Page 389 of 547 FirstFirst ... 289339364379386387388389390391392399414439489 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,835 of 8195

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

I'm sure DL has theirs lined up already! I know the girl who was the "test" for the convention in Vegas will also be friends with her there.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by minnie3188 View Post
    I heard there are two new mulans, an aurora, an anastasia and drizella, a belle, a cruella, a tiana, and a jasmine. I don't know if there are more/others too.
    oh, how'd you know? did you go to the auditions as well?

So Disney Posted a Parade Performing audition only for WDW that says nothing about the 6th month rule! So I'm totally going! Parades are the main thing I want to do any way. Can't wait! I just hope they do not schedule me to work the trains during the audition day! I might have to try to ER. lol

Hello everyone! It's been a while and I hope everyone is well and auditioning a lot! :-) I just logged on Facebook to see a friend of mine has been approved as Belle for Disney World she says. She has bright blue eyes though. Oh well. Have people been auditioning?

• Sock Puppet

Hi everyone! I'm brand new to this forum, but DEFINITELY not new to Disney I'm 20 years old (born on December 5th, '91 if that means anything to y'all )
    I'm sitting in my hotel room in Orlando right now preparing to audition in three hours! I've wanted to be a face character since I was 12, and with my 15 years dance experience and 5(ish) years of improv experience, it seems like I have a relatively good shot. I'm around 5'1-5'2, so although my absolute favorite character is Snow White, I'm not getting my hopes up haha. I have blue eyes, but I've had people tell me they're a bit more on the gray side . I do wish they'd still tell you on the spot if you've been cast or not, the longer they wait to tell me, the more sleep I'll lose
    Here are some pictures to give you an idea, PLEASE be honest if you think they'd like/dislike me and why! I'm not very sensitive and have a tough skin, so please don't worry about hurting my feelings haha all criticisms are welcome, I promise!
    Edit: It looks like I've edited my teeth to be whiter, buuuut that's the best part about the iPhone camera flash They're pretty white because I bleach them every week, but they're not blindingly white like they look in the picture haha (I wish though!!)
    Name:  523113_2046040946895_1120531387_32390645_447590150_n.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  122.6 KB
    Agh it won't let me upload my full body shot! Sorry!!
    Last edited by totodarling; 05-17-2012 at 09:23 AM.

Break a leg on your audition! Please let us know how it goes! None of us can really tell you if they'd like you or not because we're not them and you never know what they're looking for. I've read where girls go in at 5'2 and don't get cast because they're casting for taller people that day. It all depends but you're pretty and have a nice smile. If you don't get cast today always try out again. I can see you as Tinkerbelle or Alice. Break a leg!

Last edited by Kristenashleyyyy; 07-29-2012 at 09:28 AM.

totodarling - Hope your audition went well today! To me you look a lot like Belle, but I think she's out of your height range. I think you have the general "princess look", very versatile!

kristenashleyyyy - I don't think Disney likes any tattoos that could potentially show. Since it's on your back/neck and some costumes show that portion, it's hard to say what they'd think. How large is it? You're beautiful, I see you as Snow or maybe even Cinderella. As for the Flying Tink, from what I've heard you have to be pretty short and under 100lbs. I could be wrong though.

Last edited by Kristenashleyyyy; 07-29-2012 at 09:29 AM.

Both of you are beautiful! Let us know how your audition goes Kristen!

