Page 391 of 523 FirstFirst ... 291341381388389390391392393394401441491 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,865 of 7833

Red Face Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

disneydaydreamer23: Girlfriend, don't let anything get you down! I didn't think in a million years that I would get to an audition as convenient and close to home as mine was... I live in Kansas for goodness sake... but along came an audition in Dallas (practically my mom's backyard!), the SAME weekend I had planned to be down there. Although nothing came out of it, I knew that the dream was no longer out of reach, and it still isn't for you, my dear! As far as heights go, I am just barely 5'2" and the casting director measured me at exactly 5'3". Anything is possible! And if you present yourself in a confident manner and show them you are determined to make your dreams come true, they WILL help you out! Remember that just because they cut you doesn't mean they didn't like you or didn't notice you... it just means they didn't have a role open to fit your look. They very strongly reiterated that to my audition group. And as far as dancing goes, ours was pathetically easy! I wouldn't worry about that unless you want to be a parade performer. I personally am going to try to take same dance classes though, mostly for my own peace of mind for my next audition. It can't hurt!

Keep checking the audition calendar, especially when they are casting for the college program, since that's when they're out touring the country. You never know when they may be close to home, friend!

But most of all, (and I say this not only to you, but to everyone here) don't make yourself sick over this! I know you must want this as badly as the next Disney girl (or boy); I am the same way. But don't, don't, don't let this be the center of your life for now! I let it get to that point, and realized that it's just not worth the trouble. This kind of thing is a long-term goal, and not something to beat yourself up about. Don't forget that every great story comes with trial and error, ours included. Just the fact that you have a dream to make magic as a character at Disney, and that you are pursuing it makes you a special kind of person. So go crazy! Do the things you want to do... we are young! Pick up those extra experiences that may help you reach that Disney goal, somewhere down the line. Take dance classes, practice your princess poses... But take your eyes off of that destination for a while and enjoy the journey, have FUN, BE your OWN character. You don't have do work at Disney to bring a little extra magic into this world. That's the kind of person whom I think deserves a job at Walt Disney World.
    "Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." G. K. Chesterton

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Hey everyone

I just wanted to tell you. I had my audition yesterday and it went good. I cant tell anymore right now.

But thank you all for your advise and everything
    You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body. - C.S. Lewis!

Awh that's amazing! I hope everything works out well for you

Congratulations ItalianPrincess! Have fun hanging out with your new friends!
    Disneydaydreamer23: Welcome to micechat! We love getting new hopefuls to talk to! I'm going to try to address several things you brought up in your post but if I miss something, feel free to reask, either publically or privately! For starters, what Snow said is absolutely correct. Disney travels all over the country twice a year for the College Program auditions and those are probably the best auditions to attend. They are auditions for everything: parades, shows, meet and greet, fur, and face. The weekly auditions in Orlando are usually strictly for one thing. They look mostly for CPs during these auditions, but they also look for full/part/seasonal workers as well. Check the Disneyauditions website around October and March for wheb/where they're going. I've attended two of those auditions and have danced for 16 years and the style of dance is mostly jazz-based. If you think dance lessons would help with your confidence, go for it, but don't do what I and so many trained dancers did at the audition! When you take dance for awhile, you are taught the "dancer's smile", which is basically a big smile plastered across your face during the entire dance. At the auditions, they will want to see a variety of faces and not just a big smile. I wouldn't worry about the waltz because that sounds like a specialty audition and they will teach you what you need to do for that dance. Besides, ballroom dancing is not something that many people take so they will not be expecting people to know it. Dance is only one part of the audition process. They are not looking for the best dancer out there, they are looking for someone who doesn't get frustrated, who can still have elegance and grace while doing something that might be difficult, and for someone who can still get their attention even though they're focusing on something else. If you get the dance, they might look at you for parade performer. I know a girl who made it through an audition and got face and she literally stumbled her way through the dance so that is definitely not the only factor. While Jasmine should be Arabian, considering that's what she is in the movie, I've personally rarely seen it happen. I've heard that Pocahontas and Jasmine share friends often and in both cases they are usually fairly pale. Princess height is 5'3"-up, but there are always exceptions to the rule. I've heard of a half inch rule, where if you're a half inch above or below the range they'll accept you if you look enough like the character. I wouldn't worry about your height though because Disney has Disney height where they will fudge your height a bit at the auditions in order to better place you in the range where you fit best. Snow gained an inch because of it, and thus she was put in princess range. Just a heads up, Belle gets filled with friends really quickly and right now I know that she is stocked on friends. So full in fact, that someone I know was approved to be friends with her but she can't train in her for several months because they're overstocked and they wouldn't be able to put her out in the parks. So I wouldn't hold your breath for Belle. Ariel's role will expand though within the year because her grotto will be opening back up and they will need enough friends to be there for the entire time, while still keeping her in the other locations around the parks.
    If you think of any other questions, feel free to ask!

thx harpist

You're welcome! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Ahh guys I'm sorry for getting a bit back later to you. I was typing my message and lost it outta nowhere, I don't know what happened. I wish you could undo twice because then I wouldn't be doing this all over again....ohh oh well! lol

ItalianPrincess - Oh that's wonderful! Good luck with everything and have fun!!

