Page 390 of 547 FirstFirst ... 290340365380387388389390391392393400415440490 ... LastLast
Results 5,836 to 5,850 of 8193

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by totodarling View Post
    Thank you guys so much for your awesome compliments! They've completely made my day! About my audition: there were WELL over 200 people auditioning with me. When I got there, I signed in and measured at 61.25 inches, waited around, made friends, and finally was called into the room to learn the first routine (which I had already learned weeks ago from a friend... shhh!). After everyone went across the floor, they called a few numbers and told the rest they could leave, including myself
    After all the groups finished auditioning, I kind of hung around until I could talk to a casting director. I found a very nice woman (whose name unfortunately I can't remember!) and told her that I hadn't made the first cut, and was wondering if it was possible that I could have some sort of feedback or criticisms for the next time I audition. She told me that although she hadn't been in the room, she was almost certain that I was cut because of my height, as they were looking for performers over 5'4 at the time.
    To be completely honest, this frustrates me a little. While I'm a little bummed that I didn't make it, I'm really not too upset because I knew my chances of getting picked were slim and I was just happy to be there. However, it irritates me that Disney doesn't specify what they're looking for at each audition. Had I known they were looking for taller performers, I would have gladly waited until they were needing someone on the small side, instead of going on Thursday and now having to wait until November to audition again.
    That being said, I will happily and willingly audition again. and again. and again. and again.
    Oh geez I'm sorry! I completely understand your frustration. My situation is kind of similar. I'm 5'9 and there is no hope for me to ever be cast as a princess because of my height and I can only really hope for villain. Because its never really specified when they're needing a villain, maybe they do and I just haven't seen it, I have to just go in and hope they're looking for someone like me. Also, I believe my face and personality is more suited for princess. I have those features and I don't have anything that would make me stand out from another girl playing a princess like a bigger nose or something like that but, physically I'm much more suited for villain. But always go back because you're beautiful and I've read where girls go back multiple times until they get picked. Keep going!

---------- Post added 05-19-2012 at 09:09 AM ----------

Thanks so much harpist for all your info again! I swear everytime you give your Disney wisdom I learn something new everytime!

Saraswonderland, I'm not sure about the script but I am sure harpist would know!

FYI

Merida is about 5'4", is very outgoing, and speaks with a scottish accent.
    You can tell she is having fun and enjoying the experience.
    Last edited by Disneyland 1951; 05-19-2012 at 11:24 AM.

It just depends on the tattoo!
    Last edited by savannahmae95; 01-30-2014 at 06:11 PM.

Disneyland51 I love that picture of Merida! I love the hair. Are those the same girl in both pictures?

Savannahmae is right about the scripts. They are usually just a couple of lines that the character says during their movies that are iconic (i.e. Someday my prince will come, a dream is a wish your heart makes, etc.) and you want to try to emulate the character's voice. If you're reading for Mary Poppins, try the British accent. Snow White, the high pitched voice. You will probably be at the very least wigged, if not in full costume, when you do the scripts which will help you get into character.

Thanks harpist! I figured it would be something like that and I was working myself up for nothing

Hey everyone, I just found this site/thread and read some of the pages. I have found it all very helpful, so thank you!

I have a few questions though, if anyone could answer them it would be extremely helpful.

I recently found out that you can audition as young as 16, when I had originally assumed that the age limit was 18. This is very exciting for me, since i'm 16!
    So this brings me to my first question: What is the likelihood of making it at 16? I basically just want to know if they actually have hired anyone who is under 18?

I'm also still in school, so this would just be a summer job, which may reflect as an inconvenient limitation to the judges... Or is that common? Do people usually apply to be face characters as a summer job?

I hope to attend the audition held in Orlando on June 28th, but would this be too late to audition for a job solely for the summer? If you make it, can you immediately start the next week?

Thank you!

I have always been told that I look a lot like Princess Jasmine and it's always been a dream of mine to be friends with her. Does anyone know where they post audition dates as I'd really like to try out. Thanks!

