Page 393 of 541 FirstFirst ... 293343368383390391392393394395396403418443493 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,895 of 8103

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Hello everyone! Congratulations to everyone who has done well on auditions! I've actually found this forum over a year ago, and can never get the dream of wanting to be a Disney Princess face character out of my mind. I'm the right height and dress size range and have taken dance so I'm planning to go to the next audition near me for Disney World.
    I was curious, if you have a birth mark on your face, does it lessen your chances of becoming a face character?

I'm looking forward to being hopeful with you all! ^.^

• Future Imagineer! =D

So I'm pretty short. I'm at the higher end of 5"2. Within a couple a years I want to auditon to be a face character. I could be Alice, Wendy, Tinker Bell, and maybe a few others, yeah? What about their sizes too? I can wear between 00 to a 1. I don't have any dance experience except for a 4 week long ballroom class I took for fun once a week. I also don't have any acting experience except for the drama class I took freshmen year in high school. Any advice? Could I make it as anyone?

Also, my mom, once she is able to quit her job maybe a couple of years down the road, wants to audition for a character like Minnie Mouse for a fun job. We're the same height and she's very skinny. However, she doesn't have any acting/dancing experience either. She's also 50ish, but is sooo very energetic!! I don't think she'd have any problems being a character. What would Disney think about that?
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Yeah I'll be at the 28th audition in Orlando! It's my first audition but I have theater experience throughout middle school, high school, and college. I went to schools of the performing arts and I'm 5'7-ish, size 10. Thus being a little nervous about sizes. I could SWEAR I've seen pictures of Snow Whites that had to be a 12 at the very least though.

• ^_~.

So I noticed that DLR is going to be holding fur auditions, which is awesome because I'm going to be moving to SoCal with my family in a couple of months. But I wish, wish, wish that DLR held auditions more often, as I'm supposed to go to an anime convention here in my home state of MN that same weekend with a friend. I don't want to let her down because as after I move, we won't be able to attend another convention together for quite some time. I'm going to try to work out how to do both, but I'm going to wait a few days to see if any other auditions pop up (don't they sometimes hold face auditions around the same time frame as fur characters?) before I decide what to do.
    Thinking about the anime convention also brought on a thought that hadn't occurred to me before: I have a lot of pictures of myself in various costume on my Facebook page. If the people at Disney were to check out my Facebook page and see that, would it kill my chances of getting in? None of my costumes are in any way Disney related. And of course I'd never post a picture of myself in a costume from the Park. But potential employers don't know that, so would they look at my costume photos and think, "We'd better not hire this lady"? Should I remove them before going to my next audition?

Minniefl: I was told by my friend who played Ariel/Snow not to worry about sizes. Basically, if they like you and really want to hire you for the role, they'll have a costume that fits. So many things factor into your success at an audition... Rest assured, it's the least you should worry about.
    Last edited by Snow; 06-13-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Ahh Snow that's so exciting! Thank you, that really puts me at ease! I swear the number of people I get daily that either flat out call me Snow White or give me the "...you remind me of someone.." and come back later with Snow White have really given me that surge of confidence for the auditions! That's wonderful though, I'm thrilled they're willing to work with their princesses on the costumes

No problem... Glad to help. I had the same concern as I am normally a size 12 and I stand at a petite 5'3" (or that was my Disney height at least!! They generously gave me at least an extra inch!) I get that all the time too! It does work wonders in the confidence department at an audition. and I really did feel like they noticed me, but I am positive that they were strictly casting for taller roles at the time. I walked into my audition with the (bad, lol) attitude that there was no way they could look at me and not want to keep me to see what else I was capable of. I walked out, lesson learned, yet still disappointed. Next time... Let us know how your audition goes! We will all be eager to find out!
    "Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." G. K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by EternalPrincess View Post
    I was curious, if you have a birth mark on your face, does it lessen your chances of becoming a face character?

I don't think that should be a problem. If you want, at your audition you can use light foundation to cover it up, just nothing heavy! Remember you want your face to look as natural as possible.

Just think, all of the disney princesses/face characters have to wear foundation to work anyway! It's evident there are likely numerous cast members having to cover-up a mole or birth mark, so that they can look the part of a specific character.

Best of luck!

Snow, do you have any audition tips? Or does anyone? Lol. I'm 5'6 and a half, 5'7 on a good day and a size 10 so I feel a little bit more confident now with their costumes. I know everyone keeps stressing not to wear heavy make-up but I do have very, very visible tattoos that I'm entirely comfortable with covering up and plan on buying Dermablend next week to cover them as well as my freckles. I was a make-up artist for a few years so I think I can manage to make it all look natural enough and if I manage to fool them and get to the final stage I'll certainly be honest about what I have and where they are. Do they have the lookalikes dance and do improv like the other auditions?

