Page 397 of 541 FirstFirst ... 297347372387394395396397398399400407422447497 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,955 of 8103

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by Sasa9 View Post
    HArpist- I am considering the periwinkle/tink/Ariel audition in Atlanta! But it's call for people 4'11 to 5'2 and I'm 4'9 which seems too risky!

If y'all had to choose to either audition fir WDW or the cruise line what would y'all choose? The Disney world says for people 4'10 to 5'2 and the cruise is 4'8 to 5'0. Since both auditions are next week and both require a plane ride and overnight stay I can only choose one! Would I have a better chance for the cruise?
    I'm going to the Atlanta Tink/Periwinkle/Ariel audition on the 24th, I hope to see you there - I wanna have someone to talk to so I can take my mind off of my nerves!

I've read through about twenty pages of this thread, and I just wanted to say thank you, harpist, and miss swan, for soothing my worries! I now know what to wear and that if I can't put together a resume, to at least bring a headshot, so thank you! The only thing I wanna know is, how many people usually show up to these auditions, and how many girls usually make it?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gracesmiles View Post
    I'm going to the Atlanta Tink/Periwinkle/Ariel audition on the 24th, I hope to see you there - I wanna have someone to talk to so I can take my mind off of my nerves!

I've read through about twenty pages of this thread, and I just wanted to say thank you, harpist, and miss swan, for soothing my worries! I now know what to wear and that if I can't put together a resume, to at least bring a headshot, so thank you! The only thing I wanna know is, how many people usually show up to these auditions, and how many girls usually make it?

Thanks!
    I want to go, too, but I'm waiting to see if I can scrounge up the money to make the trip.

If I go, we should definitely meet up! That would take a huge weight off both our shoulders. It would be nerve-wrecking being in a town I've never been to, at an audition I've never attended.

I really would love to be Ariel (or Rapunzel) but I'm only 5'1 1/2" so the chances of that are slim-to-none. What I was wondering is if they ask you which character you want and if you say one they don't agree with, would you be less likely to get picked?

They don't ask you which character you would like to be, they make that choice for you based on how tall you are, what you look like, and what they need. You might be the living, breathing, human version of Pocahontas, but if they don't need a Poca, you won't get the job. Disney is very strict about their height rules, but they are not strict about where they place you in those height ranges. What I mean by that is that Disney will sometimes measure you at a different height than you are normally measured at. I've also heard that they have a half inch rule meaning that if you are measured at 5'2" 1/2", and you look enough like a princess, they'll let you do it because you are only a half inch shorter than her starting height. I've been measured at 5'1" 15/16" and 5'2" 1/2" at Disney auditions and I can't imagine that I gained 5/16" in six months, especially when my doctor and pants said I got shorter!

• Closed Account

ChelseaRose: I dont know...I wouldn't go again in two weeks. With a small audition group they will most likely remember who you are. at california auditions, there are usually about 800+ people who attend and the casting team remembers the people who return. also, if they ask you that question of the six month rule and you say no, that could hurt your chances of working with the company. they'll remember who you are and might associate dishonesty with you.

km3472 and sasa9: california auditions have the "type out" with an open audition that a lot of people attend. however, unlike wdw, i don't think they cut you if they don't need you. you will at least make it past the first cut and then be asked to stay and audition or they will at least get your information, height, etc. sometimes there is a dance after the first round, but usually you read a character piece they give you and maybe do a bit of improv. other than that its a lot of waiting around until you can read your piece.

gracesmiles: in california, anywhere from around 600 -800+ attend. and i think usually less than 10 actually get hired. i think it depends on what they have open at the time.

yeah height tends to fluctuate, but nothing really significant or more than a 1/2 inch i would say.

Aw I doubt that I will go to the tink/periwinkle/Ariel audition! I kind of wish I was though! Good luck!!

Ok for my audition Wednesday! What should I expect with the animation? Is this what people talk about when they say it's like goofy decorating a tree? How should I be preparing? Also should I put my height and weight and such on the resume? I really feel unprepared now tht it is too late to back out!