Okay I'll answer the easy questions first before going to the longer one! Auditions for WDW are held every Thursday, for DLR it's like every six months or something ridiculous like that. You can find what they're officially hiring for, when, and where on disneyauditions.com. Just a heads up though, you do not audition for any specific character you audition just to be a character and Disney will decide who they think you look like. You will get fully costumed characters (like Mickey, Pluto, etc) as well as face, or just fully costumed.
    For the question about being sixteen, that may or may not help you. Technically, most of the characters are about that age so that would be a plus. However, there are a couple of things to keep in mind. For starters, a friend of mine who works down there said that they are not hiring seasonal right now and I saw on one of the auditions that they weren't hiring for seasonal. Also, if you get fitted at the audition, you won't be able to start working the following week because there is so much you have to do first. You will have to attend Traditions, Orientation, and training. The first two will only take you a couple of days but training can take awhile to complete or even get started. I know a girl who was hired for a face and it was six weeks between her being hired and her training starting. So I would say that going in only as seasonal definitely hurts your chances, but I strongly recommned you still go. For starters, the experience will definitely help you as you get older and continue to audition (provided you don't get it on your first attempt). If you do get it, you can start TOT right away and pick up some hours over winter break, spring break, and then work a ton the following summer. If you get it but they don't want seasonals, they'll put you in something called the pool where if a seasonal spot becomes available, they'll check the pool first and if you match (like, a seasonal Jasmine leaves and you were fitted and approved for a seasonal Jasmine), they'll give you a call first before opening the job up at the next weekly auditions. The only thing is that once you are put in the pool, you are in there for six months and you are not supposed to audition again during that time (although if you're still in school it shouldn't be too much of a problem). Above all else, you'll get to see your competition and learn how to beat them. I went to two auditions and I have seen who has made it through, who was cut instantly, and who was kept waiting until the very end before being rejected (they were almost hired but the spots filled up. My first audition I was in this group). Granted, getting cut right away doesn't mean Disney doesn't like you, it could also mean that they just don't have any spots in that height range. Pay attention to who gets cut. If they're all 5'4"-5'6", it's probably because they don't need any characters in that range. But if there's a range of heights, check what they're wearing and how they acted. Usually those people wear an outfit that suggests a character (like clear shoes, red bows on headbands, gold dresses, characters on shirts, etc.) or they were so introverted or extroverted. Yes, being too extroverted can get you cut because it comes off as being fake. The girl who walks into the room with a smile plastered on her face, never changes that smile, talks really loudly, engages in multiple conversations at once, never stops talking, waves wildly/jumps up and down to get attention, etc. We all know someone like that and no one wants to be around them for very much time. Disney feels the same way. So definitely go to the audition because it will at the very least be a learning experience!
    If you have any other questions, feel free to ask publically or PM me!

Thanks so much for this info!

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    For the question about being sixteen, that may or may not help you...

Wow, you are extremely helpful! Thank you so very much!

So you're saying one could audition, potentially make it, work for a little, go back to school, and they'll let them go back and work on holidays and the next summer etc.?

You are both very welcome!
    Alybunny- "Seasonal" basically encompasses anything that's not full time. You have to work a certain number of hours a year but it can be pretty much anytime during that year. They always need more people over summer and since everyone is out of school during the summer, that's when most people get their seasonal hours in. But the parks also gain attendance during the Christmas season and also around spring breaks so being available to work during those times will also help you get those hours in. I know a girl who works their seasonally and has for a year now and she only works summer, winter, and spring breaks, and then goes to college during the rest of the year so it's definitely possible!

Hey I am new to mice chat but just like all of you I want to be a Disney performer I am somewhere between 5'1"-5'2" so I was wondering what characters I would be considered for

Hello Justsmile! Welcome to Mice Chat! You are actually in the same range I am! For face characters, we are unfortunately extremely limited. We have Alice, Wendy, and Tinkerbelle. In fur though, we have a lot more! We are in Chip and Dale height range, which is exploding with characters. Off the top of my head (and it's really late here and I'm pretty tired so bear with me!), we have: Chip, Dale, Jessie, Terk, Pooh, Jake, White Rabbit, Handy Manny, June, Quincy, Yellow Rabbit, Leo, Bullseye, Sleepy, Sneezy, Bashful, and King Louie. Like I said, a lot and I have a feeling I'm missing a few!

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum. I just found it while googling random questions in regards to the WDW character look-a-like auditions. And I have to say, I'm extremely glad I've found you guys! I've only read about a dozen pages (so much to read!!) but what I've read so far has helped so much already! I plan on reading everything sometime, but definitely not all at once! I think I'll take my time and take about a month or two in doing so. Everyone is just so encouraging and inspiring, it makes me wanna audition right now but I can't just yet. I just hope many people here become future disney cast members someday and never stop chasing after their dreams! Miracles and even dreams have the potential to come true. As said by Walt Disney... All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.