Girls that worry about birth marks - even if they're dark, you can conceal them with concealer and set them with powder before doing your make-up. I have really dark freckles and I do that every day before I put my foundation on and you honestly can't tell I have them. Here's a better picture of me (from a year ago). I'll be sure to let you guys know how it goes! I wish it would just hurry up and be over with already

Name:  304090_101589319952360_1652009017_n.jpg
Views: 3839
Size:  71.6 KB

edit: weird question (it might've been asked before) but do you think princesses might wear dental flippers (or, okay, a 'snap on smile') on occasion? The reason I ask is I'm looking at some high def shots of the princesses and while they're definitely wearing contacts some of them seem like their teeth are a little -too- perfect. Mine are pretty white and I did have braces, but some of these girls look like they're wearing a set of chompers you'd see sitting on an orthodontist's desk. They run a few hundred dollars but I could see why they'd be worth the investment, even if it was a personal investment. What do you think? Do you think Disney would be opposed to them entirely?
    Last edited by minniefl; 06-15-2012 at 09:56 AM.

Best tip I can give you is to walk in with confidence and no expectations. They really are nothing to fret over!! I was nervous, but felt silly afterward because the whole process was so laid-back and easy. I will be honest, a very small part of the whole deal is in your control. But instead of letting that discourage me, I took comfort, because it was sooo much pressure off of my own shoulders. You may be the very best Snow White out there, (and you are beautiful, my dear ) but if you don't look like the other Snows in the park, if they're all shorter or taller, or a smaller size, or have brown eyes instead of blue, they may overlook you. The greatest news is, if they have a newly open role they need to fill and you get there first, you could be the one person they cast that changes the look of all of the Snow Whites in the park! Yep, they did have the look-a-likes dance at my audition, but it was painstakingly easy. Literally arm movements and twirls, so don't sweat that. They just want you to show them grace and poise, and they will tell you that. Practice your princess hands and some twirls in the mirror, and try curtsying without sticking your butt out. You'll do great. Improv/animation, if you make it that far, will be the most important part of the audition, since it's your whole job. Be ready to be quick on your toes, and to think outside of the box. Wear something comfortable, but not necessarily work-out clothes. I wore a plain, melon-colored, cotton dress and it was a fabulous choice. It was cool, showed my figure and was feminine. At least 5 girls showed up in red and white polka dots at my audition, so don't do that either. *facepalm*

I don't think the casting directors are against contacts or fake teeth, but I honestly don't think they care much either. I wouldn't spend the money on it.

Snow you are the absolute sweetest, thank you so much! I was thinking about wearing a cute top and black yoga pants but I'll see if I have something a little more tasteful in my closet Again thank you so much, I'll be sure to let you know how it goes! <3

Hello all! Sorry I haven't been on for awhile. I'm on vacation in Florida (the beach, not Disney) and the internet has been weird. But I wanted to let everyone know who hasn't noticed already that Disneyland is holding auditions for look-a-likes (aka face) in a few weeks and Disney World is about to be looking for a new fairy at the end of July! Her name is Periwinkle and she is 4'11"-5'2". Not sure who she is in the Tinkerbell movies but she looks so cute!

Hello! This is my first time posting! I have been reading this thread everyday for a few weeks now! I am seriously considering going to the tinkerbell/periwinkle audition! My worry though is that I am 4'9 and like a third! Also I live in Mississippi so I cant really spur of the moment just go to Orlando! Should I just attend a general audition? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Oh one more thing on the regular look alike auditions page it says tink and periwinkle starting at 4'10?? Is this pointless for me will they even consider me at my height?
    Also what are general auditions like what should I expect? Haha hopefully I'll get to go my heart is set on working at Disney world!!
    Last edited by Sasa9; 06-20-2012 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by minniefl View Post
    edit: weird question (it might've been asked before) but do you think princesses might wear dental flippers (or, okay, a 'snap on smile') on occasion? The reason I ask is I'm looking at some high def shots of the princesses and while they're definitely wearing contacts some of them seem like their teeth are a little -too- perfect. Mine are pretty white and I did have braces, but some of these girls look like they're wearing a set of chompers you'd see sitting on an orthodontist's desk. They run a few hundred dollars but I could see why they'd be worth the investment, even if it was a personal investment. What do you think? Do you think Disney would be opposed to them entirely?
    I have wondered this myself. Their teeth are just too perfect! But I wouldn't go spend that much money myself. For all we know, they give them out to the actors when they get the job.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Oh one more thing on the regular look alike auditions page it says tink and periwinkle starting at 4'10?? Is this pointless for me will they even consider me at my height?
    I wouldn't worry too much about the height issue. You are an inch away from their desired height. If they like you, I'm sure it won't matter at all.
    ... There's no place like home ...

Thank you Rubyslippers!! Ha I was also wondering about their teeth!! They are so so straight and so white!! But with me being 4'9 should I go to the tink/periwinkle audition, to a character look alike audition, or a character performer/look alike audition? Who else is going to the tink/peri audition and what is your height

One more thing is it true Disney measures you differently?