Page 4 of 539 FirstFirst 1234567142954104504 ... LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    I believe its a script of some sort. Even if you go through the entire process they may inform you on a later date if they want you. Its quite nerve racking!
    Sounds like it! Have you auditioned before?

• A Weather Eye Open

I just advise everyone to go and see what the audition is like. Bring a snack, the line is extra long!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

I believe its a script of some sort. Even if you go through the entire process they may inform you on a later date if they want you. Its quite nerve racking!
    If you let it get to you, they'll read you like a pack of wolves... They don't want people who are going to get overwhelmed, they're looking for people who can entertain and work with the guests while remaining calm. Keep in mind, just like an interview, I'm sure it's not simply about how you look or what you say, your demeanor is going to play a big part in it, and how you carry yourself.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMouse View Post
    If you let it get to you, they'll read you like a pack of wolves... They don't want people who are going to get overwhelmed, they're looking for people who can entertain and work with the guests while remaining calm. Keep in mind, just like an interview, I'm sure it's not simply about how you look or what you say, your demeanor is going to play a big part in it, and how you carry yourself.
    Well said I agree

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    I just advise everyone to go and see what the audition is like. Bring a snack, the line is extra long!
    So you've auditioned before? How did it go for you?

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Quote Originally Posted by AliceinWonderland. View Post
    So you've auditioned before? How did it go for you?
    Each audition is going to be different, much like any audition. I'm sure it all depends on what they're looking for within their new Characters.

• Sock Puppet

Has anyone ever auditioned before?

• Minion

I was in entertainment at Disneyland for 2 years and WDW for 1 year, but only went to one face audition at Disneyland, but I know a lot about the process and what they kinda look for.
    Jeff Wayne

• Sock Puppet

I was in entertainment at Disneyland for 2 years and WDW for 1 year, but only went to one face audition at Disneyland, but I know a lot about the process and what they kinda look for.
    Oh that's cool!
    Care to go into detail about those kinds of things like the process and what they look for? That's what I love to know about.

• Minion

Oh that's cool!
    Care to go into detail about those kinds of things like the process and what they look for? That's what I love to know about.
    Well at Disneyland the first cut is just based on looks. So they look for nice smile, nice teeth, your body type, eye color, and facial structure. A lot of girls may think that they look "just like a princess or character" but although that may be true, you have to have a face where you can make a wig look natural. Casting is not going to tell somebody if their nose is too big, their not the correct body type, or they don't have a nice smile, but I went to one audition at Walt Disney World where they said if you wanted to hear those things to not be afraid to ask, but be prepared for the truth. Each audition is different. I'm not saying these things to frighten anybody for auditioning, heck everyone should give it a shot, but they are very picky about things. Break a leg!
    Jeff Wayne

• Sock Puppet

Well at Disneyland the first cut is just based on looks. So they look for nice smile, nice teeth, your body type, eye color, and facial structure. A lot of girls may think that they look "just like a princess or character" but although that may be true, you have to have a face where you can make a wig look natural. Casting is not going to tell somebody if their nose is too big, their not the correct body type, or they don't have a nice smile, but I went to one audition at Walt Disney World where they said if you wanted to hear those things to not be afraid to ask, but be prepared for the truth. Each audition is different. I'm not saying these things to frighten anybody for auditioning, heck everyone should give it a shot, but they are very picky about things. Break a leg!
    That was good info! Thank you
    But when they look for eye color, (Again, sorry for all my questions) is it a big deal? Because I have hazel eyes and the only characters height I am is alice, wendy, and tink and they all have blue eyes. So, could I just wear contacts? do they see through the different colored eyes and more so the face structure and stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    I'm still trying work up the nerve to go in on April 1st and try this. I'm not so much worried about the rejection as much as I am screwing up somewhere.
    Honest to goodness, there's nothing to worry about screwing up. It's just a fun time to see how things work and meet some new people. Just don't let yourself get too into the thought of how awesome the job would be because 80% of us will be cut first round. So just come and have fun!

I'll be there with bells on! ...Well, not literally. hehe

• Honorary Mermaid.

That was good info! Thank you
    But when they look for eye color, (Again, sorry for all my questions) is it a big deal? Because I have hazel eyes and the only characters height I am is alice, wendy, and tink and they all have blue eyes. So, could I just wear contacts? do they see through the different colored eyes and more so the face structure and stuff?
    I've seen princesses with different color eyes before, especially hazel.
    So I don't think you'd have a problem, unless your eyes were brown.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by AndThenIfell View Post
    Honest to goodness, there's nothing to worry about screwing up. It's just a fun time to see how things work and meet some new people. Just don't let yourself get too into the thought of how awesome the job would be because 80% of us will be cut first round. So just come and have fun!

I'll be there with bells on! ...Well, not literally. hehe
    The hard part is not going in with high hopes and wanting the job so bad. :/

I wonder how many people make it out of all the people who come.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyLocks View Post
    I've seen princesses with different color eyes before, especially hazel.
    So I don't think you'd have a problem, unless your eyes were brown.
    Can you still just wear contacts? There's a Wendy in WDW and in real life she has blonde hair and brown eyes. but wendy has brown hair and blue eyes. so it's like total opposite. so maybe the judges do see through everything and really focus on the face part.