I'm 17 years old, almost 18! I'll be 18 in late summer. I don't know when I'll be able to audition yet (don't have a driver's license yet :/) ohh but I hope so soon! I'm goal is to at least audition once while I'm 18. Of course, I'd rather audition many more times, but I just don't see how I can do it! I live kinda faraway from WDW (by car it'd take me about 17 hours without stopping :/).., and although it's my dream job, I can not see how I can afford traveling far, only for a few more auditions! There's gas money, of course, and I'd definitely have to rent a hotel for one day (for one audition). I'm sure some of you guys are in the same position as I am, oh how I wish it could be easier to make dreams come true. It costs so much for a living and unfortunately not living near Florida helps either. I want to audition for WDW, though, because I've only been to one of the disney resorts in my life, and it was that one, when I was 5. Forever ago! All I can do (for now) is prepare for when that time comes around. I haven't yet to audition for the first time, so I don't know what to completely expect. I'll just try to be as ready as possible for whenever that is.

I was once told that they only hire dancers to be character performers. My sister told me this, she's auditioned twice but that was a while ago. She said she didn't have a chance of getting hired because they were laying off workers at the time.

Unfortunately I have no dance experience. I know you need some, and I'll do that because I really don't wanna hurt my chances. I'm not auditioning for the parades or anything else for that matter, I would just like to be a face character for the meet-and-greets. I'm a pretty determined person though, so I'm willing to learn anything I have to! I just really wanna go for it and try my best.

I have a few questions and I was wondering if I could ask them here

Do you think getting private dance lessons is really necessary? (5-10 lessons perhaps)

Say, I'd be really animated and smile alot during the dance number at the auditions, would that be enough? Even if I messed up during the dance? Then again, the only thing I'm concerned about with this, is I don't know what kind of dance they might throw at me, or how difficult it might be to do. I'm not going to be nervous, I'll be myself and be happy.., it'll just crush my dreams if I get cut for the dance number alone. I'm most looking forward to the storytelling/script round out of them all.

If you think it's necessary to take the dance lessons, what kind do you think I should take? Jazz or Ballroom?

I hear when you audition it's usually some type of jazz dance you do, but if you get hired as a princess, they all have to do some sort of Waltz with their Prince, meaning you'd need some ballroom dance lessons for that.

This one isn't about dance...but I've read somewhere once before, that you have to be arab/arabian to get hired for Jasmine. Is this true? I also read before you can get hired for Jasmine at 5'2. But the princesses heights start at 5'3 and 5'4. Can you really get hired for her at 5'2? I'm not sure if these answers are right.

Thanks so much in advance for anyone that could help me out here a little.

I'm dream is to truly be Belle. Beauty and the Beast is such a powerful film, because Belle loved the Beast for who he was inside and not on the outside. The Transformation scene to the end is my favorite part of the movie, it gets me every time. There's just something so special about it all. The other princess who I'd like to be, is Ariel. During that trip to Disney World when I was 5, she was the only princess I meet while I was there. I was a little girl and couldn't believe I was meeting a mermaid, I was so excited. It would truly be amazing to experience it on the other side. See the look on the little kids' faces and how happy they are. I know if you get cast you usually play a couple of characters, but those are the ones I would like to be most! I completely understand that that might not happen, but I'll always have that dream. To be a face/fur character at WDW, no matter who it is, would be a dream come true. I'm somewhere around 5'2 and a half. I know, I know...you have to be between 5'3-5'7 to be a princess. This crushes my dreams, more than you know I was told by my doctor (ages ago) that I'd grow up to be 5'3 or 5'5, but that was just a guess! I haven't got a measurer or gotten measured in awhile, so there is a small chance I might be 5'3 now. I think I'm done growing though since it's been years and I've been stuck at this height. ....All I wish for, is a chance. A chance for the disney casting directors to see me as at least one of their disney princesses, and any one of them.

I also love and just have so much respect for Snow White. I think it'd be a honor and extremely sweet to play her, the first princess.

It'd just be extraordinary to do what you love for work, I couldn't think of anything else better.

Well sorry for the long post! I just had so much to get out there, lol.. I'm really sorry if I bored any of you!

P.S. - Snow - I don't know if you've ever worked for disney before, but I wanted to say you're perfect for Snow White! Seriously, just by looking at your little icon picture I think you could make the perfect Snow You're beautiful and look just like her!!
    harpist1991 - Your advice about the auditions has been more than helpful! It seems like you know almost everything there is to know about them!

I want to do this job for the kids, and because I love Disney. Walt Disney is such an inspiration for me, what he did with his life...what he accomplished...everything. I love how every Disney film is perfect for families, and there's romance for others. There is not one Disney Classic I've ever gotten tired of watching, and I've seen Beauty and the Beast way too many times to count I just believe this is the ultimate dream job, and more than a dream to be living it.