Page 398 of 523 FirstFirst ... 298348388395396397398399400401408448498 ... LastLast
Results 5,956 to 5,970 of 7834

• Closed Account

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by awndrayuhh View Post
    One more.

Will they teach you to do the character voice if you get in or should you have a pretty good grasp on it when you go into the audition?
    if you want to be competitive, you should have a good grasp on it.

try thinking you are in the casting team's shoes, and think what you would expect and want from those who will portray characters disney fans love. try being that person that meets their expectations as an employer and as a performer.

just do your best during the audition to portray the character piece you receive.
    Last edited by totallynot05; 07-14-2012 at 12:28 PM.

I have a question for anyone who has gone to the look a like specific auditions before, as I am considering attending the Ariel/Tink/Periwinkle auditions. It says performers will learn a movement routine, is this the same one you learn at general auditions for all of entertainment? (the marching/skipping one) Or is it a more graceful, princess-y routine haha? I've only ever been to a general audition before at the end of my CP and was cut after the dance. Thanks for your help!

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by mgriffi6 View Post
    I have a question for anyone who has gone to the look a like specific auditions before, as I am considering attending the Ariel/Tink/Periwinkle auditions. It says performers will learn a movement routine, is this the same one you learn at general auditions for all of entertainment? (the marching/skipping one) Or is it a more graceful, princess-y routine haha? I've only ever been to a general audition before at the end of my CP and was cut after the dance. Thanks for your help!
    you probably won't have to do a dance routine. sometimes they'll teach certain girls a movement if it is required of the character assigned to them. sometimes its a dance and it is highly unlikely that it will be the marching/skipping one. it'll probably be a princess-like one, or whatever movement/dance that is required of the character you are assigned. and sometimes it'll be waving (if they're considering you for a parade). and sometimes it'll be emotions expressed through movement depending on your character. just be prepared for embodying the character given to you in every aspect from head to toe, and through voice and action.

Do you know of any characters that do learn dances? Just curious lol

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Haylayy12 View Post
    Do you know of any characters that do learn dances? Just curious lol
    I'm sorry I don't specifically. but i'm sure all characters need to be prepared for any movement required of them. you can probably youtube characters at disneyland and find out what you need to be prepared for.

If you were to be looked at for a friend of a character like Wendy, and to some extent, the Mad Hatter (both at WDW), where they are pretty much only seen in parades, you will be expected to learn a dance routine at the audition. But it won't be extremely difficult. They're not looking for the person who can kick their leg above their head and do fifteen pirouettes. They're looking for someone who can embody the character while still participating in a minimally choreographed dance. When you are dancing for that character, try to get that character's personality into the movements. Hatter, for example, is crazy so his facial expressions would be ridiculous and his movements exaggerated.

Wow, this thread is flying by so fast! It's wonderful there are so many people auditioning this summer. Good luck to everyone auditioning soon!

I have a question, does anyone know the email address where I can contact a casting director with WDW auditions?

And another quick question, does Esmeralda come out in the parks anymore? I have a cousin who resembles her quite a bit and she's really tall, just barely under 5'8'. That's too tall for Jasmine or Pocahontas but I once saw that the height range for Megara and Esmeralda goes from 5'6-5'8

I'm turning 18 a week from today! I can't wait to finally start auditioning at some time My goal is still the same: to start auditioning within a year, hopefully sooner. There are some things I still have to figure out and I might even consider moving, so we'll see. As for everyone else, go for it! Go to as many auditions as you possibly can. Be confident and show those casting directors everything you've got without holding anything back at all. I wish you all the best in getting your dream job! We all are hopeful indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by totallynot05 View Post
    chelsearose: i'm not familiar with exactly how wdw works, but with any company i think you should be honest and respect their wishes. especially if you really want to work there. since you've already auditioned twice, they already have your information and picture i assume? its really up to you in my opinion. since you've been to two auditions, i think they already know that you want to work there.

awndrayuhh: i mean i'm sure they want both qualities: acting and thinking critically. but i also think it depends on the character. for example, villians seem to be quite talented. and i also think it depends on the park. in all, look and your natural ability to portray the character seems to be quite important. acting is too, but i think they're just trying to find the best person to embody the character. even if you're the best actress, the first cut is about look so you have to look the part.