Last edited by MakeItBlue0312; 05-05-2014 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by km3472 View Post
    Hey ChelseaRose! I saw you today but I felt odd saying something since we've never spoke on here before. Anyways, today was a LOT different than the other auditions I have attended. Wasn't expecting the dance first, I think it was because less people showed up than usual.

1. I have auditioned before the 6 month rule ended, but I have never made it past the first round. I don't say anything if they ask...I have a feeling they will recognize you if you go very soon after an audition, which is why I'm going to wait two months before going again. So to answer your question, yes, they do appreciate it if you obey the six month rule. However, I have never been called out about auditioning before the 6 month period ends. So it is up to you if you are willing to risk it.

2. If you REALLY want to audition, just listen to them when they ask the initial questions and don't say anything. That's what I did, but I still felt terrible xD

If you'd like to, PM me and I'll be a little bit more specific!
    Oh really! You should've said Hi! I would've loved to meet someone on here so I could maybe practice with someone :P I think if they ask I'll just tell them, but im not sure if they would make me leave?

And Totallynot05, so do you think if I wait a month or so and go back and when they ask I would just say yes I auditioned 2 months ago and see what they say? I wouldn't say no, I dont want to risk not telling them and them finding out, as this is a big dream of mine. Do you think they would make me leave if I said I had auditioned 2 months ago? or whenever I go back.
    Last edited by ChelseaRose; 07-17-2012 at 12:57 AM.

In the old abandoned old abandoned amusement park.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaRose View Post
    Oh really! You should've said Hi! I would've loved to meet someone on here so I could maybe practice with someone :P I think if they ask I'll just tell them, but im not sure if they would make me leave?

And Totallynot05, so do you think if I wait a month or so and go back and when I ask should I just say yes and see what they say? I wouldn't say no, but I dont want to risk not telling them and them finding out, as this is a big dream of mine. Do you think they would make me leave if I said I had auditioned 2 months ago? or whenever I go back.
    If this is a big dream of yours, wait the required length and then go back and audition the pants off of everybody.

Are they looking for people to be really amazing actors or just to be into it and able to think on their feet?

So I'm totally nervous for my look a like audition coming up. If I get cast I don't care who I get but I'd looove to be Cinderella!! Can I have a little bit of reassurance? Does anyone think I look like her? Thanks <3

Quote Originally Posted by Haylayy12 View Post
    So I'm totally nervous for my look a like audition coming up. If I get cast I don't care who I get but I'd looove to be Cinderella!! Can I have a little bit of reassurance? Does anyone think I look like her? Thanks <3
    I definitely could see it! Good luck! And don't worry if you don't get picked. A lot of it depends on the current characters and empty costumes.

• Closed Account

chelsearose: i'm not familiar with exactly how wdw works, but with any company i think you should be honest and respect their wishes. especially if you really want to work there. since you've already auditioned twice, they already have your information and picture i assume? its really up to you in my opinion. since you've been to two auditions, i think they already know that you want to work there.

awndrayuhh: i mean i'm sure they want both qualities: acting and thinking critically. but i also think it depends on the character. for example, villians seem to be quite talented. and i also think it depends on the park. in all, look and your natural ability to portray the character seems to be quite important. acting is too, but i think they're just trying to find the best person to embody the character. even if you're the best actress, the first cut is about look so you have to look the part.

Last edited by totallynot05; 07-14-2012 at 01:30 AM.

What is the absolute tallest a princess can be? Cause I'm exactly 5foot 7inches... It worries me that I have no wiggle room at all has anyone heard of a princess that is over the height limit just a tad bit? Cause that would make me feel a lot better. Thanks

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Haylayy12 View Post
    What is the absolute tallest a princess can be? Cause I'm exactly 5foot 7inches... It worries me that I have no wiggle room at all has anyone heard of a princess that is over the height limit just a tad bit? Cause that would make me feel a lot better. Thanks
    I think if you're taller than 5'7'' you would probably be considered for villain characters. but 5'7'' is fine. it limits you to a few princesses, but don't worry about it. and if you have the face, i dont think they'll cut you cuz you're 5'7''.
    Last edited by totallynot05; 07-16-2012 at 10:44 AM.

One more.

Will they teach you to do the character voice if you get in or should you have a pretty good grasp on it when you go into the audition?