Page 399 of 531 FirstFirst ... 299349374389396397398399400401402409424449499 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,985 of 7951

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Hi guys I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right place because I'm a noobie! I'm currently in Florida on holiday, but live in the UK, always wanted to audition and looked up the auditions and saw they have them here so I thought why not! I'm 4ft11, so I'm going to be attending the audition on the 26th for Perriwinkle and tink! A few things though, as I'm from the UK, would I even be considered? It says you have to be able to work in the US, I mean I'm not able atm but I can do. I've currently just finished college in the UK and am planning to go to University in September however if I even did get the job I would delay it all for a year. It's my dream! Also just say I did get through the first rounds, I have a large thigh tattoo (ironically a Disney tattoo, Bambi) so I don't think I'd be able to be Tink as she wears that short dress however could I be still considered for Perriwinkle, she seems to have blue leggings? Also I better step up on my american accent, I WISH they were auditioning for Alice haha. And I have braces, is that a problem? They're getting removed in September though

• Closed Account

Neollace: Good luck at the audition this Sunday! And since it is an open call I dont think there are appointments! I would advise getting there about 30 minutes earlier. And I'm sure your size is fine!

jessicamolly: that is so exciting, i'm sure your height would be well-loved. your tatoo on your thigh should be okay as long as the costume hides it. you're right about the tink costume. but i think all the other shorter characters have their legs covered! and also I think experiencing the audition should be a good experience in itself, even though you can't work at the time. that way, if you audition again you know what to expect. and i think your accent would be perfect for alice/wendy just because they are also shorter! your braces should be fine as long as you tell them you're planning on getting them off soon. periwinkle isn't set to be in the park till the holidays according to the disney blog!

Quote Originally Posted by totallynot05 View Post
    Neollace: Good luck at the audition this Sunday! And since it is an open call I dont think there are appointments! I would advise getting there about 30 minutes earlier. And I'm sure your size is fine!

jessicamolly: that is so exciting, i'm sure your height would be well-loved. your tatoo on your thigh should be okay as long as the costume hides it. you're right about the tink costume. but i think all the other shorter characters have their legs covered! and also I think experiencing the audition should be a good experience in itself, even though you can't work at the time. that way, if you audition again you know what to expect. and i think your accent would be perfect for alice/wendy just because they are also shorter! your braces should be fine as long as you tell them you're planning on getting them off soon. periwinkle isn't set to be in the park till the holidays according to the disney blog!
    I'm really nervous but my big sister is going to do it too, though she doesn't really want anything out of it, she's going for the fun and to support me ^^ but from what I've heard the auditions are very fun I've kind of wanted to work at Disney my whole life as a character but never thought it was achievable so I'm in shock that auditions are held in Disney and you don't need any acting experience, so glad I looked them up! Oooh, if I WAS considered for Perriwinkle (which I'm thinking is the most likely cos I have ice blue eyes like her, that's if they are even interested in me which of course they might not be) that would be ok cos I would have time to get a Visa and Greencard sorted and all that jazz. Haha I know it's such a shame they're not looking for an Alice or a Wendy! But the faries/pixies are just as cute, I need to make a trip to Pixie Hollow before my audition to observe the faces there haha, Thank you for all your advise

Hello! I'm a WDW CM who realized that my life's ambition is to be a character performer only after moving down here for my CP. Go figure. I'm on a contract now and am limited in what auditions I can go to but I'm 100% going to the Tokyo one in September. Has anyone been to a Tokyo audition? I'm wondering about 2 things--

1. Is it true the first cut is dance rather than a type out/they type out during the dance? I'd like a chance to do something other than stand there for once, lol.

2. They haven't posted an aerialist audition yet, I've also heard they sometimes pull aerialists from the look-alike auditions, can anyone confirm?
    the-american-mystery-deepens.tumblr.com

Hey everybody!

So this is my first time posting and I was just wondering if anyone knows how often they have face character auditions in other cities, specifically Nashville?

I did a CP program and completely fell in love with working for Disney. I'm looking to go back, but I'd like to attend an audition somewhere closer to me, I live in Tennessee, and I know sometimes they do auditions in Nashville, mostly for the CPs.

