Page 394 of 526 FirstFirst ... 294344369384391392393394395396397404419444494 ... LastLast
Results 5,896 to 5,910 of 7886

• Sock Puppet

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Just saying, they don't give out fake teeth to the actors casted in face roles!

• shakespeare in the park?

I've heard conflicting things about whether or not I should bring a headshot and resume to the audition, so I'm preparing one just in case, and I had a question about it. Should I only include professional work experience? Or if I have acting experience in an unprofessional environment (i.e. high school theatre), should I include that as well?

I guess it doesn't really matter if I don't need the resume in the first place, but I'd rather have one if I don't need it, than not have one and it turns out that I do need it.

Well they really aren't -that- expensive if you consider the fact that your smile is a huge part of your job and you're planning on sticking with Disney for a while. I didn't think they would just hand them out, I was just wondering if anyone knows of someone who wore one or if Disney would be against it. Like I said, I have pretty straight, white teeth but I think if I got the job I'd seriously consider getting them.

I think it's better to have one just in case, Natalia. I've been playing with the idea of bringing one for my audition next week and aside from classes in middle school, high school, and college I don't really have acting experience. Tons of customer service experience from jobs but hardly anything else. I don't think it'll hurt to give whatever you've done. I don't really have the money for new headshots so I think I'll just bring a 3 year old senior portrait..

Minniefl- what audition are you attending?

Lookalikes on June 28th! Eep!

Sasa9- Disney will fudge your height a bit in order to fit their requirements. Between the two auditions I've been too, I gained like a half inch for the first one, and then another half inch on the second. So I wouldn't worry about your height at all. Plus,they LOVE shorter people! I know someone who is only 4'10" and she has many friends, but face and furry. Plus, they have what is called "special consideration" for people who are extremely short, so they are definitely looking at people in your height! I don't think it really matters which audition you attend, I would go with the one that works best for you.
    For the question about flippers, Disney does not provide them however I know of a couple of face characters who do wear them (even though they really don't need too!). I think it should be a personal decision. If you feel like you need to wear them, go for it. But I will say that everyone I know who does wear them, started wearing them AFTER they got their jobs so they are not essential to get the job.
    For resumes, if you have one, bring it, if not, don't worry about it. At some auditions they collect them, some they don't. And they make their decisions based on how you look, act, and carry yourself, not on your experience. While having experience may help you act the part, they want to see it manifest itself in front of them and not just have a piece of paper that says you did it. A great example is on my resume, I have 16 years of dance experience in ballet, tap, jazz, hip hop, ballroom, and bellydance. However, if you ask me to perform a hip hop dance, I'm going to fail miserably despite having like six years of experience, both as a student and as a teacher, because my body doesn't move the way hip hoppers bodies do. As for headshots, if you have a photo of yourself I would bring it. It really doesn't have to be fancy, it can be taken the night before in front of a blank wall in the hotel room. They take a picture of you at the auditions but it's like a high school yearbook picture quality and you never turn out looking very good in the photos so having a second photo for them to look at would help. Again though, they don't always collect them so don't spend a ton of money in getting professional headshots done unless you plan on using them for multiple auditions.
    Break a leg to everyone auditioning soon! Let me know how it goes!

Thanks harpist and Alice in Wonderland! I always wondered if some of the performers wore those fake teeth things. I would say that it's a good investment if you are worried about your teeth like I am. If nothing else, it gives you more confidence!
    ... There's no place like home ...

Harpist1991- thank you so much!!! I can't tell you how much better you have made me feel!! Hopefully I will get to an audition sometime within the next month or two!! I also wonder if I was to get the job (BIG IF) will I make enought money to live off of?? It is so hard to find this type of information online! I mean I wouldn't be doing this for the money but it would be nice to know that I can afford rent and gas!! Haha well thanks again harpist! You have made my day!!

---------- Post added 06-25-2012 at 04:33 PM ----------

Minniefl- that is so excited! Only a few more days!!! Let us know how it goes!! You look so much like snow white!!

Sasa are you looking at Disneyland or Disney World? In both cases, the starting wage is listed on the website and you can find nearby apartments online. Of course, Disneyland is going to pay more and your apartment rent is going to be higher, so I would look not directly in or around the city, but probably 20-30 minutes out.

Sasa, thanks! The nerves are starting to really eat at me today!

How did it go today Minniefl? I was so going to be there today for auditions as well, but I had last day of training for my other job. I'll probably aim for July 12th now.

Is Anyone going to the DLR audition on July 22? Its my first audition ever i really dont know what to expect! but I'm super excited!! I feel like my face is so universal I could be anyone thats white like me haha

Ive done so much to prepare for this. I lost 35lbs, went to a dermatologist and got some crazy topical stuff for my acne and i got my teeth whitened. Im still not at my goal weight yet Im still a pretty hippy girl. Like seriously my measurements are 35-27-42.. ridiculous right?? But im working on it. I really hope i get this job!
    Last edited by Haylayy12; 07-01-2012 at 10:38 AM.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Haylayy12 View Post
    Is Anyone going to the DLR audition on July 22? Its my first audition ever i really dont know what to expect! but I'm super excited!! I feel like my face is so universal I could be anyone thats white like me haha

Ive done so much to prepare for this. I lost 35lbs, went to a dermatologist and got some crazy topical stuff for my acne and i got my teeth whitened. Im still not at my goal weight yet Im still a pretty hippy girl. Like seriously my measurements are 35-27-42.. ridiculous right?? But im working on it. I really hope i get this job!
    Good luck! That's some serious dedication, that's awesome.

Hi everyone! I'm brand new to micechat so bear with me hahahah.
    So I might possibly be auditioning for a character in Disney World next week. I'm 5'5 and I have brown hair and brown eyes (you can kinda see what I look like from my avatar and my signature pic hahah). Who do you think, if I should get picked, I have a good shot at getting? Also, any advice for auditions? Thanks a million!!
    Last edited by kittycat7887; 07-01-2012 at 07:59 PM.

I just have a quick question... How much do look a likes get paid? and do meet and greet characters also get to do parades? Just things that keep me up at night cause I think of these things haha