• Sock Puppet

Thank you guys so much for your awesome compliments! They've completely made my day! About my audition: there were WELL over 200 people auditioning with me. When I got there, I signed in and measured at 61.25 inches, waited around, made friends, and finally was called into the room to learn the first routine (which I had already learned weeks ago from a friend... shhh!). After everyone went across the floor, they called a few numbers and told the rest they could leave, including myself
    After all the groups finished auditioning, I kind of hung around until I could talk to a casting director. I found a very nice woman (whose name unfortunately I can't remember!) and told her that I hadn't made the first cut, and was wondering if it was possible that I could have some sort of feedback or criticisms for the next time I audition. She told me that although she hadn't been in the room, she was almost certain that I was cut because of my height, as they were looking for performers over 5'4 at the time.
    To be completely honest, this frustrates me a little. While I'm a little bummed that I didn't make it, I'm really not too upset because I knew my chances of getting picked were slim and I was just happy to be there. However, it irritates me that Disney doesn't specify what they're looking for at each audition. Had I known they were looking for taller performers, I would have gladly waited until they were needing someone on the small side, instead of going on Thursday and now having to wait until November to audition again.
    That being said, I will happily and willingly audition again. and again. and again. and again.

Quote Originally Posted by totodarling View Post
    Thank you guys so much for your awesome compliments! They've completely made my day! About my audition: there were WELL over 200 people auditioning with me. When I got there, I signed in and measured at 61.25 inches, waited around, made friends, and finally was called into the room to learn the first routine (which I had already learned weeks ago from a friend... shhh!). After everyone went across the floor, they called a few numbers and told the rest they could leave, including myself
    After all the groups finished auditioning, I kind of hung around until I could talk to a casting director. I found a very nice woman (whose name unfortunately I can't remember!) and told her that I hadn't made the first cut, and was wondering if it was possible that I could have some sort of feedback or criticisms for the next time I audition. She told me that although she hadn't been in the room, she was almost certain that I was cut because of my height, as they were looking for performers over 5'4 at the time.
    To be completely honest, this frustrates me a little. While I'm a little bummed that I didn't make it, I'm really not too upset because I knew my chances of getting picked were slim and I was just happy to be there. However, it irritates me that Disney doesn't specify what they're looking for at each audition. Had I known they were looking for taller performers, I would have gladly waited until they were needing someone on the small side, instead of going on Thursday and now having to wait until November to audition again.
    That being said, I will happily and willingly audition again. and again. and again. and again.

Hello my dear Snow White friend! I, too, went to an audition recently and I am just convinced that they have all of their Snows for the season. Haha, I'm 5'2" as well, although Disney measured me at exactly 63 inches. I was disappointed that I got turned away so quickly too. But my point for this post is... I don't believe the 6 month rule applies to you if you don't fill out any paperwork. Y'all correct me if I'm wrong! You should audition for a parade or something with all of your dance experience!

Apparently this 6 month rule is muddy. It causes a lot of confusion! In the auditions I've been to I've never seen anyone, including myself, get called out on breaking it. I could be wrong, who knows. If you have the same casting director there has to be a chance they'd recognize you as well. But I say go for it! Why not?