Snow - Thanks! Wow, that was lucky I'm super glad you got to auditioned while you were there! Of course the experience came out of it I guess now we'll just have to keep an eye out for those rare auditions near our hometowns! I'm stuck here in Ohio. My sis auditioned once in Pennsylvania, maybe I'll do it there. I might audition once in Orlando, Florida, if I happen to take a vacation down there. Although it's unlikely to happen, it would be nice to stay down there for a couple of days instead of driving straight back home after driving 17 hours to the audition Of course, I'd definitely be more focused on the audition first! I still don't think I should audition at all until I have a driver's license and a car. If I got hired, I don't think I could always rely on the buses for transportation to be at work always early and on time. I'm not as worried about the height anymore, I feel more confident now about that I didn't know disney does that....that's so great! That's good the dancing is easy! I'm soo glad! This is something I really want to pursue, and when I first found out there was a dance round for the auditions, I almost was going to forget about it all! It was the one thing holding me back ...even if the dance is easy I'm still gonna be prepared for it as much as I can be. Dance lessons sound good for the both of us! I know, I have to get some too because even if I don't want to be...I'm positive I'll be somewhat nervous for that round if I audition and hadn't had dance lessons yet! So not going to happen!

I'm always going to be checking the audition calendar every once in a while now! *fingers crossed!*

Oh, I know exactly what you mean! I absolutely agree. I'm not going to be like that at all, even if I do really want it. I'm not going to rush things because I'm not going to audition until I probably have a driver's license first and am prepared, however long that is/takes. I believe anybody who has this job is incredibly lucky. If I ever get it, I'll be so grateful and thankful. That's the way I'm looking at it. Like you said, we've gotta work our way up to get there, but enjoy our lives at the same time. I know for a fact I could never not audition for this, at least once. You never know what will happen until you try! Thanks so much for all of your kind free-spirited advice! I hope the same for you!! Maybe one of these days we'll both be disney cast members and others will too...as long as we never give up on that dream

harpist - Thank you so much! I've done a ton of research about these auditions lately and didn't know any of that stuff before! You really are a huge help!!!! That's so great disney travels all around the country!! Do they do the face and fur auditions together? I think they do but that's just a guess. That's great the dance is jazz! I have this Julianne Hough cardio dance work-out dvd, and jazz is one of the dances on it. I think that might help! That's amazing you've been dancing for that long as well Have you ever attended any of the parade auditions? You should be perfect for that! It sounds like they want everyone to be "animated" for the dance. Maybe just a few dance lessons is all I'll take, then I'll try to be full of life during the actual dance audition. I have to thank you again for all of this information/advice. It's helping me feel more confident in myself. I guess anyone really has a chance of becoming a character for Disney! The height thing is good to know. That's alright about Belle. She is my absolute favorite princess, but I know I would have to be very lucky to be friends with her. That's good to hear about Ariel Also, The Little Mermaid 3D will be released in September 2013 so they will need more friends with her around that time too. I do think my face closely resembles Belle and Ariel the most (and Wendy maybe), but it's what the casting directors think that matters. I think someone on here said for these auditions it's one of those things where you have to be there at the right place, at the right time. Disney might like you but not see a character in you, or they might be overstocked with a character you closely resemble so you might not be cast at the time. I just hope disney can see me as "versatile" because I've read on here that is very important. I have light brown hair and green eyes (but this doesn't matter because they have wigs and colored contacts), and I look a lot younger than I am without any make-up on, although I think I'll wear a little for the audition.

I feel like you know everything but I don't wanna bug you with asking too many questions.

Just curious, if you're friends with Ariel do you get to play her both as a human and a mermaid? I think that'd be so much fun, you'd get to switch it up every now and then. Do you know anyone who does this?
    Last edited by disneydaydreamer23; 06-03-2012 at 06:17 AM.

I live in Ohio too! There are auditions in Nashville, Philadelphia, and Chicago that they go to regularly. This past round they went to Columbus, but I'm not sure if they will be going back to there in October. At the CP auditions, they audition for everything at once. There are dance and animation rounds and they take pictures for face. They usually won't have wigs and dresses there, so even though they will take a picture of you it is probably a good idea to bring a headshot because those photos never look good! Right now Ariel is only out in her legs because her grotto isn't done yet and the parade she is in her human form, but when the grotto opens her friends will go back and forth between tails and legs.