Well the only thing they have is my name and height. No photos, but I would go back maybe in September? That would give them a few months, and if they ask I will tell them the truth and tell them exactly what my casting director said which was "your welcome to come back but it may or may not change anything in the next few auditions. but you are welcome to come to our open auditions."

So, this isn't exactly about face auditions but, rather, dancing auditions.
    I have to wear a knee brace for really strenuous routines. I would just wear it for practices because those tend to go on for long periods of time but wouldn't put it on for the stage at all. Would they still look down upon this?
    Last edited by awndrayuhh; 02-09-2013 at 10:54 PM.

Last edited by KatelinDiane; 05-05-2014 at 04:13 PM.

I've been lurking here for a while and thought I would jump in since I will be at the auditions on Saturday...I'm sure I'll be one of hundreds, but I've always wanted to be a face character, and it isn't going to happen if I don't try, so I'm going for it. Who knows, maybe I'll have that special something that the casting director is looking for...maybe not!

• Sock Puppet

Disney Face Character Auditions

Hi! I would love to finally comment on this board.. I am auditioning for character look a likes at the end of September for a year contract in Tokyo! I'm so nervous! I also really badly want to attend the DLR character auditions this Sunday but I most likely will not :/ do you think height requirements might slightly be altered for foreign Disney parks? Haha I know that kind of sounds crazy to say but I have seen pictures of some of the princesses in Tokyo and if I can be honest they don't look nearly like they do in CA and FL.. I'm a little tall and this is why I'm nervous to audition out here.. I would love to work at my home park in CA but nervous for those strict requirements (height more than anything)
    Last edited by haileybrooke; 07-21-2012 at 05:17 PM. Reason: I meant Tokyo! Tokyo people hit me up haha

• Ossumpossum

Hello again, all!

Just wanted to thank you all for your input a bit ago on which face character I would be a good fit for, and ask a quick question. So, thank you! (:

Also. There's an audition at Disneyland this Sunday, which I'm sure a few of you are going to. I'm in a bit of a dilemma for that and was hoping for some input on the situation. See, I live about 6 hours away from DL, but was hoping to attend the audition. Buying plane tickets had to be delayed for a while, at which point they became too expensive, but now my parents have offered to make the drive down there for the weekend for me. In about a month, though, I go back to college down in LA, so future auditions wouldn't be as much of a problem to get to. Do you guys think it's worth taking the time and money (gas, hotel, etc.) to attend this audition when future ones won't be as much of a problem, considering the difficulty of getting through the first round of the audition in the first place?

Thank youuuu <3

(P.S. You guys rock. I love reading all of the posts on this thread. :3)

• Closed Account

chelsearose: it's up to you =)! just put in my two cents is all!

Dilemma: I would audition now. Dland does not have auditions very often. I noticed that they have had quite a few this year, but now that the expansion is over I don't think they will? And, if you audition now and get past the first cut. Then they can get your information and might even call you back to future auditions =)!
    Last edited by totallynot05; 07-19-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Hello Everyone!

Another newcomer here. I just had a couple of quick questions for you all. Like many of you, I am planning on attending the DLR open casting this Sunday, do you have to call or make any appointments for this? Or is it strictly open? If it is the latter, what time do you advice showing up? I'll be coming from the LA area, so I want to make sure I allot enough time.

And secondly, I wanted to get your opinions. I am definitely on the smaller/thinner end of the scale. I'm about 5'5-5'6 and a small size 2. Do you think this would be judged too thin for the Princesses outright? Should I wear clothing that hides my frame a little bit, or play up my small angle? I was planning on a long sleeve looser fitting short dress on top and black leggings on the bottom with either flats or low heeled boots.

This is my first time going to a Disney Audition, so any advice is very much appreciated! I know everybody is busy and concerned with their own auditions too, but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask since from what I've read of the thread, everyone seems so nice!

Thanks Again!
    Name:  Profile+2.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  142.2 KB