Page 401 of 531 FirstFirst ... 301351376391398399400401402403404411426451501 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,015 of 7951

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

I have a shirt that I wear to most auditions that involve movement because it's flattering and easy to move in. It's blue with little puffy sleeves. I also have stick straight waist length hair so I'm concerned wearing that will look like I'm trying to look like Alice (I'm in her height range). Do you think that'll be a problem?

Dressofblue19: WDW's college program has four different programs that you can do throughout the year, but none of them is specifically just over the summer. There's Fall, Fall Advantage, Spring, and Spring Advantage. The advantages include the summer months, but you will still have to miss the corresponding semester of school (i.e. Fall advantage runs from May/June through early Jan).
    bibliobihullabaloo: You will want to wear your hair back at the auditions, so I don't think it'll be a problem. I have the exact same hairstyle and trust me when I say you will want to wear it pulled up out of your face! There will be people there who are dressed up a lot more than that too so it really won't be too noticeable. I wouldn't recommend wearing a full Alice costume, or even a shirt with Alice on it. I saw a girl at one audition who pulled the front of her brown hair back into a bun and wore a yellow dress with ribbon roses on it. That is too suggestive, but I don't think a shirt will be.

Do auditions ever come to new york/new jersey and has anyone from around there ever audition?

They have lots of auditions in New York for the Cruise lines. I *think* they also have college program auditions up there. You can still audition at the CP auditions for full/part/seasonal roles but the majority of the auditionees are for CP. I haven't been to any auditions up there, but I have been to two CP auditions in Nashville. If you have any questions about it, please feel free to PM me!

• Characters are my friends

Quote Originally Posted by abooch View Post
    Do auditions ever come to new york/new jersey and has anyone from around there ever audition?
    The closest CP audition to NY/NJ is in PA (either Pittsburg, or Philly). I've auditioned there before
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

So, is anyone going to the Aug. 25th audition at DL for WDW? Do you think there will be more or less people there than when DL held auditions for DL a few weeks back?

What would you all put on an audition resume? I have nothing relevant but a little dance training so I was thinking of making a hybrid of my normal resume (with my Disney roles and degree) and a "talent" one... should I put height and other stats?
    the-american-mystery-deepens.tumblr.com

• Sock Puppet

Anyone attending Christmas Fantasy DLR parade auditions this weekend? Men were today women are tomorrow. I'm going.. The only thing thing I'm nervous about is the across the floor routine and the level of technical training you may need.. My first parade audition. Anyone going.. Gone before?

• Closed Account

noellace: i think the casting director is different and the way they select their girls are different too. and there will probably be a significantly less amount of people there because getting hired would require you to relocate to florida.

muffinsangria:i wouldn't stress about the resume. but what you said sounds fine. just put your previous employers and talents and entertainment experience. height and age are usually put on a resume like that, but they take your height and stuff so it wouldn't matter anyways.

haileybrooke: how was the audition since it's already passed?

• Sock Puppet

Well i went, and it was kinda crazy! They teach you a somewhat simple but really fast routine that you perform across the floor and my nerves made me screw up like alot of people, but it's okay since it was my first parade audition. However, they taught us the routine outside in the quad area in 90 degree weather in about 5-10 minutes and i was dieing!! I got so overwhelmed because it was crowded and hot and they were moving so quickly. I have never heard of them doing that before.. but i managed to survive haha..

I'm going to the WDW auditions at DL.. do you know how they cast differently there? I know it's huge so theres a demand for more people..

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by haileybrooke View Post
    Well i went, and it was kinda crazy! They teach you a somewhat simple but really fast routine that you perform across the floor and my nerves made me screw up like alot of people, but it's okay since it was my first parade audition. However, they taught us the routine outside in the quad area in 90 degree weather in about 5-10 minutes and i was dieing!! I got so overwhelmed because it was crowded and hot and they were moving so quickly. I have never heard of them doing that before.. but i managed to survive haha..

I'm going to the WDW auditions at DL.. do you know how they cast differently there? I know it's huge so theres a demand for more people..
    o really? my friends who have auditioned parades told me that's how it is. they told me its a simple routine but they just teach it fast, and they taught them outside.

No, I don't know how they cast differently, I just have heard they do. and because it is a different casting director, they have different opinions on who they're looking for. I hear they're also "less picky" about what you look like, compared to DL. It's supposedly easier to get a position at WDW, but i think it's just because they always need more people and because less audition compared to DL. I'm sure there's a demand now because of the new fantasyland that will be made too.

Anyone have advice on what to put on a resume? Or what makes a nice head shot?

Walt Disney World (in Florida) is taking electronic submissions and I was thinking about submitting one myself. I have some experience in acting but not much. I did acting camps, volunteer work, random dance classes, and the like for about three years or so. But is there anything else I should add? Like that I have experience with improvisation or the like? Should I include my retail work experience?

Any advice would be extremely helpful. Thank you in advance!
    ... There's no place like home ...

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like they're looking for an actor's resume. If that's the case I wouldn't include retail experience unless it's somehow applicable.

You can find lots of examples of good acting resumes online, but here's what I've learned with my years of theatre experience:

If you don't have much experience, include everything performance related you can think of. Plays, education, etc. People also generally include information like height, weight, eye color, hair color, and contact information at the top. I personally have improv listed under my "Special Skills" but that's largely because I had no room to put my experience with it in the body of my resume. If you have room, I would include it. They will certainly be interested to know that you can improv because that skill is required for communicating with guests.

As for your head shot, the biggest and most important thing is that it looks like you. Do your makeup simply and flatteringly and wear something that won't distract from your face (bold patterns are usually what the eye will go to rather than your features).

I don't think either of these things will have to be perfect for this audition, but it's always good to have them. They make you look prepared and professional.

Thanks for the help bibliobihullabaloo! After rereading, I have another question. Do you think I should put down if I am able to do certain accents? Or is that too "I want to play this character"!

(I have two "down," although I can generally pick up on how to do different voices etc fairly easily. No training, just a weird personal skill.)
    ... There's no place like home ...

Happy to help! It's kind of nice to be able to answer something instead of always asking. I also have spent an awful lot of time studying this stuff so it's fun to be able to share what I've learned.

It is common to put accents in your special skills. But if you put an accent down, make sure you can do it flawlessly without hesitation in case they ask you to demonstrate. Mine is formatted like this:

Accents: British (North London, Received Pronunciation, Cockney), American (Southern, Brooklyn, Minnesota), French

I've seen them formatted differently, but that's how I have mine. I also don't think you would have to be as specific on yours. These are just the ones I've been trained in because I've played characters with those accents.

And I've even included "Ability to pick up accents easily" under my special skills too, but I haven't seen it on any other resumes so I don't know if that's an odd thing to put or not.