Page 396 of 509 FirstFirst ... 296346386393394395396397398399406446496 ... LastLast
Results 5,926 to 5,940 of 7627

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Is anyone going to the Tink/Periwinkle/Ariel auditions? I wish I could go but unfortunately I'm working all the time! Three-five jobs, plus tons of auditions for local theatre groups, and picking up modeling again! Doing an Alice in Wonderland shoot on Wednesday!

Anyone know if at the DLR auditions they will be casting Periwinkle? I know it says Tinkerbell, but I was curious

• Closed Account

according to this website: New Looks for Matterhorn, Main Street, U.S.A. and Pixie Hollow As the Magic Continues at Disneyland Resort | Disneyland News

they are casting for periwinkle. and the audition website said characters from tinkerbell films, so that would include periwinkle.

HArpist- I am considering the periwinkle/tink/Ariel audition in Atlanta! But it's call for people 4'11 to 5'2 and I'm 4'9 which seems too risky!

If y'all had to choose to either audition fir WDW or the cruise line what would y'all choose? The Disney world says for people 4'10 to 5'2 and the cruise is 4'8 to 5'0. Since both auditions are next week and both require a plane ride and overnight stay I can only choose one! Would I have a better chance for the cruise?

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sasa9 View Post
    HArpist- I am considering the periwinkle/tink/Ariel audition in Atlanta! But it's call for people 4'11 to 5'2 and I'm 4'9 which seems too risky!

If y'all had to choose to either audition fir WDW or the cruise line what would y'all choose? The Disney world says for people 4'10 to 5'2 and the cruise is 4'8 to 5'0. Since both auditions are next week and both require a plane ride and overnight stay I can only choose one! Would I have a better chance for the cruise?
    I think you have a good chance at both in getting a role because of your height. you're a good height for furry characters. you don't meet many people at 4'8''. the 4'8''-5'' you mention is probably for the furred characters and not look-alike.

if you're going for look alike, i'm not entirely sure just because your height doesn't match up. unless you have a really good face, you may be able to get both at wdw. more likely a look-alike in a parade.

if you go to the look-alike fairy audition for wdw, you probably won't get a spot that day. but they may ask you to come back for a fur audition or a parade audition.
    Last edited by totallynot05; 07-10-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Thank you for replying I thought it would.

Anyone else going to the WDW audition tomorrow? If so, I shall see you there.

Thanks totallynot05 very helpful! I've decided to go to the Disney cruise line audition in new York on the 18th! Since this is my first audition and first trip to new York I am both nervous and excited! I feel so unprepared! I have absolutely no idea what to expect! It says to bring a headshot and resume which I have no idea what to put on it! Also what do I need to wear? I always thought I would wear a little tennis skirt and workout top but now that it is so close I just do not know! Has anyone ever done the cruise line? What are my chances? How many people do they usually take from the character performer auditions? Also how long are the auditions? It starts at 10 and my flights leaves at 8 surely that's enough time right? Ah I'm so nervous but thankfully if the audition is a bust I'll be in new York so that should be a good consolation!!

Also good luck princestoy! Let us know how it goes!

---------- Post added 07-11-2012 at 06:27 PM ----------

I mean the audition is at 10am and my flight leaves new York at 8pm I'm getting to new york the day before

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceStoy View Post
    Anyone else going to the WDW audition tomorrow? If so, I shall see you there.
    I will be there! Best wishes

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sasa9 View Post
    Thanks totallynot05 very helpful! I've decided to go to the Disney cruise line audition in new York on the 18th! Since this is my first audition and first trip to new York I am both nervous and excited! I feel so unprepared! I have absolutely no idea what to expect! It says to bring a headshot and resume which I have no idea what to put on it! Also what do I need to wear? I always thought I would wear a little tennis skirt and workout top but now that it is so close I just do not know! Has anyone ever done the cruise line? What are my chances? How many people do they usually take from the character performer auditions? Also how long are the auditions? It starts at 10 and my flights leaves at 8 surely that's enough time right? Ah I'm so nervous but thankfully if the audition is a bust I'll be in new York so that should be a good consolation!!
    I wish I could tell you but I don't know much about the disney cruiseline auditions. i just met someone who did it once and she told me a little about how it was like working on the cruise. I just know that those who are look-alikes on the cruiseline doesn't necessarily mean they can do it in the park. but your case is a bit different since you're not only going for look-alike.

i personally would wear like yoga pants and a top. just something comfortable because they're probably going to ask you to animate, dance, act, maybe even sing, etc. i heard they are definitely looking for those who are well-rounded because they have limited space on the ship. they probably are looking for someone who can act, sing, perform, be in character, positive-minded. just like the page says "versatile," because they want those who can play multiple roles.

i dont know much about a headshot and resume. they're not necessary for the park's look-alike auditions, but i feel like cruiseline would want them since they're looking for multiple talents. just print something out and you should be fine. just blow them away at the audition! =D tell us how it goes since i don't think any of us familiar with cruiseline!

Oh thank you!! I'm getting nervous now that it is too late to back out!! Haha I will for sure let you know how it goes!

Hey guys I just finished my audition and unfortunately was not successful this time. Im bummed but i'm definitely going back. This was my second audition and it was way different from the first. I made it further the first time and waited 6 months in between auditions. I want to be a disney face character so bad, and I want to audition again but I have two questions.

1.) Are they strict at WDW for the six month waiting period?
    (my casting director told our whole group we could come back and to open calls but most likely they are looking for the same thing so it might not change anything)

2.) If i go back in 2 weeks and when they say " have you auditioned in the last 6 months?" and I tell them I auditioned 2 weeks ago (or however long i wait before auditioning again) like would they kick me out and not let me audition if I said I auditioned two weeks ago, but them tell them what my casting director said? I would not lie, and say I haven't when I have. But I just was wondering if they would make me leave..?

I just want to keep trying i've gotten farther before and I am extremely determined and want this more than anything. If someone could help me with my questions I would be so grateful
    Last edited by ChelseaRose; 07-17-2012 at 01:02 AM.

Hey ChelseaRose! I saw you today but I felt odd saying something since we've never spoke on here before. Anyways, today was a LOT different than the other auditions I have attended. Wasn't expecting the dance first, I think it was because less people showed up than usual.

1. I have auditioned before the 6 month rule ended, but I have never made it past the first round. I don't say anything if they ask...I have a feeling they will recognize you if you go very soon after an audition, which is why I'm going to wait two months before going again. So to answer your question, yes, they do appreciate it if you obey the six month rule. However, I have never been called out about auditioning before the 6 month period ends. So it is up to you if you are willing to risk it.

2. If you REALLY want to audition, just listen to them when they ask the initial questions and don't say anything. That's what I did, but I still felt terrible xD

If you'd like to, PM me and I'll be a little bit more specific!

Km4372- what are the auditions usually like? I'm going to a cruise line audition next Wednesday but I'd that doesn't work out I would like to try wdw in a month or 2

Sasa9 - I can only speak for the Orlando Look a Like auditions, and from what I have heard from others who went to DCL auditions they are pretty different. Other than the one I just attended, the first round is a "type out" to see if you look like a potential face character. You have to both look like the cartoon and the other people who are friends with the character. They line you up in groups of 50 or so and a casting director, sometimes more than one, will look over everyone and pick those who they see fit. Usually only a few are chosen. Today we learned a movement routine first, and I have no experience with choreography so I struggled a bit. I think a cruise auditions they judge all skills, animation and dancing, as well as your height and look.