Page 404 of 542 FirstFirst ... 304354379394401402403404405406407414429454504 ... LastLast
Results 6,046 to 6,060 of 8118

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Yep... on top of electronic submissions, they are doing the college program applications right now as well. So I am sure they are pretty swamped.

I am debating about applying for the college program myself. Does anyone know if the chances of being a character performer in the CP is high or low? Thank you in advance.
    ... There's no place like home ...

I heard once that about 900 people audition and they accept 250-300. However, because it is mainly fur performers they greatly go by height. Another thing though is it's mainly kids who have never really had movement experience before and fall in the "dead" height range for fur characters.. i think it's like 5'3 to 5'5? Of course if your a good face candidate then you have a better chance.. I've been considering applying before the audition to see what happens (you can apply after if you choose so).. but idk i'm kinda nervous for some reason!
    Last edited by beachprincess; 09-06-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Hey, is anyone going to the Character Look-a-like audition for Disneyland Tokyo in NYC tomorrow? It's my first Disney audition and I'm so nervous!! Plus, I know about the dance routine (if you make it past the first cut) so should I wear yoga pants and sneakers or is that too dressed down? And the sign in window is only 9:30-10am, should I be there early? @__@

Eternalprincess, I'm going to the one in Florida on Sunday. From what I've read (and this is all second hand, so take it with a grain of salt), it's important to be able to move. I doubt yoga pants would be too dressed down. Maybe wear a flattering top.

And I would definitely get there early. It's always good to have a window in case you get lost or something. And too early is always better than too late.

Break a leg and tell us how it goes!

@EternalPrincess I've only been to auditions in CA so i'm not sure on the crowd level at NYC auditions.. but i would get their before 9:30 definitely! Yoga pants and any type of shoes for movement are perfect because if you start dancing you'll need to be in clothes you can dance full out in. Also, make sure your hair is in some way out of your face. Don't be nervous, just have a good time and don't stop smiling. I'm excited for the Tokyo auditions to come over here in a couple weeks. Good luck, share how it goes after

I went to the Tokyo audition in London. They asked us to be in clothes so they could see our shape, so not skintight, but reasonably form-fitting. There were people in dresses, jeans, leotards, everything. Some people were barefoot, some wore jazz shoes. They told us it's important for all characters to have good movement for Tokyo.

There were 180 of us, and we went in in groups of 60. Everybody got to do the dance both in large groups and then in groups of 4. Then they picked maybe 6 people and thanked the rest of us for our time and told us to keep trying.

They were very sweet, very lovely and very kind. Honestly, I'd have had a much better time if I'd stopped worrying, and I made friends with lots of other auditionees. Just have fun and enjoy the experience! They love smiles.

bibliobihullabalo: Ohh you're going sunday?? I'm glad yoga pants seems like a good idea.. I think I'll go with that, haha. Thank you! I wish you the best of luck.

beachprincess: Right! I was mostly concerned about the amount of people that will show up.. I was figuring since having auditions in NY is less common that there may be a lot of people.. or perhaps the opposite. I've only auditioned for advanced tap classes before and it was a small studio I was already familiar with. I wish we could have signed up in advance for Disney! Thank you for the insight! And I'd love to share how this goes!! Thank you~ good luck for your audition!! ^. ^

Elliarya: Wow!! That's awesome! Did they ask you for a head shot and resume? I'm bringing one but read somewhere in the forum that is isn't actually needed.. But ohh I didn't think people would wear dresses or leotards.. does your dress seem to have any affect on who's cut or not? I was thinking of yoga pants and a flattering sleeveless top I just bought. Ah, I danced for years but I'm so nervous about that part.. Thank you so much for the advice! I'm going to try really hard to chill out and just have fun. I'm glad you had a good experience.

They didn't, but I think it's useful to have, just in case, you know?
    I think they might've come to England to look for Alices and Wendys because the girls they were picking out were all quite small and girlish. Not to mention, British! They were mostly, but not all wearing dresses, from what I saw. They just want to see how you look when you move.

The movement really IS that easy! They teach it super fast, but it's not hard. They want you to get in character, so if you're shorter, BE Alice or Wendy. Smile big, wave big, don't be shy. If you're princess height, be graceful, but don't overdo the ballet stuff. The girls who acted like it was ballet class didn't get callbacks at all. They thought it was graceful, but it was just boring and lacked personality.

Beachprincess: I know a lot about the CP and their auditions. If you are interested in doing the CP, I would strongly recommend filling out the application and everything BEFORE you go. You can put on their that you are only interested in doing entertainment and, if you don't get it, you will not be considered for any other roles. They can only hire a certain number of CPs and if thye're not expecting you, they will be looking at you for full/part/seasonal time (which you can also audition for through the CP auditions). It is true that 99.999% of the time if you pass this audition you will only get fur friends, but I do know of a select few people who also got a face friend or who worked in parades. From what I hear though, you will only get at most one face friend and then you have to attend auditions after your program is over or as it's ending to get more. If you have any more questions about the program, please feel free to PM me (if it's about the audition) or ask!

Thanks! I went with it and completed WBI and am trying to schedule my phone interview (site keeps crashing!) and will attend the audition just to see how everything goes. If i don't get it, it's for the experience! So you can attend the CP auditions for CP, but still clarify somewhere you would also like to be considered for full time?

There is paperwork you fill out at the start of the audition. At my first audition, they said we could check as many as we wanted. The second one, they said to only check one. I'm not sure if you can check multiple ones now as it's been a year since I've auditioned, but I would assume not. The CP offers housing and everything to its participants so I would think that would be the better option anyway. You will have a set place to live while looking for an apartment and could apply for a full/part time job at the end of your program.

Good luck beachprincess! Break a leg at your audition whenever you go

So it's been 9 days since I submitted my headshot and still no reply...I find it odd since I've talked to a few people who have already gotten emails (all rejections unfortunately) and they submitted only a few days ago? Do you think this is a good or bad thing? I hope mine didn't get lost in the shuffle of all those emails, I'm probably overthinking it!

Thank youuu! It should maybe be mid October.
    I still haven't gotten any kind of response so i'm worried about that too. Did you embed your photo/resume in the email, or did you attach them as documents? I normally embed for submissions but for some reason i attached them, so i'm worried they might not want to open them.. (even though they didn't specify).

I attached my photo/resume in the email myself. Is this a bad thing?
    Do you think I should wait for a response before applying for the CP? Or should I wait?
    ... There's no place like home ...

Hey so I am Auditioning on Oct 21 in Austin for a character role ... firstly let me say i understand the audition is primarily for fur and only sometimes do they pull you for Face ... Also i have previous experience as both a face and costume character from six flags (I love doing this by the way) and really want to become friends with a Prince but im like 5' 9" ... so my questions are as follows

1) How lenient are casting directors in the height department if they like your look for a character? (I have been told by CP friends that i have a good look for a prince and that casting sometimes fudge's your "Disney height"

2) Have you heard of a 5' 9" Prince before?

3) If i don't get face what costume characters are in my range?

4) What chance do you think i have?

Here is a pic of me so you can assess yourself
    Name:  8.5.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  180.8 KB