Page 406 of 526 FirstFirst ... 306356381396403404405406407408409416431456506 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,090 of 7887

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

I personally wouldn't try to guess what they would ask you to do. Sure this allows you to think longer about what you would do, but it defeats the purpose of improv! Improvisation is supposed to be spur of the moment comedy. You have to think on your feet and be committed to your idea. Here are some tips:

When practicing miming/improvisation, think about something that you would do in your everyday life. Going to get the mail, walking your dog, playing with your cat, doing homework, etc. Whatever you want really. (When you advance, having someone else tell you a scene is good practice.) Then act as if you are trying to tell someone else your experience without being able to talk. Once you have this down, try to come up with something that would be funny in the story. Maybe you are walking your dog when s/he sees a cat and starts to drag you along. Use every part of your body to portray what is going on and try to make it easy for the other invisible person to understand. Don't think that you are being silly! Being silly is the whole point!

Doing it in front of others when you are comfortable helps A LOT. Having them play with you is even more helpful. If you can, gather friends for a night of charades or a similar game. This allows you to figure out how to portray an idea/story without speaking. The best tip I can give you is to think of an idea and commit to it 100%. Do not be afraid to change the story as you go, just as long as you keep the general idea. (i.e. walking your dog.) Do your best to make the other people understand what you are doing!

I hope this helps, I took classes on mime and improv for several years and HIGHLY recommend taking some. It not only helps with a situation like this, but in being an outgoing person in general!
    ... There's no place like home ...

Just a heads up, so far they have not extended the electronic submission date. Maybe when it has officially ended we will get an answer?

Last edited by KatelinDiane; 05-05-2014 at 04:27 PM.

I sent an electronic submission in on August 24th and have yet to hear a response beyond an out-of-office reply. A few people have said their friends got rejections already but I have not heard of anyone getting an acceptance.

I think they were looking for more submissions (they extended the submissions a few times) and hopefully they are finished. I think they must be extremely swamped. Hopefully they will respond here shortly!

I will throw Pixie Dust towards everyone who submitted!
    ... There's no place like home ...

Thanks you too! It's been awhile since all of us have submitted I find it definitely odd..

Last edited by KatelinDiane; 05-05-2014 at 04:27 PM.

Hey everyone! I am extremely new here, and just wanted some advice in general in regards to the whole Face Character auditions. I am planning to attend one on September 27, although there is one thing holding me back, I'm only 16. Should I even bother? I keep telling myself to go,because either way it will be a great experience and a way to find some "footing." My parents are very supportive, and I've got education options lined up, if I ever were to actually get a job as a character performer. I've been taking improv/drama classes at my highschool. I just want to know how likely it is for someone of my age to even be considered, I feel like the chances are very slim. Thank you all!

Well, I went to the Tokyo audition in Orlando last week. About 200 people were there. First we all signed in and got our numbers, then they split us into groups of 100. I was in the first group so I'm not sure what happened with the second. I think they just had to wait for us. They taught us a quick dance, had us perform it in groups of four, talked for a minute, and then made a massive cut. The dance itself was not that difficult, but really fast! Most people had trouble keeping up. We learned slightly different arm movements for the different height ranges but it was mostly all the same. It was a very laid back audition! I got to talk to some cool and friendly people and really enjoyed the experience!

Glad you had a great time! My Tokyo audition is next Thursday..

• Sock Puppet

Just had to say I basically skimmed through most of this thread in the last two hours, and i'm so embarassed by my awkwardness from the beginning of the thread. I was so excited and immature haha. Kinda embarassing looking back at it.... only speaking about myself.

Anyways, it's been so much fun keeping up with this thread and I can't
    believe there's still posts on it today. Love to see you're all keeping the dream.

Just as an update, chances are you'll see me at the next DLR audition, or the one after that. Can't wait to just try! Time really just flew by.
    Last edited by Alice in Wonderland; 09-14-2012 at 10:52 PM.

Spellsandstardust - Where are you auditioning? WDW's minimum age to audition is 16, so you're good there. However, Disneyland's limit is 18. I'm not sure on how many 16 year olds actually get hired, but I'd imagine it depends on your look, your height, and your availability. If you can work the hours they need and have a place to live that is within a manageable driving range, I would think you would have just as much as a chance to be hired. However, usually employers do seek 18+ to hire first, as they have more privileges (minors must follow laws which restrict their hours & breaks in Florida) and generally are out of high school and are looking for full time work. I'm not sure if Disney is similar in that regard. I say you go anyways and hope for the best! You'll never know if you don't try. (:

The first round of rejections (at least) for the electronic submissions went out today. Has anyone on here heard anything back from them? I'm still waiting.

Last edited by KatelinDiane; 05-05-2014 at 04:28 PM.

Interesting how long that took! I have not however heard anything..

Received a rejection today ): Think it's finally time for me to accept I wont be a face character unfortunately!