• Pluto Lover

Hey everyone! I was on here a while back, I was going to audition for the Fantasmic look-a-likes and then found out I am pregnant. (We were trying, I just didn't expect it to happen so fast but I'm glad it did) So, I just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone! You were all so helpful when I needed advice and thought I could give my moral support to others.

So, does anyone know how old is too old to be a character look-a-like or parade performer? Lol! I know it all depends on your ability and if you are what they are looking for... I just hope that after I have kids I will be able to finally try-out and work at Disney.

Italian Princess- Glad auditions went well! Can't wait to hear more!

Quote Originally Posted by ltlhub View Post
    Hey everyone! I was on here a while back, I was going to audition for the Fantasmic look-a-likes and then found out I am pregnant. (We were trying, I just didn't expect it to happen so fast but I'm glad it did) So, I just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone! You were all so helpful when I needed advice and thought I could give my moral support to others.

So, does anyone know how old is too old to be a character look-a-like or parade performer? Lol! I know it all depends on your ability and if you are what they are looking for... I just hope that after I have kids I will be able to finally try-out and work at Disney.

Italian Princess- Glad auditions went well! Can't wait to hear more!
    Welcome back! Hope all is going well with you and your baby! I really think you're never too old to be a Disney character. For face, if you age out of princesses you age into the Fairy Godmother. For villain height, you'll age into Cruella. There are plenty of much older people (like sixties!) who are working as fur. I think as long as you've got what it takes, you can still do it!

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    I live in Ohio too! There are auditions in Nashville, Philadelphia, and Chicago that they go to regularly. This past round they went to Columbus, but I'm not sure if they will be going back to there in October. At the CP auditions, they audition for everything at once. There are dance and animation rounds and they take pictures for face. They usually won't have wigs and dresses there, so even though they will take a picture of you it is probably a good idea to bring a headshot because those photos never look good! Right now Ariel is only out in her legs because her grotto isn't done yet and the parade she is in her human form, but when the grotto opens her friends will go back and forth between tails and legs.

Really? That's awesome! Ohh, well I sure hope they'll decide to go back to Columbus someday! If they went to Cleveland that would be great also. It's good to know they've done auditions over here in the past.

Oh alright. That sounds right! Thanks for a heads up, I'll likely bring a headshot then because I don't wanna ruin my chances.

This just came across to me, but if you make it to the last round where you have to read a character's script, do they give you just one script to emulate, or more? Have you ever seen/heard of anyone doing more than one? I'm kind of hoping it's 2 or more. I feel like that way, you can show them more of what you can do and this can help your chances of being cast.

Oh ok! I think it'd be so much fun to be friends with Ariel either way, but that's even better! I found out WDW is currently doing a Fantasyland expansion, how exciting is that?! I've heard they are working on an area themed to BATB featuring the castle with a "Be Our Guest" Restaurant and three dining rooms inside, Gaston's tavern, Belle's cottage and a gift shop. It all sounds exciting and too good to be true! When I go back to Disney World someday, I'd just love to go see and experience this!

The readings are just a few lines that the character says in the movie. Things like "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't." You won't be asked to sing and they might give you a second reading if you need it. Like, they might ask you to say your lines in a higher pitched voice for Snow. The idea is just to see if you can embody that character while speaking.

That seems good! I'm sorry, I reread my post and I wasn't that clear. What I really meant was, by any chance might they ask you to do 2 different character's voices, if they want to see that from you?
    Last edited by disneydaydreamer23; 06-05-2012 at 09:53 AM.

Absolutely! I know a girl who was fitted at an audition for three characters and read for all three as well. They usually won't let you do more than two, maybe three (but that's extremely rare) face friends. If you do the CP, you will only be allowed one face friend but you can get more after your program ends. If you just audition at a CP audition, they might not have you read at all for a character but you could still get one. I know a girl who auditioned with me at a CP audition and she was not kept afterwards, was not fitted and did not read, but she got a face friend. So don't get concerned if they don't ask you to read, because they may already know that they want you to do that part and they don't need to see you read/dress for the character.
    On a side note, disneyauditions is FINALLY working on my computer again!

ltlhub - I agree with harpist, you're never too old to try out! Family is definitely more important as well! Congratulations on your baby! Disneyauditions.com doesn't even list an age limit for being a face character And I think the Blue Fairy might be another option too!

harpist-
    Oh yay! I'm soo glad about this! Before I ever looked up anything regarding these auditions, I thought Disney would want you to sound as authentic as possible for any of their characters. So that's what I've already been working on the longest! Now, it's mostly about the dancing lol

I'm so excited about this for when I do audition, though! Can't wait

Glad it's working on your computer again! Do you plan on auditioning again anytime soon?