Page 384 of 536 FirstFirst ... 284334359374381382383384385386387394409434484 ... LastLast
Results 5,746 to 5,760 of 8038

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

[post removed by author]
    Last edited by RubySlippers; 08-31-2012 at 02:11 PM.
    ... There's no place like home ...

Okay friends, I just finished with my audition... They def weren't looking for snow whites today! The casting directors did say that they were looking for very specific roles though. I was very surprised at the order they did everything!! We started off with the dance part and they didn't look at our faces!
    "Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." G. K. Chesterton

• Berm Buster

I'm sorry since everyone already seems to be in a very specific conversation but one quick question!

If its your first time, do you just show up early with a resume and headshot and then fill out an audition application or is there something that I'm missing that I have to do online before I show?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Brer Mole View Post
    I'm sorry since everyone already seems to be in a very specific conversation but one quick question!

If its your first time, do you just show up early with a resume and headshot and then fill out an audition application or is there something that I'm missing that I have to do online before I show?
    What audition are you going to specifically? Any normal face character (like meet and greet) or atmosphere character audition does not require you to bring any sort of headshot or resume, or even have you fill one out. I had a friend of mine audition for Jasmine a few times and on her first audition brought a headshot and resume, and they said thanks but no thanks. A lot of people show up to these auditions, so I think they feel that it would just be too wasteful to have to toss so many headshots and resumes for every audition.

Quote Originally Posted by Brer Mole View Post

Also... they didn't even have us fill out any paperwork! I was very surprised at how different this audition was from everything that I've heard. My (look a like)audition started at 11, and I got to the studio at around 10:15, which was just perfect because I had time to meet people and get used to the atmosphere before everything started.
    "Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." G. K. Chesterton

Last edited by KatelinDiane; 05-05-2014 at 03:53 PM.

KatelinDiane - I believe they ask you to sign in for multiple reasons. Usually if you get a chance to see it, the casting director is holding the sign in sheet. That way if he/she likes #1 for example, they look down to check your height to make sure you're in the range they're looking for. Then they mark off your number to call back. Just my guess

Personally, I don't bring a headshot or resume. Partly because I've heard a few people who got hired were told to keep them, and also because I have absolutely no formal experience in acting, so it looks a little sad with a page half full!

Last edited by KatelinDiane; 05-05-2014 at 03:54 PM.

• ~*~Just a dream away~*~

Need urgent advice!!! I have small tattoos on my arms and legs that are in the middle of laser removal. I cover them professionally with dermablend and cristian dior airbrush system. SHOULD I TELL THE CASTING DIRECTORS WHEN ASKED ABOUT ALL OF THEM, OR SHOULD I KEEP THEM HIDDEN???
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings

Last edited by KatelinDiane; 05-05-2014 at 03:54 PM.

For those wondering about the resume and head shot information, they do collect it. Just at a certain point in the process! For me, they collected head shots and resumes along with the application we filled out after we passed through the dance phase and started going into specified rooms. So, bring one, if you have one, and then just wait for them to ask for it! If they want it, they'll ask for it! I gave them mine because they asked for everyone's at a certain point in the audition process.

As for tattoo's, this is the same. There is a section on your application that asks for tattoos. Just write everything you said here (maybe a little more condensed), but be honest! I too have tattoos, but they are on my feet and are easily covered! They had no problem with this! Its actually a Classic Mickey and a Queen of Hearts hehehe! But, do be honest!

• ~*~Just a dream away~*~

how did everyone do that went to the face audition today?
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings

New to nice chat (Hello everyone!) I must say I did horrible at the auditions today. I let my nervousness ruin me today. I'm not giving up just yet though because I mad it past the first round at the Fantasmic look alike auditions, and I'm sure I can do it again (hopefully!). My question is are the fantasmic look alike auditions and regular look alike auditions ran the same? Like for Fantasmic we had to learn a dance but it wasn't clear if we'd be doing that today.

---------- Post added 04-22-2012 at 07:55 PM ----------

I meant Micechat* lol gotta love iPhone auto correct

I made it far at look-alike auditions today- past the initial cut, past the part where we read the sides. Out of the handful who read for my character, I was kept on while others were cut, then I was sent back to the holding room with approximately 30 others. Then, after much waiting they called me with some others and told me they didn't have anything for us at that point, but they would possibly call us. If they didn't call, they welcomed us to come audition again in the future.

I was there for 6 hours! I honestly thought they would keep me!! Did everyone else get cut that way? Can I honestly keep hoping they will call, or is that just then being nice to me? Does anyone know?
    Last edited by Flippancy; 04-22-2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Removed identifying info

Quote Originally Posted by Flippancy View Post
    I made it far at look-alike auditions today- past the initial cut, past the part where we read the sides. Out of the handful who read for my character, I was kept on while others were cut, then I was sent back to the holding room with approximately 30 others. Then, after much waiting they called me with some others and told me they didn't have anything for us at that point, but they would possibly call us. If they didn't call, they welcomed us to come audition again in the future.

I was there for 6 hours! I honestly thought they would keep me!! Did everyone else get cut that way? Can I honestly keep hoping they will call, or is that just then being nice to me? Does anyone know?
    Ive heard that happens a lot, but congrats on making it that far still! I think the next step would be putting the wigs and maybe costumes on, or did they tell all of you remaining that? Also what do you mean by " read the sides"?