Or, does anyone have any idea how often they cast for Tiana?

Thanks for this thread, I've been reading it all day at work, soaking in the information ahaha. It's like a cheat sheet for me.

Thanks for the advice last time I posted! Now one last post - maybe - before I go to the Atlanta audition on Tuesday (SO NERVOUS but SO excited!). Is there a separate sign-up for costumed characters, like friends of Chip n Dale? I'd obviously prefer to be a face character, but seeing as I have a slightly pointy face I don't know if that's an option. So... Is there a way I can audition for both? Or after they cut me first round for face, do I just have to go home without even auditioning for character? Thanks!

• The Pirate Girl

If the audition just says look-alikes, then it's just for look-alikes.

also, for anyone going to the DLR auditions tomorrow, often for face auditions people get there a few hours beforehand. So unless you feel like being in one of the far later groups, get there earlyyyy.

As for the Tokyo one, if they're anything like the Paris ones, they did indeed to a movement/dance routine first (after measuring). Since they'll be utilizing you in multiple spots, it's likely they'll want to make sure you can move as well.
    For certain you must be lost to find the places that can't be found. Elseways, everyone would know where it was.

Sorry guys another question, the audition info on the website states I must be authorised to work in the USA to be a performer, well... I'm not really, I'm from the UK, but I could get a work visa easily, I'm sure of it. Do you guys think it's worth still turning up, or will the turn me down straight away if they realise I'm from the UK but I'm thinking they won't talk to me about where I'm from and if I can work unless they have an interest in me, if they have an interest in me could they still take me on, if I did get a part it would be for one of the faries (im 4 11) and they're not coming into the parks until October, surely I could sort something out before then. Or if they were interested in me do you think they'd just take on someone from the US because it's easier for them.

I do really want to go but is there even a point I would audition in the UK but all the faries they are auditioning for there must be 5ft for some reason...
    Last edited by jessicamolly; 07-21-2012 at 09:06 PM.

• Sock Puppet

Anyone auditioning today please post your experience! Good luck!!!!

• shakespeare in the park?

I auditioned yesterday, and unfortunately I didn't make it past the first cut, but I met two girls in line who did! For anyone who is worried or nervous, it's not a scary experience at all. All of Disney's people were very nice and friendly. They had about 100 people in the room at once, and we were lined up in rows numbered 1-10. They would walk by and greet us, and we would say "hello, my name is ____". And then after a few more seconds of deliberation, they called out a few numbers, and those people went to one side of the room and anybody not called went to the other side of the room.

Based on the people they called yesterday from my group, it looked like they were looking for Jasmine, Tink/pixies, blue-eyed princesses, and at least one prince.

In the old abandoned old abandoned amusement park.

Quote Originally Posted by natalia romanova View Post
    I auditioned yesterday, and unfortunately I didn't make it past the first cut, but I met two girls in line who did! For anyone who is worried or nervous, it's not a scary experience at all. All of Disney's people were very nice and friendly. They had about 100 people in the room at once, and we were lined up in rows numbered 1-10. They would walk by and greet us, and we would say "hello, my name is ____". And then after a few more seconds of deliberation, they called out a few numbers, and those people went to one side of the room and anybody not called went to the other side of the room.

Based on the people they called yesterday from my group, it looked like they were looking for Jasmine, Tink/pixies, blue-eyed princesses, and at least one prince.
    Yay, you did it! :D How many people do you estimate showed up all together?

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by natalia romanova View Post
    Last second i ended up going yesterday, and i noticed that too! Of course i unfortunately got cut the first round but it's okay. we'll both just be more prepared for next time!

• Closed Account

that seems like all the characters lol
    Last edited by totallynot05; 07-24-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Last edited by KatelinDiane; 05-05-2014 at 04:20 PM.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by KatelinDiane View Post
    From my group it looked like they chose Belle-types and pixies but who knows...
    well according to the website, they were looking for belles and pixies. so that makes sense.

what pixies did they pull for?