Hopefully I can answer everyone's questions!
    For those of you who just joined, welcome to micechat! We're just a bunch of hopefuls like yourself, in different stages of auditioning. I also don't comment on who I think you look like because of a couple of reasons. I'm not a casting director and quite often I don't see what they see and pictures can often misrepresent you. A haircut can totally change your appearance. Also, there is so much more that goes into making a character, expecially face, than just what you look like. Getting casted is about being in the right place at the right time, your looks (height included), your personality, and your experience. Being at the right place at the right time encompasses so much. Each casting director sees something different so you have to go when the right casting director is there. They are also looking for different characters at each audition and when they are looking for a character, they are not necessarily looking for someone who looks like that character. They are looking for someone who resembles the other "friends" of that character. So you may look dead-on Jasmine, but if you don't look like her other friends, they probably won't hire you. Auditioning at the right time also applies to number of applicants at the audition. Auditioning when there are hundreds of others makes it really hard for you to stand out and you'll often get cut because you're not recognizeable. Unfortunately, this is all out of our control as auditionees so we can only hope that the odds are in our favors at each audition! Your looks are also important, but again not the overall deciding factor. Not to sound mean, but there are quite a few face characters that you can find pictures and videos of online and you can clearly see that looks are not the only factor. But they are helpful. Each character has a faceshape that Disney generally tries to adhere to. You can think of Aurora as having a square face shape with a prominent chin or Snow White as having a more rounded face shape. They also have specific eye colors, but again, they are not the only factor as they have colored contacts now and I've seen characters that don't have that specific eye color. Like, Alice has blue eyes (but I've seen her with brown), and Ariel also has blue. Your height is also a big factor because even if you look exactly like Cinderella, if you're only 4'11" you're too short to be friends with her. Or, vise verse, if you're like 6'1", you're too tall. But again, those aren't the only factors. Your experience in performing, I think, would only be used if they are debating between two people for one spot. If Person A looks like Wendy and has had 16 years of dance experience, but Person B also looks like Wendy but has had no dance experience, they'll probably pick Person A because Wendy is 99.99% of the time only in parades and the castle show so the dance experience would be more helpful. But resumes are not required, so they can't be one of the main deciding factors. Your personality, I think, is probably the biggest factor. You have to be nice, noticeable, and engaging without being fake, obnoxious, and annoying. It's a fine line. I have seen countless girls at auditions who look exactly like a character but get cut because they are overly fake and are clearly trying to call attention to themselves by doing annoying things (like talking really loudly about how EVERYONE you have ever met says you look exactly like BELLE and you PLAYED BELLE in the school musical and you're sure DISNEY will CAST you as BELLE, etc.) Usually those people come in suggestive clothing as well (like wearing a yellow dress or a T-shirt with Belle on it). Don't do this! If you shove Belle down the casting director's throat it will make them not like you and, if you don't look like Belle or if Belle is full, it will make it nearly impossible for the director to see (or want to see) you as anyone else. Be yourself, be friendly, be approachable, but stay true to yourself too.
    Sorry about the long tangent. I heard some things about the flying Tinkerbell a few years ago and I'm not sure who I heard it from, so take what I say next with a grain of salt! From what I understand, Tink has to be really short and really light for a couple of reasons. If she weighs too much, the line will sag or break and she could get hurt or hurt others. Also, if she's too tall, zipping down the line will shave the top of her wig off and/or she'll be kicking everyone in the heads through Tomorrowland. I was also told that she has to be like a gymnist because holding yourself upright takes so much muscle strength. Lastly, there's only like two girls who do it so there isn't a big demand.
    About tattoos, at the auditions I have been too they ask you if you have tattoos and where. It may or may not be an issue for them. I know that they asked a couple of girls where their tattoos were, how big they were, if they could see them, etc. Disney will know if they can cover it or not. I would say that the hardest one to sell to them would be the one on the back of your neck because the wigs might not be able to cover it if you become friends with a character like Snow White or Cinderella. But if they are looking at you for someone with long hair, like Ariel or Aurora, they might be able to have you put makeup on and the hair will cover it. I wouldn't get your hopes up for Jasmine, simply because her outfit and wig would expose both of your tattoos so Disney might not be as willing to overlook them there.
    Break a leg to everyone who's auditioning soon!

Hello everyone! I've finally signed up after years of reading this thread and sharing my best friends account. Like all of you I desperately want to work for Disney as a character performer but haven't had the chance/finances/availability to move to California or Florida to do so. But finally I'm in a place that seems a little more possible and I have hope
    I have read almost this entire thread (over the course of 4 years) and have a good understanding of the way Disney auditions opperate and what they expect but I still have a few questions to those who have been through an audition. Growing up I was really shy and had a hard time speaking to large groups, I have for the most part grown out of that but I still like to be (rediculously) over prepared when it comes to situations like this.
    I've seen a few posts that talk about monologues/character scripts and was wondering if someone could elaborate on what those are like? Mostly, how long they are, if they are character specific, if you have to read it in the characters voice...etc. I'm strongly considering attending the audition on June 28th so I'm doing my research for it. Im not worried about the dance or even the animation portion, I just don't want to get tongue tied and fall back into the rutt of being shy in front of judges. Any information is gladly apriciated!