Page 392 of 535 FirstFirst ... 292342367382389390391392393394395402417442492 ... LastLast
Results 5,866 to 5,880 of 8019

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Haha no. That was one good thing about the auditions website not working: I wasn't tempted! I'm going to finish up school before I try again because I will want to stay after my program (I'm going for CP) and I don't want to be two classes shy of my degree or something. I might audition in October if they come to Columbus because it's only like a three hour drive and I can make it in one day, but I would be going for the experience and would only be able to do seasonal work. For sure though, I'll be auditioning in March again!

The face characters know the films very well. Merida know a lot about Brave, and has told of some of her adventures that are not in the previews.
    Alice knows the songs, but may not have a wonderful singing voice.

Video Link:
    Disneyland Alice's "World of My Own" - YouTube

Thank you everyone Im really happy and hope that all your auditions will work out, too Good luck everyone
    You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body. - C.S. Lewis!

ItalianPrincess - Anytime, that's so great! Same here!

harpist
    - I completely understand that! Good for you for deciding to finish up school first! Columbus is only 3 hours away for me too, and if they go there this fall...I almost feel like I should give it a go. Knowing they'll be that close, I feel I should go (even if I haven't taken enough dance lessons yet), primarily for the experience, as well! I don't know what that'll be like yet!

Hope you make it one day! As well as all of the other disney hopefuls here!!

Audition tomorrow.....wondering if I want to go or not.....

A. Don't want to be disappointed...again (Though I hate living life like that)

B. I drive to Disney almost everyday (1h45min.) To work....it's my only day off this week.....do I really want to make the drive.....

C. I already have my vacation time off....if I do make it past...I'll have reapply that time off and might not get it.....

I wish someone could tell me if it will be worth it.... :P

Hey guys, I have a quick question. I auditioned back in november and I got through round 1. I did not however, get through the improv. I had to do plant a tree, wash a dog, and act like a monkey. My question is.. Do you have any tips and ideas for things I can do for the 30 seconds? I kinda blanked last time, and I want to audition again next week.

Idk about you ChelseaRose but once my group got to the improv. stuff we were all just put into the character pool. There were only about 6 people who were pulled before that part....that I believe got jobs.

P.S. The audition went well.

Congratulations bevowen! Sorry I didn't get on before today but when I read that I was hoping you went! ChelseaRose- it is important to make your actions during that round as big as possible and make yourself feel like a total fool. Also, it helps if you can envision what it is you're doing. When, say, washing a dog, imagine exactly what that dog looks like in your head and work your body movements around that. How you would wash a teacup poodle is completely different from how you would wash a Great Dane. Also keep in mind your body language. You caanot act like a monkey standing straight up, you have to bend your knees and envision that you are that monkey and what that would mean/do to your body proportions. Keeping those things in mind will help you fill those 30 seconds because you will have a clearer vision of what you're trying to convey.

• Sock Puppet

Haven't been on here in forever! Congrats to all the people auditioning and following their dreams, and hi to all the new people.

I'm 18 next year! Time is flying, it's finally almost my turn haha.

Welcome back Alice! And it really is about time your turn You've been waiting for so long!

Hey all! Man it took forever to read through this thread.

So I just moved to Orlando from Michigan with hopes of working for Disney World, preferably as a face character.

Most of the responses in here have been about the female parts, but what about the males? LOL

I have done musical theater for years professionally in MI, and have been told countless amounts of times that I have PERFECT facial structure, voice, and would make an amazing Disney Prince. Only problem is that I'm 5'8". Every audition I look at says 5'10" or above.

I have spoken with people that have played face characters in the past and they said if the casting directors like your face, they will be a bit lenient on the height? How lenient, and what princes are in the shorter realm? Prince Eric is my doppelganger and first choice, but I love Aladdin and Flynn as well.

Also, how strict are they on the one audition every 6 months rule, and is it easy to bypass? They are looking for a Prince Charming this week but I don't meet the height requirements, but was going to go anyway to get my face seen, but not if I can't go once something falls in my category.

Any advice would be lovely! Awesome site by the way!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    Welcome back Alice! And it really is about time your turn You've been waiting for so long!
    Thanks <3 Haha oh gosh I know!

---------- Post added 06-10-2012 at 10:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceStoy View Post
    Hey all! Man it took forever to read through this thread.

So I just moved to Orlando from Michigan with hopes of working for Disney World, preferably as a face character.

Most of the responses in here have been about the female parts, but what about the males? LOL

I have done musical theater for years professionally in MI, and have been told countless amounts of times that I have PERFECT facial structure, voice, and would make an amazing Disney Prince. Only problem is that I'm 5'8". Every audition I look at says 5'10" or above.

I have spoken with people that have played face characters in the past and they said if the casting directors like your face, they will be a bit lenient on the height? How lenient, and what princes are in the shorter realm? Prince Eric is my doppelganger and first choice, but I love Aladdin and Flynn as well.

Also, how strict are they on the one audition every 6 months rule, and is it easy to bypass? They are looking for a Prince Charming this week but I don't meet the height requirements, but was going to go anyway to get my face seen, but not if I can't go once something falls in my category.

Any advice would be lovely! Awesome site by the way!
    They are pretty height strict from what i've heard, so that could be a problem. But if you have the exact look and an amazing personality, they do add and take off height sometimes I guess to get you the role!

The 6 month rule unless you've gotten pulled and put into a pool, or told they'd call you, is no big deal Just go for it. I think you should go this week, you never know.

They are strict about the height but they are not strict about measuring you at your correct height. For example, prince height might be strictly 5'10" and above, but at your audition, they might measure you at 5'10" even though you're only 5'8". So I wouldn't worry about height. I would suggest going as often to the auditions as you can because you want to get your face seen by as many casting directors as possible. The six month rule is really vague because they don't always take resumes and stuff at auditions so there is no way to track who went to what audition so I do think it technically applies to everyone, but they will only enforce it if you were put in the pool at an audition because you are in there for six months. The worst that can happen is that they turn you away so definitely go for it!

This is probably the most commonly asked question and I'm sorry but I've googled and googled until my eyes have bled (well, okay, maybe not that much..).. does anyone know what Disney's range of measurements is for princesses? Or even a general size idea? I've seen replies saying the dresses range from a 2-8 and then others say a 4-10. I have an audition at the end of the month and while I'm not expecting to make the cut, I'd at least like to be a little bit more prepared with what to expect..

I was also curious about dress sizes. I'm not the skinniest girl and I haven't been worried about the sizes, but I would like to be able to fit into what they have
    minniefl are you going to the June 28th audition?