would anyone be willing to let me know if they think I would fit for any characters? I really love the idea of being a face character and have just discovered this. I'm a perfect height.... just not sure if my face shape and look would work. Ive been told by a few that i would be great at this...but you know how people just say stuff.

Last edited by MakeItBlue0312; 05-05-2014 at 03:50 PM.

No problem!! Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great. Just have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by savannahmae95 View Post
    Oh, and Snow, you look a lot like Snow White in your photo!! I'm not casting so who knows what they'll think, but I think you resemble her. How tall are you?? I've heard she can be as short at 5'1" but goes up to 5'3" or 5'4". I'm pretty sure she's the shortest princess, since she's the youngest! And if you don't get it the first time, audition again! I hear Disney is so very specific about who they need at a certain time, so it's hit or miss!
    You have all been so encouraging to me! Snow White is my girl; I truly, truly love her character. <3 I am 5' 2''.

Hee hee, i could even post a couple pictures of me dressed up, if you guys are interested. I wasn't sure if I was ready to stoop to that level yet or not, lol. :P

As far as what to wear to the audition... I'm just going to a look a like audition, so I probs won't be doing much, if any dancing... Correct? I was going to wear a cute dress and belt that I could move around in, if necessary...

I have heard that it's better to wear exercise pants/shorts over a dress, since there could be animation/dance/both. You want to be as comfortable as possible to move around and bend and stuff like that.

---------- Post added 04-07-2012 at 08:16 PM ----------

Not wear the excercise pants/dress ON TOP OF a dress...haha, I mean I would choose to wear them and not a dress. haha sorry that was confusing.

Everyone at my audition for character/parade...yada yada was in workout clothes expect for one girl who were a nice dress with spandex shorts under it...she made it through...her hair was curled and her make-up was heavy. She stood out but in a good way to the casting directors but a bad way to the others auditioning...she was not very nice...

The first look alike I went to was two years ago now but everyone was in business attire.

Just another comment on what to wear - honestly, there are going to be all different types of outfits. So don't worry about "blending in". At both of the auditions I went to, yes, most people were in yoga pants and a t-shirt of some type, because they've either done it before or have done their research (like us :P). But there were also a lot of people in everyday wear - jeans, dresses, skirts etc. probably because it was their first auditions.

When you are in the face cut, very rarely will the casting director even look down past your neck unless they mentally approve your face. It's literally staring at your face for 3 seconds, then on to the next. They do not care what you are wearing, unless of course you have deliberately dressed up as a character. The girls I've seen get through have worn dresses as well as shorts and tights. It won't affect their decision. Makeup might, if worn too heavily.

I can't speak for later rounds, but I'd imagine you want to be comfortable. So if you feel comfortable in a dress or jeans rather than activewear because it's what your used to, go for it. Just remember you need to be ready for anything since you don't know what to expect. Be yourself! If you're not a dancer, don't go out and buy jazz or character shoes just because you want to "fit in". The only thing you should absolutely NOT wear are sandals or flip flops. Not only because they're hard to move in, but also because it is one of the few things the official audition site says not to do.

Although it's cheesy, the best thing you can wear is a genuine smile. You're at the first step to living your dream, after all

Hey guys! Thanks sooooooo much for all the help! I really appreciate it! I can answer some questions about the audition process. As for clothing, the one I went to, everyone wore completely different things. Some were in FULL dance get-ups and were doing intense stretching ahead of time (it kind of looked like they were trying to impress people hehehe). But, the people who actually made it through, were dressed in ALL different things. The girls who got through wore make-up that looked pretty normal, nothing too much or too little. All different shapes and sizes, but definitely more focused on the smaller ones. But people who got through were wearing everything from bright dresses, to all black yoga outfits. The most important part, at least what I saw, was that all the people who made it through were smiling the whole time, looked like they were having fun, and really just were happy people. Besides looks, which you can't control, the most important thing seemed to be the smile and the happiness you put out. I did the entire audition.... from start to finish starting with the dance routine, acting/miming sequence, puppeteer, and costume fitting in Disney World. Great experience and had a really great time! You're never fully dressed without a smile

Last edited by MakeItBlue0312; 05-05-2014 at 03:51 PM.

Snow: I really hope you get through, you look soo much like her it's uncanny. If I was a casting director and looking for a friend of Snow White, I'd pick you. You seem very sweet and uplifting, which is very Snow White in my opinion.

So I am wondering if anyone could tell me if I look like a character? I am not the most pretty thing around, but I hope I look like a character, or well at least somewhat...

Here is a pic of me with short hair. Sorry about the double pictures, got a little confused with images and what I can edit or not.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Kellisney; 04-10-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Put one without glasses!

I'm planning to audition in Tallahassee on the 20th and everyones' comments have been incredibly helpful! (Not sure I have the right face, but I won't know 'til I try!)

So if anyone else is going let me know - I'd love to connect with other members who are also attending!